• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Training Courses Precision rifle schools near southern WV? Also trauma first aid?

Simonsza1

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2014
Fairly new to this part of the country spent 42 years in the south. Looking for good schooling on long range shooting, shooting in mountains not the flat south and also some first aid schooling for trauma situations if anybody has some information. I was told of a place called bangsteel in southern WV not far from me so also looking to see if there’s any opinions on it. Thanks

Bangsteel is in the Wytheville, Va area. You may want to check Modern Day Sniper's website. They're having a class at Pigg River Precision (Rocky Mount, VA) in November. There's also a link on Pigg River's site.

No first hand experience here, but bangsteel seems to be highly regarded. I'd love to attend their course. They are not tacticool oriented if that's what you're into.

I think a YouTube channel called Patriot Nurse gives trauma classes in that area somewhere.

Reactions: kindabitey
Great thanks for the reply’s. So far from tacticool it’s not even funny but love the discipline of long range shooting. Mainly just a outdoorsman that likes to shoot some comps. I’ll look into all the info thanks. If anyone has more bring it. When we moved to rural life here from city and far from urgent care wife and I are really wanting some better training on trauma first aid.

Fairly new to this part of the country spent 42 years in the south. Looking for good schooling on long range shooting, shooting in mountains not the flat south and also some first aid schooling for trauma situations if anybody has some information. I was told of a place called bangsteel in southern WV not far from me so also looking to see if there’s any opinions on it. Thanks
STORM MOUNTAIN. Premier training

Guys thanks for the help. I signed up today for the modern sniper class at pig river pretty excited about it. Storm mountain and the pft places are actually very close to me and will be looking to do some stuff there also. So glad I asked ended up with three great options as well as bangsteel within in hour didn’t realize I had so many good options.

Guys thanks for the help. I signed up today for the modern sniper class at pig river pretty excited about it. Storm mountain and the pft places are actually very close to me and will be looking to do some stuff there also. So glad I asked ended up with three great options as well as bangsteel within in hour didn’t realize I had so many good options.
That's going to be a great class. I'll see you there.

Reactions: JeffLebowski

If this is supposed to be good instruction, why are the corrections being called in clicks, why do the prone positions on a wide open firing line look like dog shit, and why are people's rifles recoiling all over the place with no correction from the instructor?

There's so much better out there.......

i haven't done them, but peacemaker/pntc above winchester and below hagerstown has 1k and 1.2k ranges and offers long range instruction. they host prs and gas gun matches (and 2 & 3 gun and lots of related games). www.peacemakernational.com. their ranges are open during the coronacrap and they are doing small group instruction.

If this is supposed to be good instruction, why are the corrections being called in clicks, why do the prone positions on a wide open firing line look like dog shit, and why are people's rifles recoiling all over the place with no correction from the instructor?

There's so much better out there.......

I've never been, just saying they get good feedback, and they openly state that their philosophy is completely different than many. Your dog shit issue is specifically mentioned on their website.

I've never been, just saying they get good feedback, and they openly state that their philosophy is completely different than many. Your dog shit issue is specifically mentioned on their website.
I've read through his website. His reasons are dumb beyond belief.

One can do much better for the same coin.

Bang Steel is great. I attended their course and came away banging steel at 1000 yards effortlessly. The training that they provide will be sufficient to hit targets well pass 1K.

Reactions: NCHillbilly
Hey thanks I’ve had a few people recommend bang steel. I went ahead and signed up for the modern day sniper class in November. My thoughts were that bang steel, pgpft and storm mountain are fairly close to me and there always here so I can do those anytime but don’t always have the other school just over two hours from me.

Storm Mountain is apparently closing. I read that the owner is retiring and noticed they have nothing listed on their website for classes.

I'm signed up for the Modern Day Sniper class at Pigg River, also. See you there.

Reactions: Simonsza1
Dave Preston and myself will be running classes at Rockland Precision in NW PA this year. Registration and class info can be found on the Masterpiece Arms website. 1 day PRS Clinic, 2 day Introduction to long range shooting, 2 day intermediate/advanced PRS course

I am new to long range shooting. I am possibly interested in attending your MPA BA Academy - Pennsylvania - Intro to Long Range Class. I purchased a 300WM for elk hunting and would like to become more proficient as longer distances and learning the proper form for different positions. Are magnums permitted in this class? What are the class sizes? students/instructor. Are the June 27-28 and Aug 15-16 classes still on considering the Covid-19? What distances do you shoot out to?