• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision monthly match at Phx Rod & Gun club 5/22

Re: Precision monthly match at Phx Rod & Gun club 5/22

Thanks Tim, I was jsut dropping by to post it for you. I'll see ya tomorrow.

Everyone will place one spot higher this month, i'll be in portland for the oregon sniper match. LOL Have fun boys!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scottmilk9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Everyone will place one spot higher this month, i'll be in portland for the oregon sniper match. LOL Have fun boys! </div></div>

Scotty actually they will all be allowed 3 spots higher Matt, you and myself will not be attending.

have fun guys, and LH Gina

directions?

Is it still $10 to get in and watch? How long do match's normally run?

Usually done by noonish, I doubt you'd have to pay if you're not shooting at the range at all.

How did it go? I missed it as I was under the weather this weekend (still am thank you allergies). Since it is monthly I am sure I will get more chances to come take notes.

The next match is June 20, 2010 at 7:00am. Come on out its a lot of fun.

What a way to spend fathers day
smile.gif

I am good no little ones in my house yet just saying it would be a nice way to spend the day
smile.gif
Hopefully the allergies will be in check this time.

Scott, if you change it to the 19th, Steve won't have anyone to tie with because we'll still be at the lake.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mattsnuked</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL,

I'm down for what ever. </div></div>

Agreed (you can bring the gasgun again-and remind me to not get greedy on the KYL's).

I'm good for either day too. Prior to that weekend are there any practice dates in mind?

the matches basically are practice... don't get anything but bragging rights if you win.

we'll shoot on sunday, fathers day. 1st round goes down range at 7am, don't be late. if you need to get your 100yd zero, come around 3pm on saturday before we start setting up.

Thursday, June 17th, I'll be practicing from 7am til 9:30ish, so if you need dope past 100yds, be there or run your ballistics programs.

Sir, I will be in the Phx area July 30-Aug 2. I noticed on line that the Phx Rod & Gun Club has ranges up to 500 yds. Is this range for members only? I am looking for ranges past 200 yds in the Phx area. I also noticed the ranges closes early, due to the heat? Thanks Tony in Kalifornia

Tony,
it is a private club during the week, open to the public, but only 100yds on the weekends.

You can come as a guest during the week.

Rio Salado, east side of town has steel out to 300yds
Ben Avery , north side of town, has a public range too, but not sure how far it reaches it.

The public range at Ben Avery goes out to 200 yards. There is a 1000 yard range but you have to be part of a group or club to have access to it.

Thanks guys, I will check the Rio Salado range when I get into town next month. Take care.

VPD of a Deployed Infantry Marine
LCpl Chris
3/7 Lima Co.

Tomorrow at 7am on the 300yd line. Please don't be late. $10 for everyone. Cash payback for top 3.

Had a great time on Sunday thank you Scott. Nice seeing all the shooters again. I really need to figure out my mil click values on this Falcon past 300 yards. Box test here I come.

-=LW=-

Nice shooting everyone, I thought it was a pretty fun match. See you all next month.

Im starting to wonder why the Hide has so many Phoenicians with custom built rifles that dont shoot this match, Its probably the only one like it in the Phx area.

Come on out and shoot, Matt needs some new blood

I could come out and give you guess a nice laugh when I leave a blank target standing...
laugh.gif
I need to get some more rounds through my poor mans rifle first before I am willing to make a fool of myself.

PS- What do you guys shoot at these matchs? Can you give me a run through so I know what to practice?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: REM700MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Come on out and shoot, Matt needs some new blood </div></div>

That's what your 260 is for....right?? Maybe I should take a look at that trigger too!

Had a great time. Thanks Scott.

There are paper targets, steel rounds, steel 1/2 IPSCs. Distance are from 12 to 700. Stages of fire vary. Mostly prone, but some standing, sitting, over barricade and support hand (aka weak hand). There's a $10 entrance fee. 1st, 2nd and 3rd get some $$ back and the rest goes into targets and supplies. Scottmilk9 is the guy that runs the matches. It's a lot of fun and the shooters are great people. Come on out and shoot, the more the merrier.

