• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rimfire Match Series at Durham Pistol & Rifle Club (NC); every 3rd Sunday; 2014

bunsen27

ACME Labs
Minuteman
Jan 2, 2011
Raleigh, NC
We've recently started holding precision 22 rimfire matches every 3rd Sunday at DPRC (Mebane NC), March-October.

We are currently utilizing Range 1 (100yds max) until the new dedicated 22 rimfire range comes online later this year (150yds max).

DPRC PRM Series

This match is designed to be a fun and accessible match for shooters of all ages and skill levels.

It is a great way to introduce your kids, grand kids, spouses, or significant others to the shooting sports.

All 40 targets are falling steel, with a minimium target size of ~3MOA

We have three division: Sporter Optic, Target Optic, and Long Range Precision.

Sporter and Target utilize the same accessible shooting positions and fire at 50yds & 100yds. (NOTE: Due to the berms on Range 1 we are currently limited to 50m and 90yds, but will return to the correct distances once on the new range.)

LRP positions are geared for more experienced shooters looking for a challenging and inexpensive way to practice for PRS style matches. The LRP division will fire a third stage at 150yds once the new Rimfire range opens and a 45 shot CoF.

Competitive equipment for the match can range from a basic Ruger 10/22, CZ452, or Savage with a 3-9x scope up your high end target rifles such as a Winchester 52, Remington 40x, or Anschutz. Standard velocity or target ammo is recommended, no hyper velocity ammo allowed (contact MD if unsure about your ammo).

We are utilizing SquadSignUp and a tee time format to help minimize shooters time commitment. Do the online sign up, pick a tee time, shoot the match, reset targets, and you’re done in about an hour.

Adult = $10
Jr’s (15-10) = $5
Kids(9-6) = are welcomed please contact MD

If you are interested please send an email to:

[email protected]

Once on the email list you will receive the brief rules sheet and match outline, along with first access to the registration link each month.

If you have any questions please ask either via email or this forum. Thanks!

Squad # = Relay Start Time :
  1. 10:00 am
  2. 10:20 am
  3. 10:40 am
  4. 11:00 am
  5. 11:20 am
  6. 11:40 am
  7. 12:00 pm
  8. 12:20 pm
  9. 12:40 pm
  10. 1:00 pm
  11. 1:20 pm
  12. 1:40 pm
  13. 2:00 pm
  14. 2:20 pm

Match Photo Album Link

April 13th Results

This is a repost of the April 13th match scores:

I would describe the weather as breezy with an occasional gust and a large side of pine pollen! We had some excellent scores despite the breeze and actually had ties for first in both LRP & TO!! No shoot off due to the match format, but looking at Stage 2 scores J Boyette squeeked out L Scala's 18 with a 19 and G Turner's 18 edged past J Morisette's 14. T Wilson maintains his hold on first in SO through two matches. I have a feeling this years point series is going to be TIGHT!!

I'm really looking forward to our next match on May 18th!

We will be changing the shooting positions for LRP next month (rotate every 2), TO & SO will remain unchanged.

Some of you LRP's may REALLY wish you were shooting off the bucket at Stage 1 next month, and Stage 2's new prop should stretch your comfort zone! ;)

Shooter Squad Division Score
Boyette, J
6LRP36
Scala, L
14LRP36
Stevens, K
12LRP31
Tsai, V
13LRP30
Sherrer, E
12LRP29
Thibodeau, B
8LRP28
Hang, A
13LRP27
Pelham, D
8LRP22
S, J10LRP22
Ward, R
8LRP21
Thibodeau, Bz
10LRP20

Wilson, T
2SO29
Bossman, M
2SO26
Brokes, C
3SO18
Harding, B
11SO12
Boyette, L (Jr)
4SO11

Turner, G 4TO36
Morisette, J
11TO36
Johnson, A (Jr)
1TO35
Irwin, P
11TO35
Sylvester, S
14TO33
Courter, W6TO30
Turner, S4TO29
Lyon, D13TO29
Sharpe, D 2TO27
Embree, C1TO24
Wilson, M 9TO21
Brokes, And 5TO19
Wilson, A 7TO19
Brokes, Alx (Jr)3TO17
Wilson, Sm (Jr)7TO15
Wilson, St (Jr)5TO8
Wilson, C (Jr)5TO2
McCloskey, T*14TO35
*Match Director is not eligible to win matches or season series, but will shoot the matches for FUN when time permits.

