• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifle Expo

I am once again up at this early/late hour due to my kids... I waited too late to have kids... young guys, don't do this, it ain't worth "getting your financial house stable first", ect... have kids after you've been married a few years and know you are in good shape there, but don't wait 7-10 years like I did. The stuff you can do at 25, you can't do at 40 the same way. (Like run on no sleep for example)...

Anywho, I didn't see where this expo is located? I saw where it said "South East" (which is awesome) but didn't see where exactly. Is my sleep deprivation causing additional mental issues for me, or have they not said yet?

I am once again up at this early/late hour due to my kids... I waited too late to have kids... young guys, don't do this, it ain't worth "getting your financial house stable first", ect... have kids after you've been married a few years and know you are in good shape there, but don't wait 7-10 years like I did. The stuff you can do at 25, you can't do at 40 the same way. (Like run on no sleep for example)...

Anywho, I didn't see where this expo is located? I saw where it said "South East" (which is awesome) but didn't see where exactly. Is my sleep deprivation causing additional mental issues for me, or have they not said yet?
Its going to be at Arena Training Facility in Blakely GA

Its going to be at Arena Training Facility in Blakely GA
That's great. Thank you sir. That's only about 3.5 hours from me. Of course,that's Halloween so the 2nd day is not an option, but the first day should be.

tenor.gif

Reactions: Lionsbreath
Hi,

Anyone know if exhibition is an invite only type of thing or open enrollment type of thing?

Sincerely,
Theis
Nothing I've read on it says anything about that nor for vendors specifically but I did send them a general message asking about sort of thing so when I hear back I will let you know what I find out if no one here can answer that question in the meantime.

Apologies, miss read your post.

Hi,

No problem. You read correctly, I typed/worded wrong. LOL

Sincerely,
Theis

Be really cool if you guys had a booth to show off.

Hi,

IF space is available to us then we will for sure take part in it.

Sincerely,
Theis

I'd like to go and exhibit, but wait to see how travel and this chyna-flu goes.

Be really cool if you guys had a booth to show off.

Hi,

Looks like we are in. Awaiting final confirmation from Phil and his hard working crew.
Looking like booth (Tent) space and 1k yard range spot is going to be available for us :)

Sincerely,
Theis

I'd like to go and exhibit, but wait to see how travel and this chyna-flu goes.

Hi,

May want to start that process right now though. Current times on Form 6 import permits are running 2'ish months.
And there may not be any available spots left if you wait too long.

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

Looks like we are in. Awaiting final confirmation from Phil and his hard working crew.
Looking like booth (Tent) space and 1k yard range spot is going to be available for us :)

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

May want to start that process right now though. Current times on Form 6 import permits are running 2'ish months.

Sincerely,
Theis
Yeah, im aware. Gonna be tight. I'll probably miss it, thanks for the heads up.

Pretty far from me but may be worth it to make the drive. Past years looked fun

Hi,

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

Sincerely,
Theis
Now im absolutely going to have to take off work to make this.

This really is a awesome event for anyone who hasnt been. And a really awesome facility.

Reactions: CaptNemo
Hi,

Hoplite Arms is in for booth space and 1k yard range usage.

This should be a great exhibition based on what commercial entities will be participating along with the service based courses and such.

We actually cancelled our Shot Show attendance because our model is to go as close to consumer direct as possible (Yes we will have to use local FFLs for transfers) but we will handle all aspects of the customer journey in-house.

Looking forward to seeing some of you guys out there.

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

This should be a great exhibition based on what commercial entities will be participating along with the service based courses and such.

We actually cancelled our Shot Show attendance because our model is to go as close to consumer direct as possible (Yes we will have to use local FFLs for transfers) but we will handle all aspects of the customer journey in-house.

Sincerely,
Theis
Looking forward to it as well sir!

Hi,

Sincerely,
Theis
Looking forward to to seeing your stuff!

Hi,

Sincerely,
Theis

It'll be good to shake your hand after reading your posts here for so long.

I'll be there again this year, either just wandering around and harassing friends or helping out at a booth or two.

I want to thank everyone who attended my class, and I want to say what a great time it was.

I honestly feel this is the future, being dedicated, and having the vendors on the line so people could go hands one was important. SHOT SHOW Is dead to us in my opinion, I really don't want to go anymore I feel Shot is a huge waste of money and time.

Combining classes, vendors, live fire, and the atmosphere of a competition where people can mix and meet everyone was awesome.

Terry's new Chassis is pretty friggin nice too, Damn you Terry Cross...
IMG_2193.JPG

I need one of these in my life.

