• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Precision rifle gunsmith in Central Florida?

Fisher85

Minuteman
Mar 2, 2017
I'm looking to get some work done on my rifle and would prefer to avoid shipping out of state to get the work done. Just looking to get my Remington action trued and re barreled. Anyone know of a good gunsmith in Central Florida that does good work they could recommend? If you know of one in Orlando that would be even better.

Curious...

Why the distinction between "shipping", and "shipping out of state"? I can certainly see the advantage in looking for a local one to avoid shipping altogether if you can find one qualified in your area- but once it's packed up why the distinction?

It's maybe $10-$15 difference whether I ship a barreled action back to a customer in FL, or in Oregon- and the requirements are no different for you when shipping to an FFL whether it's intrastate, or interstate.

Curious...

Why the distinction between "shipping", and "shipping out of state"? I can certainly see the advantage in looking for a local one to avoid shipping altogether if you can find one qualified in your area- but once it's packed up why the distinction?

It's maybe $10-$15 difference whether I ship a barreled action back to a customer in FL, or in Oregon- and the requirements are no different for you when shipping to an FFL whether it's intrastate, or interstate.

Sorry for the confusion. I don't want to ship at all. Will try the gunsmith in Daytona since he is close.

Dave McGrath is a rifle competitor from before there was PRS and his rifles also shoot lights out. You won't go wrong.