Precision Rimfire Match Series at Durham Pistol & Rifle Club (NC); every 3rd ...

I really need to shoot one of these, Aug 17 is the 3rd Sunday in Aug.

Last edited:
Our next match is this coming Sunday (18th). Registration went live last week for anyone on the email list and we have 36 shooters signed up already. The morning relays are completely full until 12:20pm. We still have plenty of open spaces for additional shooters. If you are just curious and want to come out to watch you are more than welcome to pop in. The registration link is below:

Last edited:
I've had a few people shuffle relays and had a few slots open up in the late morning (10:40am, 11:20am, and 12pm) if that was holding anybody back.

We still have several slots open including 10:40am and 11:20am morning slots. Sunday should be gorgeous weather wise. I look forward to seeing everyone. Spectators are welcome.

WOW!! What a great match and amazing day weather wise! I don't think you could wish for a better day overall. For once we had a rather calm day wind wise and the scores definitely reflected that fact.

We witnessed the first perfect score posted for the match and TO by P. Irwin on relay 7 followed by another perfect score in TO on Relay 14 from D. Joyner. Not to be outdone, Abi Winegarden also fired a perfect round on relay 16 using the same Anschutz 64MPR and Lot # of SK Jagd as D.Joyner. Both Abi and Dave were shooting the match for the first time. We had several first time match competitors that shot some impressive debut scores. M. Alston, A. Nadalini, and R. Haugen made impressive debuts in TO with 38, 37, and 35 respectively.

J. pendergraft also made his PRM debut in the LRP division firing a 38. He left one target on each stage standing if I recall correctly. This was no small feet considering the new LRP positions used. H. Meyer made a successful return to the competition and was only one target behind firing a 37. E. Sherrer and A. Hang tied for 3rd, both with a very respectable 35. Follwed closey by V. Tsia and K. Stevens at 34.

In Sporter T. Wilson once again came out on top posting the highest SO score to date and his own personal best score of 37. However, with the return of N. Taylor posting a 35, A. Nadilini firing a 33 and K. Taylor posting a 32 in her PRM debut; i believe T. Wilson has just been given notice that he has some worthy competion in SO.

I did some preliminary data crunching for the initial series point standing....it's going to close and quite the horse race down the stretch to see whom can nose across the finish first in October. It's easy to forget during the match, but EVERY point helps your overall series standings.

We had a lot of shooters post their personal best scores today, which I am very happy to see. I look forward to seeing many of you again next month (15th June). We will be adding one additional target rack to each Stage next month expanding our capacity from 45 to 60 shooters. With this added capacity if a competitor wishes to shoot a second time in a different division for series points they are more than welcome to do so.

Pendergraft, J 1LRP38
Meyer, H 6LRP37
Sherrer, E
14LRP35
Hang, A
13LRP35
Tsai, V13LRP34
Stevens, K 16LRP34
Branson, D 1LRP30
Turner, S 5LRP29
Boyette, J 6LRP29
Scala, L 13LRP29
Williams, M 12LRP20
Turner , G 4LRP11

Wilson, T2SO37
Taylor, N 4SO35
Nadalini, A 6SO33
Taylor, K 7SO32
Lutz, K 9SO31
Farrell, S 3SO30
Rippie, R 11SO25

Irwin, P 7TO40
Joyner, D 14TO40
Winegarden, A 16TO40
Alston, M13TO38
Nadalini, A 6TO37
Sharpe, D 2TO35
Haugen, R 7TO35
Johnson, A (Jr)3TO34
Bossman, M 2TO34
Courter, S (Jr)3TO33
pelham, D 10TO33
S, J 8TO32
Courter, W 5TO31
THIBODEAU, R 10TO31
WilsonLyon, D 12TO29
Boyette, L (Jr)4TO16
Thibodeau, B 8TO13
McCloskey, T*16LRP35
*Match Director is not eligible to win matches or season series, but will shoot the matches for FUN when time permits.