Also Hoplite was impressing people left and right with silly little groups using the Shot Marker system. I had more people come up to me to show me their Shot Marker Results than I can recall.

IMG_2203.JPG

The potential for this type of event is high, however they have to nail the timing down. Too many complained about the holiday, (Halloween of all things, but people have kids) The other thing, I know a lot of companies begged off the event because, "why bother" we are backordered and have a waiting list. Marketing should not end because you are busy, you have to keep the pressure up. So while I get the mindset I think it is misplaced.

End of the day, we have to support ourselves as nobody else will do it, and why should we be limited like at Shot. Hell you can have 10 influencers there live streaming, projecting, etc. Also letting ANYONE attend, and giving them access to everything in one place is huge. You can take a class, shoot, see new products, talk directly with everyone.

I was saying to someone in regards to the competitions, people like competition more for the social side of it than the shooting part. 10 stages a day times 90 seconds is not a lot of shooting, and to me the competitions today have really shitty stages and are totally boring. Doing the same thing over and over again is crap, but when you are living the social network in person you love every minute of it. This is that too.

Lastly to the Squirrels on the Hide,

Thank you, at one point during a class, I saw 10 squirrel patches, and was like, whoa squirrels. We had a dinner, which was awesome ! They went to the 9s with it
IMG_2194.JPG

Putting names and faces to screen names is how this site made it's mark. They are continuing that tradition

Cheers, and thanks to everyone

I was a little dissapointed this year with the outcome of vendors but I still had a great time. BS-ing with you about the Valkrie and talking to Terry Cross were the highlights of the weekend for me. Thanks for taking the time to attend the event and share your knowledge with everyone.

It was great to see you again @lowlight
One of the highlights for my trip to Blakely was getting to see and visit with you for the first time in a bit. I'm excited for all the good work you are doing with our art. Your enthusiasm and energy are obvious to others and it is contagious. Good job.

Everybody was buzzing about your classes. You had some happy attendees from what I heard.

I agree with your appreciation of being able to put faces to names and names to screen names.
It was a good event for KMW and I appreciate being part of the community.

The other highlight for me was meeting and spending time with @THEIS . You and your crew are top shelf. I really enjoyed the interactions.

Thank you @Rthur. Keep the faith and hope to cross paths again.

On a separate note...... When Frank @lowlight would put the SH swag on my table, it would be like throwing the food pellets into a Koi pond! LOL.

./

I was a little dissapointed this year with the outcome of vendors but I still had a great time. BS-ing with you about the Valkrie and talking to Terry Cross were the highlights of the weekend for me. Thanks for taking the time to attend the event and share your knowledge with everyone.
Thank you sir. It was a pleasure to meet you and chat. Always fun to talk about things we love to do.
Be safe.

T.

Reactions: RFutch
Hi,

HANDS DOWN one of the best industry events and being dedicated to precision rifles makes it that much more relevant!!

They could hold a Precision Rifle Expo in a different region of the USA every quarter and it would eclipse Shot Show by a very long ways.

The timing of this past one being on Halloween was not the best dates but business and customers come before Holidays.

It was an absolute pleasure meeting, talking and shooting with different folks.

Especially @Terry Cross (Absolutely one of the best guys in our industry) and @lowlight (One of the most enthusiastic guys in our industry).

The SM dinner was over the top and although they are a diverse group of folks; they have a knowledge base and comedic value that is unsurpassed!!!

Sincerely,
Theis

Last edited:
I want to thank everyone who attended my class, and I want to say what a great time it was.

I honestly feel this is the future, being dedicated, and having the vendors on the line so people could go hands one was important. SHOT SHOW Is dead to us in my opinion, I really don't want to go anymore I feel Shot is a huge waste of money and time.

Combining classes, vendors, live fire, and the atmosphere of a competition where people can mix and meet everyone was awesome.

Terry's new Chassis is pretty friggin nice too, Damn you Terry Cross...
View attachment 7733789

I need one of these in my life.

Also Hoplite was impressing people left and right with silly little groups using the Shot Marker system. I had more people come up to me to show me their Shot Marker Results than I can recall.

View attachment 7733790

The potential for this type of event is high, however they have to nail the timing down. Too many complained about the holiday, (Halloween of all things, but people have kids) The other thing, I know a lot of companies begged off the event because, "why bother" we are backordered and have a waiting list. Marketing should not end because you are busy, you have to keep the pressure up. So while I get the mindset I think it is misplaced.

End of the day, we have to support ourselves as nobody else will do it, and why should we be limited like at Shot. Hell you can have 10 influencers there live streaming, projecting, etc. Also letting ANYONE attend, and giving them access to everything in one place is huge. You can take a class, shoot, see new products, talk directly with everyone.

