• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision rimfire match targets?

cuz

Private
Minuteman
Jul 6, 2017
I’ve watched a few precision rimfire matches online, and I’d like to get some of the little steel targets to practice with.
Can anyone tell me what they use for a setup at matches? Looking for the size/brand of target and also what holders.

Thanks.

I’ve watched a few precision rimfire matches online, and I’d like to get some of the little steel targets to practice with.
Can anyone tell me what they use for a setup at matches? Looking for the size/brand of target and also what holders.

Thanks.
The NRL22 Standard Target Package is: 1/4”, ½”, ¾”, 1” KYL Targets, 2×1″, 3x 1 ½”, 3x 2”, 3x 2 ½” 3x 3”, 4”, 5” and 6” circles all constructed of ¼” AR 500 steel, along with 12 target hangers all constructed of 3/16” AR 500 steel.

On the NRL22.org site you can buy the entire target package from them for under $400. If you just wanted a few of the targets for practice https://jcsteeltargets.com/ is who make them.

Reactions: Lightning8 and cuz
For getting started I'd recommend getting one of the kits that has various sized targets. You can get these in the "NRL" kits or just buy your own targets in any shape with a range of sizes. I also highly recommend a KYL rack. Not only are they good for training and challenging, but these spinner type of targets are a blast to shoot! For the individual targets, there is a hole in each target that hangs off of a hardened steel hanger that pushes into the ground. I use both of the guys below, and they both offer a discount if you happen to be a PRS member.

Reactions: cuz
Thanks guys, this is exactly what I was looking for.

I bought a few hangers and 1” to 3” plates from JC Steel. Made the base out of some scrap 2x4’s. A buddy has a similar set. Between the two of us we can set up quite a few drills with just those few targets. I also have a couple larger plates that I use between 200 and 300 yds. My club lets members use the tank trap, NRL22 pyramid, barricade, roof top, etc. for practice.

Reactions: cuz

These targets are great! They won’t spin off or get hung up.
I second this. I used these at a 2 day match we threw and never had a single target failure. They are also highly adaptive and modular. Worth the price

I second this. I used these at a 2 day match we threw and never had a single target failure. They are also highly adaptive and modular. Worth the price
The MD and designer stood in front of 100+ shooters at a two day match and said, in the shooters meeting, there wouldn’t be any target failures. He was right. They nailed the design.