• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifle at TDI in Ohio

rls

Private
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2009
Akron, Ohio
Has anyone attended this class. Looking for a review from someone who has been through it. Thanks

Re: Precision Rifle at TDI in Ohio

Do you have a link, description of the class, and/or name of the instructor?

John Benner, David Bowie and the group at TDI are GTG.

I am about to drop the dime on that class (Precision Rifle) and Tac Rifle II. Not sure what you're looking for from the class but nearly all of the instructors at TDI are from a LE background, not .mil, so keep that in mind.

Fairly certain the rifle ranges there max. out at only 400 yds. I will be at a pistol class this weekend in Columbus with some TDI instructors and will get more definite info. on the P/R class.

You can call up and talk directly to John Benner, he's a good guy and will give you straight no BS answers.

A few years ago I attended a match at Camp Perry and spoke with a TDI instructor.... He tossed out two things that made me question the validity of their training. One, Spin Drift and Two, Coriolis Effect. I am not saying TDI is to be avoided though I question the depth of their knowledge.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cowboy_bravo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A few years ago I attended a match at Camp Perry and spoke with a TDI instructor.... He tossed out two things that made me question the validity of their training. One, Spin Drift and Two, Coriolis Effect. I am not saying TDI is to be avoided though I question the depth of their knowledge.</div></div>

come on cowboy bravo....these are valid interweb talking points....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">come on cowboy bravo....these are valid interweb talking points.... </div></div>

They are great topics to bring up. Rifles Only brings them up all the time... This difference is Rifles Only explains in depth the myth and misconceptions surrounding them.

Confirmed, ranges max at 400. Leave your 338 at home.

I have signed up for there handgun 1-3 in june, but looks like I will have the bread for the PR class also.