• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision rifle shooting schools....

Lochem158

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 4, 2010
NJ, USA
I am looking around for a good Long range / precision shooting school to go to...Sugestions?

Re: Percision rifle shooting schools....

I have a few training certs for sale for a few that will save you some money as well.

I am mobile. I will send you a PM in a few.

Just to give NOMAD a hand...here is a link to his For Sale thread with some of the certs he mentioned:

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...639#Post2654639

Hopefully he'll be able to hook you up with what you need.

Also...its <span style="text-decoration: underline">PRE</span>CISION (not <span style="text-decoration: underline">per</span>cision)!
wink.gif

Good luck on your quest for some quality training!

Badlands Tactical - i've been shooting there twice. I thought it was really good. They have several UKD ranges, and Bobby is really good and thoughtful instructor. Steve, his assistant has plenty of real-life experience to add.
Recommended

LMAO thanks ORD...never said I could spell or type!

I second North Texas Rifle Precision. I drove from New York to Texas to take the class and I was not disappointed. Jay is a great instructor and the facility is incredible.

Badlands is an excellent school. I attended a class at Badlands last year and was impressed with both the instruction and the facility. Steve Suttles was the lead instructor for my class. Badlands has 12 Unknown distance ranges. I never shot the same one twice in the week I was there. You can stay at the bunkhouse for free so it makes the class that much more affordable. I plan on taking another class there in the near future.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lochem158</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how is rifles only </div></div>

Rifles Only is a first class facility, with first class instruction, and first class people. The online training forum here on Sniper's Hide is run by Lowlight (the owner of this site, and Jacob, the owner of Rifles Only). They host 2 shooting competitions in conjunction with Sniper's Hide annually - The Sniper's Hide Cup, and Fall Shooters Bash.

I'm biased, but Jacob Bynum at Rifles Only is one of the best instructors I've had the pleasure to learn under...firearms or other. Jacob is one of the best and I highly recommend him and his facility.

I thought I knew how to shoot a pistol. I qualified for two IPSC world championships before I realized that I didn't know how to shoot a pistol.

I thought I knew how to ride a motorcycle. Then I started racing a two-stroke GP bike and I realized that I didn't know how to ride a motorcycle.

I thought I knew how to fly an airplane. Then I started aerobatics and realized that I didn't know how to fly an airplane.

I thought I knew how to shoot a rifle. Then I went to Rifles Only and realized that I didn't know how to shoot a rifle.

I could go on, but you get the idea: It's worth the trip.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you don't go to Rifle's Only, you're wasting your money.</div></div>

+1 for rifles only...

I spoke with the young lady at rifles only. What a sweetheart. She was the best. Very friendly and had loads of information. I will be sure to do buisness with them again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: furtaker_.223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I spoke with the young lady at rifles only. What a sweetheart. She was the best. Very friendly and had loads of information.</div></div>There a young lady at Rifles Only??!!
laugh.gif

Seriously, though, Lisa really is the best!
cool.gif

Thanks for all the help guys. I will have to take a hard look at Rifles Only....I need to finally learn to to shoot a rifle well, and understand why when I don't.

Has anyone been to the Magpul precision rifle school? If so how was it?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lochem158</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for all the help guys. I will have to take a hard look at Rifles Only....I need to finally learn to to shoot a rifle well, and understand why when I don't.</div></div>

Just gotta get out there and go do it.

And then, after you get back home...start saving up money to go back and do it again.

I'd strongly recommend doing a PR1&2 combo class; my only regret was that I didn't have the ammo, money, or time to stay through and do PR3 as well.

Also, be sure to stay in the bunkhouse. It's a great bargain, and you're going to feel really stupid driving off to a hotel every night while the rest of the class sits around talking guns and having fun being harassed by Frank.
wink.gif

+1 for Rifles Only. I also recommend staying at the bunkhouse.

I haven't been to Rifle's Only, but it is on my short list of things to do. I have heard nothing but great things about them and I have no doubt it is money well spent.

For a more local, weekend offering I've been spending some time with the guys that run Black Hat Training Corps in south eastern PA. Great group of guys, I am looking forward to the next class they have in October. I mention it because I noticed you're somewhere in Jerzistan.

http://www.bhtcorps.com/

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DrewinTejas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">North Texas Rifle Precision

Great range and instructor. One on one training.

http://www.northtexasrifleprecision.com/ </div></div>

My vote, as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lochem158</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Has anyone been to the Magpul precision rifle school? If so how was it? </div></div>

I have. It's a great course with an excelene instructor. Wojcik has been there and done that but has no attitude or ego. You won't be sorry with his/MAGPUL's class.