The monthly matches are the only way to get experience. You'll learn quick what you and your gear are capable of. It gives you a good idea what to practice and help you overall. All the regular guys that show up, about 10-12 are very helpful. There is no pressure at these matches, just trying to give all us long range shooters a venue to show up and have fun.

Yea these matches are for practice. Come on out and look like a fool. We have all been there before some more then others. It alot of fun and the COF is always changing

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: REM700MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">..........Come on out and look like a fool. We have all been there before......</div></div>

Before?!?! Brother, that trigger was your good luck charm-you should have Matt work on all your guns!

SA-All you need is a 100yd zero and 60rds to start learning what you don't know. Don't worry about winning, just come out, be safe and have fun.

All I know is next month I will NOT be shooter #1.......

100yrd zero and 60 rounds of ammo..... I might be able to handle that one. I don't mind looking like a fool as long as I learn 1 thing I call that a good day. I might have to bring the poor mans stick out and visit next month. It seems that I put this on my calendar to even go out and watch this and then something comes up (which usually pisses me off becuase it is something I rather not do but such as life). I also need to get the funds together for a new bipod as my current one is out for the count (thank you airline employee who broke that one while "inspecting" my check bag).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SmokinAce</div><div class="ubbcode-body">100yrd zero and 60 rounds of ammo..... I might be able to handle that one. I don't mind looking like a fool as long as I learn 1 thing I call that a good day. I might have to bring the poor mans stick out and visit next month. It seems that I put this on my calendar to even go out and watch this and then something comes up (which usually pisses me off becuase it is something I rather not do but such as life). I also need to get the funds together for a new bipod as my current one is out for the count (thank you airline employee who broke that one while "inspecting" my check bag). </div></div>

If you are coming out Pm me and Ill bring you an extra Harris 9-13 Bipod

Well the next one is mid next month so I hope to get another by then but we shall see (wife, funds, work, etc.. SOS). Looking to get a Harris 6-9 notched leg swivel with a podlock (if they ever get back in stock). If I can make it out and need one though I will certainly let you know. Also need to find the funds for some rounds since all i have currently is military surplus stuff which will leave me with a blank target at 300+ yards LOL. I shouldn't say that it isn't that bad I can still hit/come close to a milk jug at 200 yards with it.

date for next one?

Don't let lack of ammo stop you. I've got 100 rds of Black Hills Match 175SMK. $25 a box. I'll bring them to the next match or you can PM your contact info and we will do the deed.

Date looked like the 17th on the calendar on the PHX Rod and Gun Club site. I know it has been talked about and I have read good and bad on it but anyone use the Prvi 168grain stuff in a 308? Again I know every rifle is different and reacts different to different ammo. I have tried a few things in mine and it seems 147grain and 150 don’t seem to do great. Everyone says my savage loves 168's though. Also it is lack of funds currently rather than lack of ammo as I can find the ammo. Bit tapped out after putting the rifle together as well as building a AR. (Note: Didn't build a high end rifle but this is the first one to see if precision shooting is something I want to get into)

I thought the match was gonna be on Sunday July 18th ? One thing is for sure is that we send the 1st rounds down range at 0700 regardless of any printed schedule. Hopefully the guy who showed up at 0800 last week will come back next month. You will definately have a good time and we all help each other out, until the only girl that shoots with us beats you. I've been beat twice by her but thats how we keep our marriage fresh...lol

Scott's got July 17th on the Annual calendar he posted at LRPRS.com Maybe the coat and sling boys have a match on the 18th......
Perhaps we should verify.

I will work on the bipod and ammo and see where I get in the next few weeks. Worst case if I can get the bipod in time I bring some of the Military Surplus ammo I have and use it as a learning experience ( not that I stand a chance with good ammo either LOL)

Come out and learn I used Priv(Wolf Gold)150gr soft points for the first three matches and it worked. The most important thing is to have fun, but be warned this is a lot of fun and really addictive.

Do they sell Prvi at BassPro or only Cabela's?

I am unsure....I purchased the stuff I used at one of the local gun shows.