• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifle Gear Precision Rifle Expo

riverman1

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 15, 2012
Edgewood, Texas
Who all is going to Navasota this weekend? I will be there trying to catch as many of the classes as possible. I need to soak up all the knowledge I can.

Should we plan to meet up for dinner and your favorite beverage Friday or Saturday night?

I love going to the PRE, it's just too far for me this year but it will be really cool again I'm sure. The classes + ability to shoot the new stuff and have all the vendors and who's who in this community all in one spot is great! If anyone is on the fence about it, I'd highly encourage you to go.

Would it be a waste of time and money for a true beginner to go to this?

I’m just looking to get some basic instructions on how to dial, hold, etc.

I’m still in the advanced beginner stage myself.

There’s experts here to show us stuff and try stuff, and ask questions in person. It’s a no brainer.

Fundamentals is the first class! Give it a shot.

Raining all day here tomorrow in the forecast. Are the classes under tents or classroom?

Good advice to go despite level of expertise, Great class.

Last edited:
I have no idea. It was miserable conditions and I bailed.

Really enjoyed the classes, and considering they were only an hour long, very well done.

The weather conditions on Saturday were miserable. However, we made the best of it and had a great time, met a lot of good people and gained much valuable knowledge at the classes. Went back Sunday for some classes and then headed back home. I ended up buying a Wiebad Pump Pillow and a new Kestrel 5700. The only disappointment of the show was SK didn't have any ammo to sell. I held off on purchasing from Midsouth last week because I figured they would have show specials going on. Nope. Live and learn I guess. Now I am on the hunt for SK Long Range again. Oh, and meeting Frank was great and he put on a really nice class, considering the time constraints. I bought his book and will read it this week, since I am on vacation!

No, I didn't really see any advertisement from/about individual venders other than the fact that they were going to be there. As far as I could tell, all the other venders were there to sell and were running show specials. Which is what I would expect from an Expo of this type. Ah well, as I said, live and learn. I should have jumped on the ammo while I had a chance.

I wound up buying a pair of the EC 6mm Tuner Brakes and an Amp Annealer. Not a cheap trip.