I was saying to someone in regards to the competitions, people like competition more for the social side of it than the shooting part. 10 stages a day times 90 seconds is not a lot of shooting, and to me the competitions today have really shitty stages and are totally boring. Doing the same thing over and over again is crap, but when you are living the social network in person you love every minute of it. This is that too.

Lastly to the Squirrels on the Hide,

Thank you, at one point during a class, I saw 10 squirrel patches, and was like, whoa squirrels. We had a dinner, which was awesome ! They went to the 9s with it
View attachment 7733796

Putting names and faces to screen names is how this site made it's mark. They are continuing that tradition

Cheers, and thanks to everyone
Definitely was awesome. The wind was kind of rough early Saturday but other than that it was great. It was so cool to meet and talk to all these guys who we interact with on here.

I brought my dad along. He isn't a shooter really but he used to shoot a lot of shot gun stuff(Clay's and birds), and he hunted some of course, but he's never even seen anything beyond a model 70.... he's heard me talk about this and that and that's about it. He really enjoyed it and is now even talking about getting him a rifle. He is no spring chicken, so I think it's a pretty big deal that the expo and his experience there had such an impact. This is how we grow this thing. I had to split early Sunday to get back for taking my kids trick or treating, but it was an awesome time. With a little better scheduling, it could definitely be an event that I would go to every year and I think it's a much better platform than SHOT all together.

Ethan and I had a blast at the event. It was great to meet @THEIS @Dthomas3523 and @Terry Cross It was awesome to see Terrys new chassis in person and the Hoplite rifle(plus getting to shoot this one).

Really enjoyed sitting through Emil’s wind class again and the fundamentals with @lowlight

Also of course got to meet several other people from here which was nice.

Hopefully I’ll be able to make the next expo as I’ve really enjoyed the two I’ve made it too.

@lowlight , is there any reason the vendors at the expo weren't selling their products there? I assume there is since none of them were selling their stuff other than some t-shirts, I was just curious as to why? I brought some cash in anticipation of seeing so.ething I couldn't live without.... so it worked out great at saving me money. :)

Just curious really

@lowlight , is there any reason the vendors at the expo weren't selling their products there? I assume there is since none of them were selling their stuff other than some t-shirts, I was just curious as to why? I brought some cash in anticipation of seeing so.ething I couldn't live without.... so it worked out great at saving me money. :)

Just curious really
Only things that could be sold would be accessories. Firearms you would have to have an ffl unless you were in your own state or neighboring. Also lots of places have rules for temporary business licenses. States want their sales tax revenue. Probably other things I'm missing too.

Only things that could be sold would be accessories. Firearms you would have to have an ffl unless you were in your own state or neighboring. Also lots of places have rules for temporary business licenses. States want their sales tax revenue. Probably other things I'm missing too.
Yeah, I know actions would have been tough but seems like a target rich environment to sell in and worth a business license but I was just curious if there was some reason other than such as that. Might have to get a county and state license there instead of just a county or city license I guess.

To say that @Jamie C and I had a great time, would be an understatement. Meeting people in person that we’ve only ever dealt with from a distance was fun. Meeting new people in the industry was great too! Seeing some stuff and being able to put your hands on it made for a very good expo. Jamie being a teacher, she doesn’t really get much in the way of time off during the school year but she made it a point to make this trip happen. Pretty sure this won’t be our last expo.
AED90B82-02FA-4164-99F5-ADF83D507F39.jpeg
E0EC157F-A4C8-4E49-89CC-07E770A17D46.jpeg
48C6673D-5BED-4C04-99B6-47ECF07FA5E3.jpeg
3107A7A6-1A55-4655-B864-E8B80871C4F0.jpeg
20FD5E4F-824F-465E-8B0F-4649645E80F5.jpeg
FE81B4C8-9E18-4423-A9E4-AFE7EC5FEDFB.jpeg

To say that @Jamie C and I had a great time, would be an understatement. Meeting people in person that we’ve only ever dealt with from a distance was fun. Meeting new people in the industry was great too! Seeing some stuff and being able to put your hands on it made for a very good expo. Jamie being a teacher, she doesn’t really get much in the way of time off during the school year but she made it a point to make this trip happen. Pretty sure this won’t be our last expo.

It was a pleasure to meet and visit with both of you.
You and your honey have a safe week.

T.

I am really wanting to fly up from Australia now the borders are slowly opening up... Hopefully next year and I agree, SHOT is painful and pretty irrelevant in a lot of ways.

Good work everyone, looks like an excellent couple of days.