Excellent match that will only get better once we get the new longer dedicated range running (Main topic of pour BOD meeting tonight). The match is great practice in the LRP division for us tactical shooters but the other 2 divisions are really getting s lot of females and kids which is Awesome!!!!!!!

Thanks to Bunsen and RO's for running this matches

Registration is now open for this Sunday's match

June 15th Registration LINK

We have added two additional target racks to allow four shooters per relay (64 shooters total). With this extra capacity we will now allow re-entry into the match. You must shoot in a different division the second time, and it will count towards series points!

If you have questions PM me or email: [email protected]

I still need more sleep, but 2 + 2 no longer equals potato! It was a LONG weekend with the precision match at Woody's on Saturday and PRM on Sunday. Longer still for those that RO'd Woody's: shooting Fri, working Sat, then shooting the PRM. Thanks for dragging yourselves out of bed and to the range on Sunday!

We were once again blessed with a clear sunny day with intermittent light breezes, though it was certainly warmer and touch more humid than previous months. On a wonderful Father's Day 37 shooters stepped to the line (7 of those enjoyed it so much the first time they went for a second go round) to mark the halfway point in the PRM series.

In LRP Jo. Pendergraft remained steady firing a strong 37 early on, but ultimately fell to A. Winegarden's late round 39. H. Meyer continued his strong showing in LRP with a 36 while L. Scala and E, Scherrer posted identical 35's sharing a rifle. K. Stevenson was once again steady-eddie with another 35. LRP is the tightest points race of all the divisions to date with only 5pts seperating the Top 5!!

In Sporter we actually have two first's this month; a perfect score and a winner other than T. Wilson. S. Sylvester made his Sporter debut with authority by posting a perfect 40pts AND successfully neutralizing the tie breaker target (+1) at Stage 2. The tie breaker target was added this month and is the egg from Stage 1 placed on the Stage 2 racks. P. Irwin posted a solid 36 followed by S. Farrel with 34. There was quite the log jam at 4th place with T. Wilson, K. Lutz, and R. Rippie each posting 33. T. Wilson up to now has dominate Sporter, but I have a feeling the next four matches are going to be quite the race down the stretch to see whom crosses the wire in 1st.

Target was the the most crowded division and posted some outstanding scores. P Irwin repeated this month with another perfect 40, but failed to connect with tie breaker. Fortunately for him it was not needed as the next highest score was 38. However, that score was posted by five shooters! D. Joyner, D. Sharpe, Ji. Pendergraft, A. Winegarden, and T. McCloskey all only dropped 2 out of 40 targets. A. Johnson (Jr) and W. Courter were right behind posting solid 37's. A. Johnson (Jr) fired a perfect 20 on Stage 2 to edge out W. Courter....again! :) S. J, R. Reter, Je. Boyette, and J. Stevens each only dropped four targets to post 36. S, J led the pack by cleaning Stage 2...what happened on stage 1 man!? :) Meanwhile Je. Boyette borrowed my trusty CZ 452 to make her PRM debut. They didn't shoot in the same division, but she did beat her husbands score (by almost 10 pts), and I think she may be hooked now!

We had several new faces this month with Ji. Pendergraft, his daughter N. Pendergraft (Jr), and C. Bethea (Jr) each making their PRM debuts in fine style. Thanks for coming out and shooting with us!

Again, thanks to all the shooters for coming out and supporting the match. We look forward to seeing everyone again next month on July 20th.

Winegarden, A14LRP39
Pendergraft, Jo1LRP37
Meyer, H 9LRP36
Scala, L 3LRP35
Sherrer, E5LRP35
Stevens, K 16LRP35
Branson, D 1LRP30
Williams, M 2LRP28
Boyette, J 7LRP28
Turner, G 4LRP24
Turner , S 4LRP23
Wilson, T5LRP21
Sylvester, s1SO40+1
Irwin, P 11SO36
Farrell, S 3SO34
Wilson, T2SO33
Lutz, K 9SO31
Rippie, R 11SO25
Turner, J3SO31
Joyner, D 12SO30
Irwin, P 7TO40
Joyner, D 8TO38
Pendergraft, Ji12TO38
Sharpe, D 2TO38
Winegarden, A 10TO38
Johnson, A (Jr)1TO37
Courter, W 11TO37
S, J 10TO36
Reter, R4TO36
Boyette, Je5TO36
Stevens, J (Jr)14TO36
Courter, B13TO34
Bethea, C (Jr)8TO33
Turner , S 4TO33
Pendergraft, N (Jr)14TO31
THIBODEAU, R 8TO31
Courter, S (Jr)9TO30
Thibodeau, Bz 8TO31
Turner, J6TO30
Lyon, D 6TO29
Farrel, S5TO26
Bossman, M 2TO34
Boyette, L (Jr)3TO23
McCloskey, T*16TO38

[
[/tr]

I got the match pictures uploaded to the album.

