• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Training Courses Precision rifle classes in southwest Ohio?

kamiskillet

Private
Minuteman
Oct 8, 2012
My first rifle build should be completed soon. I don't have experience with scoped rifles so I figured a class would be good. This way I learn the correct way first time around and no need to correct bad habits. I'm having trouble finding classes for this.

I could self teach with enough research but I'm not sure if it would be as effective. Direction and help for a newbie would be appreciated

Thanks

Re: Precision rifle classes in southwest Ohio?

Contact Tom Sarver here and ask when his next class would be.

He's about an hr east of Columbus but there is no one else in the state that I would go to for what you need.

I have been threw TDI, It is good entry level class.

Longest shot is 400yds.

They will teach you every shooting position including shooting sticks and things of that nature.

Its a 3 day class.

I had fun, and definitely improved my positional shooting.

No fancy titles after my name or the guys we shoot with but if you'd like to come join us on one of our tweaking/practice days at Rayners you'd be more than welcome. We all hit our fair share of targets and will gladly share what we've learned shooting these LR matches. Not professionals but more a group of good ole varmint hunters turned LR shooters. Rayners has varying size targets scattered from 234 yards out to 1000 yards. At least get a start on some things before you spend the bucks on a class. Tom charges $10.00 for the day for the shooter to use his entire facility and avoiding picking up our bad habits is free.

Topstrap