• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SOLD OOS. No longer in production. Precision Rifle A.T.R. (Adjustable Thumb Rest) - ARCA

Olen_4504

[ ]
Supporter
Minuteman
May 16, 2018
Montpelier, Virginia
Some of you may have seen this around IG and Facebook in the last month or so. I did an initial batch of 50 units that sold out pretty quickly and I've gotten great feedback on them. I'm here to announce a second batch is in the works to be ready in a couple of weeks.

What is it?

The precision rifle A.T.R. stands for Adjustable Thumb Rest, Arca Thumb Rest, Ambidextrous Thumb Rest, Awesome Thumb Rest, whatever you want it to stand for!
There are a few options for thumb rests that work for the common chassis systems out there (MDT, MPA, KRG, etc...anything with m-lok slots or QD slots). However with the rising popularity of more traditional stocks in precision rifle disciplines there was a need for something more. Stocks like Foundation, Manners, McMillan, Grayboe, etc have no where to mount such accessories. If they do, it's a fixed location that might not always be the right spot for you. This is where the A.T.R. fits in. It works on any stock/chassis with an ARCA dovetail. It includes a spacer to allow fitment on wide stocks (Foundation MG1/MG2, Centurion, wide Manners, etc). But it can be used without the spacer for the slimmer stocks/chassis. It even fits over the external weights on MDT/MPA chassis using the included spacer.

The A.T.R. can be used by both left and right handed shooters. The thumb ramp can be angled to your desired position. This next batch will allow for the thumb ramp to go completely horizontal if desired.

The A.T.R. can easily fit in front of your "gamer" plate (area 419, gray ops, etc). It gives you a place to get a handful of your bag and pinch it to the rifle.

How can I get one?

PM me on here, Facebook (@ Kyle Ponce) or IG (@hookedonbrass) and I will get your name added to a list for the next batch. When they are ready I will reach out and let you know. I will accept paypal F&F payment plus a few bucks for shipping ($108 total). I will contact everyone on the list individually once they are ready!

If you are local to me (VA/NC area) I can always sell you one FTF at a match or something. If you follow me on social media you can see if I'll be at a match near you if you want to check one out in person.

Cost:

$108/shipped

Attachments

• 6A710CB1-8115-4513-9F0B-E062841B1077.jpeg
    6A710CB1-8115-4513-9F0B-E062841B1077.jpeg
    145.4 KB · Views: 858
  • 128E2257-276B-4558-AF23-2A3931E2633D.jpeg
    128E2257-276B-4558-AF23-2A3931E2633D.jpeg
    80.4 KB · Views: 796
  • 249D5EF7-8BD0-45FB-AC97-197B9A5D4214.jpeg
    249D5EF7-8BD0-45FB-AC97-197B9A5D4214.jpeg
    317.2 KB · Views: 731
  • 4CF1EC84-525F-43C7-AC5D-BF99BFEF958E.jpeg
    4CF1EC84-525F-43C7-AC5D-BF99BFEF958E.jpeg
    429.2 KB · Views: 820
Last edited:
Is there a way to be put on waiting list or backorder

Shoutout to @hookedonbrass for the ATR. They say you can't buy points, but I did with this.

I run KRG and always struggled to find a good purchase to lock my thumb on, to push the rifle into a bag or barricade; this fixed all that. Also it's really nice to be able to adjust the position along the rail, to accommodate different size bags.

I'm not affiliated with the company in any way, just can't believe something like this can be so simple and work so well. Good luck with your product.

I’ve run the ATR since the PRS finale last year and I love it. I use it on my Foundation Genesis and it adds awesome control to the rifle. Easy to take on and off the ARCA rail and fits well even with the bipod on. 4E01EA4D-8475-4598-BA3D-7FEF1A067E47.jpeg

Reactions: Olen_4504
Alright guys, almost half of them are spoken for from the first batch!

Please send me your name to get on the list if you are interested. I won't collect any money from you until they are almost ready to ship out.

Thank you for all the messages so far!

Reactions: CV_Ag
12 left remaining from first batch.

UPDATE: clamps are stuck in shipping limbo. I need to contact fedex next week and figure out what the heck is up. (they've been stuck in limbo for a week and a half).

machined parts are still in the works/anodizing/engraving.

Thanks to everyone who has reached out. FYI - I'm only paying for this commercial supporter for one month because I'm a poor. I'm not sure what will happen to this thread once it expires. but I think I can make one that I can at least provide updates on, people to leave feedback, etc that's not in the PX.

Stay warm out there!

Reactions: CV_Ag
CLAMPS HAVE ARRIVED!

The thumb ramps are done, spacers are on the machines now. Then the plates.

then they all have to go to anodizing and engraving.

Thanks for the patience - I'll get these into your hands as soon as I can!

10 remaining

Reactions: Dustyplyr
4 units available to claim from this batch of 50.

thanks again everyone. I appreciate your patience. it's taken slightly longer than anticipated - as with everything these days.

Here is a glimpse at the small change made to this batch. Horizontal mounting slots elongated to allow thumb ramp to mount perfectly horizontal for those that prefer it that way.

Attachments

• 9DC520B5-E690-4D3B-B20E-3529CE5DBC43.jpeg
    9DC520B5-E690-4D3B-B20E-3529CE5DBC43.jpeg
    220 KB · Views: 120
Reactions: Dustyplyr
I've sent everyone a PM with an update. ATRs will be shipping the week of the 15th.

I will be back with updates on the next batch in the near future. thanks again everyone on another sold out batch!

Reactions: RMS6 and CV_Ag
Just placed my order for one, anyone have tips and tricks on how to best use it?

Thanks for the handful of recent orders guys, they have been shipped and tracking sent.
I still have about 50 remaining of this 100ct batch.
Thanks for the support

Thanks. He contacted me and it should be here next week.

Edit: It arrived and its just what I needed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Olen_4504
quick question to the guys running this or the OP that invented them. Will these work on an MPA Chassis (matrix/ESR) with the wider sideplates/weights installed? my Area419 plate I run with the thumb rest won't fit. the thumb rest hits the side plates.

Thanks

quick question to the guys running this or the OP that invented them. Will these work on an MPA Chassis (matrix/ESR) with the wider sideplates/weights installed? my Area419 plate I run with the thumb rest won't fit. the thumb rest hits the side plates.

Thanks

Are you talking about the competition side rails or just external weights? If you get me a measurement of the widest point, I can tell you if it’ll fit.

(It does include a spacer)

sorry I should have been more clear. the competition side rails. Ill get my mics on the rifle tonight and give you the bottom surface width

thank you

When I get my parts from CNC I will double check my measurements and get back to you.

(I have my personal unit with no spacer, but I don’t have any spacers on hand to get measurements until the new parts come in)

Sir

I was just curious if you had a chance to check those dimensions. thanks

Sir

I was just curious if you had a chance to check those dimensions. thanks
Sorry this took me so long. Covid round 2 knocked me on my ass for over a week.

Here is a pic of a vision chassis with weights that spans 2.670”. There’s about .020” clearance between the weight and the ATR plate.

Attachments

• 863BDB59-0241-4701-9499-F0ABB45CF534.jpeg
    863BDB59-0241-4701-9499-F0ABB45CF534.jpeg
    240.2 KB · Views: 127