We added an additional target rack this month to expand capacity:

Yes....the pictures prove it... we killed Dave! The matches are that close and the stresses so high.... it just did him in! Just kidding! Dave is alive and doing fine after a brief regenerative period!

Hey all... Ken here... aka line boss... aka guy that yells allot and let's us shoot... just wanted to add my .02c worth.

Tom and I are having a blast with these events. It's been great watching skills improve and "rivalries" brew. The best part is watching the kids. Although not a "kids" event, we do every thing we can to assure that everyone that comes out has a chance to try their skills and have yet... even in the younger crowd... to find someone that didn't have fun by the time cease fire is called.

It's certainly a "run what ya brung" type of event. Rugers, CZ, Savages, Anz... have all been competitive at one time or another in the various classes Tom has defined.

So... if you were ever inclined to bring the wife or bring the kids to a shooting event... so that they can compete with the big kids, I think I'm safe in saying you won't find one quite like this.

I may be a little biased, but we're excited that this event has grown like it has and want it to continue to do so... especially if it provides a way for the little shooters to gain experience and a love for the sport!

I hope to see you there!

Ken S

What a fun match!! I felt like Dave though, LOL after being at Woody's for the two days prior. LOL!! Seriously, if you guys want to have an awesome time and have tons of fun, you need to come out and shoot one of these matches. Bunsen27 runs a good one and everyone from the kids to us older kids have a great time!!!!!!!!

Ok I admit it my name is actually Kenny........

Great match but as everyone could tell after running the match for 2 days with Woody getting out of the rack proved to be a weak move Sunday

Looking forward to the next one and especially when the new range opens out to 150 for this match

Thanks to Tom and Ken for running the match

Ok I admit it my name is actually Kenny........

Great match but as everyone could tell after running the match for 2 days with Woody getting out of the rack proved to be a weak move Sunday

Looking forward to the next one and especially when the new range opens out to 150 for this match

Thanks to Tom and Ken for running the match

Even as tired as you were you still beat @J.Boyette! :cool:

Thanks to everyone who supports the match!! I too am looking forward to what I can do next season once the new rimfire range is available. Stepping Stage 2 out to the proper distances of 100m and having a Stage 3 at 150yds is going to make hitting those small targets just a wee bit more challenging.

If any of you guys have kids, wives, or girlfriends you would like to introduce to shooting this is a great match to do it at.

BTW the new rimfire range is looking quite nice! The back berm is 168yds so we will be stretching out to 150m for next season:

Filling in for Bunsen to day as One of the match directors. Design looks great and I suspect once 150 meter range gets finished (80% now) the match will be even better

I don't have much of a match report this month as I was not present due to Family obligations. Dave Branson was gracious enough to fill in for me. Talking with both Ken and Dave everything went smoothly and everybody appeared to have fun. Looking at the results we had some stellar scores, and either the LRP positions were too challenging or I found a big weak spot. Next month will tell. We had a lot of regulars being MIA this month due to vacation or other obligations. The points series is getting quite tight and with only three matches left I can already see it's going to come down to the wire in October. To use an analogy for TO: the pack just made the second turn onto the back stretch and they are six wide...Wow!!

Stevens, K16LRP30
Williams, M8LRP26
Sherrer, E10LRP22
Scala, L8LRP22
Turner, G 6LRP13
Turner , S 6LRP11

Irwin, P9SO37
Rippie, R 7SO34
Turner, R 2SO33
Farrel, S6SO32
Lutz, K 1SO23
Haugen, R 2SO21

Sylvester, S1TO39
Irwin, P 7TO39
Johnson, Al1TO39
Fisher, S3TO38
Reter, R5TO38
Lutz, K 9TO38
Bethea, J 10TO38
Thibodeau, Bz 7TO37
Bethea, C (Jr)12TO37
Myers, H 4TO37
Stevens, J (Jr) 12TO37
Sharpe, D5TO36
Ward, R3TO36
Johnson, As (Jr)5TO36
Conver, S6TO36
Alexander, R9TO35
Pendergraft, Ji12TO35
Pendergraft, N (Jr)14TO34
Farrel, S4TO33
THIBODEAU, R 5TO31
Kochmanski, J6TO28
Alexander, E (Jr) 9TO28
S, J 10TO27
Greg (Jr)12TO25
Pelham, D8TO24
Turner, R4TO19

It was awesome as always but we needed you there bud!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Glad you had a great time. I will be there for the next one and DMM. Mom is recuperating very well.

BTW you have 3 more matches to see if you can capture 1st in TO. The current leaders four best scores are 40+40+39+35. Keep shooting the way you have been and pick up a few more targets and you should have a shot at Top 3.

Last edited:
Glad to hear she is on the mends. Thanks on the scores. Considering I shot this one with a busted trigger finger (slammed it in a door last week), I was happy with the score.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

We've cracked the 50 shooter mark on sign ups, but still have slots available. Also, here is a panorama of the matches future home.

Best match so far from Tom and crew!!! Extremely well run, attended and the bar was raised for sure in the LRP Group.

If Abi ever gets a 6 Creedmoor we are all in trouble! She really showed us how to shoot the stages

Looking forward to the extra 50 meters once the new range goes in service

It was great to be back this month, and yes the MD did actually shoot the LRP positions. That pole was tough! :) This month set another record for attendence as the match continues to grow!! We also witnessed another record setting day with four shooters scoring perfect scores and hitting the tie breaker target in TO! SO saw several good scores with a high of 38 while LRP proved to be quite challenging again this month. The overall series standings are tightening up across all Divisions, but there are still two more matches left for the season to improve. Remember you need four scores in a Division to qualify for the points series For the remaining matches LRP positions will be chosen by random selection from the previous positions.

Yes, the Homer bucket is back in play!!!

Stevens, K 16LRP32
Scala, L5LRP30
Winegarden, A9LRP30
McCloskey, T 16LRP26
Branson, D 3LRP26
Sherrer, E3LRP25
Pendergraft, Ji 14LRP21
Boyette, J 6LRP20
Johnson, H 16LRP16
[c]

Farrel, S5SO38
Irwin, P 10SO36
Rippie, R 6SO34
Taylor, K 7SO31
taylor, N 9SO28
Turner, J 2SO27
Pressley, T 13SO20

Winegarden, A 6TO41
Irwin, P 7TO41
Morrissette, J8TO41
Johnson, A 4TO40
Sylvester, S 1TO39
Reter, R 11TO39
Johnson, H 12TO39
Stevens, J (Jr) 12TO39
Joyner, D 14TO38
Nadalini, A 6TO38
Harper, R 13TO36
Thibodeau, B 7TO36
Bethea, J 7TO36
Sharpe, D 2TO35
Pendergraft, N (Jr) 12TO35
Farrell, S 2TO34
Courter, W 4TO34
Bethea, C (Jr) 9TO34
Courter, S (Jr)6TO33
Pendergraft, Ji 10TO33
Bethea, J 7TO36
Conver, S10TO32
Lutz, K 1TO30
Turner, J 5TO29
Boyette, L (Jr) 3TO28
Conver, S 8TO28
Enterline, J 11TO28
Kochmanski, J (Jr) 4TO24
Ward, R 1TO19
McCloskey, T*16TO41

Registration is open for the September 21st match. We have two matches left to acquire Series points for the year and the Top 3 in each Division is going to be quite close!

The LRP positions for this month will be:

Stage 1: High Kneeling (wood block)
Stage 2: Seated Homer bucket

Registration Link

Last edited:
Precision Rimfire Match Series at Durham Pistol & Rifle Club (NC); every 3rd ...

Shot this match the for the first time today. Well run match. We had a great time. Good practice for shooting in the wind. Evidently, I need all of that I can get. Shooting LRP division in the 9 mph wind we had this afternoon kept things interesting.

bunsen27, thanks for putting this on. We'll be back for sure.

Shot this match the for the first time today. Well run match. We had a great time. Good practice for shooting in the wind. Evidently, I need all of that I can get. Shooting LRP division in the 9 mph wind we had this afternoon kept things interesting.

bunsen27, thanks for putting this on. We'll be back for sure.

Thanks for coming out, and I'm glad you both enjoyed yourselves. Shooting 22LR at 100-200yds will teach a TON about making wind calls. I hope you guys can make it out to future matches. You should really enjoy it next year when we step Stage 2 out to it's proper 100m and add Stage 3 at 150m.

We were blessed once again with absolutely gorgeous weather. It was a touch warm, but the humidity was manageable and a semi constant 6-10 mph breeze kept it comfortable, except when shooting Stage 2. ;) We had 42 shooters step up to the line and for some the wind wasn't too much of a challenge.

D. Joyner led TO with a solid 40 plus knocking over the tie break target (41). A. Winegarden, B. Thibodeau, and J. Lassiter were all able to shoot a clean match, but unable to connect with the tie breaker. This was B. Thibodeau's personal best. He has made steady progress this year. This was J. Lassiter's first time visiting the PRM. He brought the Family with him and they all had a very respectable showing in Target (A. Lassiter 38, S. Lassiter 37). R. Reter only dropped one target to finish with a 39.

In Sporter T. Wilson made his return after a little break and showed that he still had plenty of gas left in the tank by posting a personal best 38. In second was first time PRM shooter D. Thomas posting a very solid 37. Third was taken by P. Irwin with another solid 34.

A. Winegarden rebounded from last month and posted another Division high 39. She was closely followed by D. Joyner posting a 38. K. Stevens once again posted a solid 35 as did L. Scala. While E. Sherrer and T. McCloskey both posted 32. K. Stevens was able to egde out L. Scala with the higher Stage 2 score as was E. Sherrer over T. McCloskey. C. Hardee made a solid PRM debut posting a 29 and besting his sibling R. Hardee who posted a very respectable 25.

LRP has REALLY turned into close race between K. Stevens, L. Scala, T. McCloskey, H, Meyer, E. Sherrer, and A. Winegarden. Nothing has been completely settled yet, but this month's match certainly has set the stage for the series finale next month!
I've run the preliminary stats for all divisions and it's scary close. I want to triple check the data before publishing it so hang tight.

Screw doing the BBC embedded code, It's MUCH easier just attaching a PDF:

View attachment DPRC Precision Rimfire Match_Sept Scores_2014.pdf

Awesome match as always Ken and Tom! Next time I need to make sure I knock that 40th one off the rack rather than spinning it. ☺

Sent from my S3

Hey Bunsen, I just picked up a 22 off GB today, so I'm hoping to get up there for a few of your matches. Trying to get the wife involved so she can shoot with me a little. See you soon.

Hey Bunsen, I just picked up a 22 off GB today, so I'm hoping to get up there for a few of your matches. Trying to get the wife involved so she can shoot with me a little. See you soon.

We look forward to seeing you at the match. Our next and last for the year is Sunday Oct 19th. We will start back up in 2015 on March 29th. We are a very wife and kid friendly match. If you have any questions PM me or email: [email protected]

Hey T., quick question, what is a good power of scope for these matches, and does a reticle with holdovers or dots come in handy? Thanks.

Hey T., quick question, what is a good power of scope for these matches, and does a reticle with holdovers or dots come in handy? Thanks.

I tend to prefer higher magnification scopes personally so something in the 20x-24x is my preference. Currently we only can shoot to 90yds so anything in a 12x-16x would be plenty. Next year we will be able to push targets out to 100m and 150m so something 16x-20x should suffice. Several of my scopes do have windage marks and I do find them useful for hold offs on windy days. I always dial my elevation in though because the windage marks are on the horizontal cross hair. I don't run an X-mas tree reticule for rimfire like I do for centerfire. There are several ways to skin the proverbial cat here, so experiment and go with what works best for you.

I recall you are a Mil not a MOA guy so my usual recommendation is a no go. However, the Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 MRAD SFP model should satisfy just about every need for the rimfire game.

Vortex Optics - Viper PST 6-24x50 EBR-1<br />(MRAD)