• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Scoped Rifle II Class n N.C. Sept. 4/5

Hogstooth

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 12, 2004
Texas
www.vttactical.com
VAPOR TRAIL TACTICAL
www.vaportrailtactical.net

Instructor
Sean Little
540 834-3864
[email protected]

PRECISION SCOPED RIFLE II CLASS
TRAINING SYLLABUS

WHERE: Approx. 1 hr from Raliegh, in Kinston, North Carolina

WHEN: Two day class- This class has been rescheduled for Sept 4/5th, 2010

START TIME: 0700hrs. (That’s 7a.m.) In the 1st floor conference room of the Holiday Inn Express, 1156 Hill Farm Rd, Kinston, NC, 28504. We will convoy to the range approx. 20min. away. Lodging is also available at the Holiday Inn Express, call 877 786-9480, for other lodging in the area contact me thru email.

COSTS: $300 per student. A $50 non- refundable deposit is due by Aug 21, 2010, final amount paid at the time of class begins Saturday Sept 4th, 2010.

DISCOUNTS: A 10% discount for Law Enforcement and Active Duty military

REGISTRATION & DEPOSIT: Registration form and address for class deposit will be thru the contact section on the Vapor Trail web site only! www.vaportrailtactical.net

CLASS SIZE: A minimum of six students required, and a maximum of 12 are allowed.

CANCELLATION: This class may be cancelled due to extreme weather conditions, or due to unforeseen circumstances, class will be rescheduled or students who cannot reschedule can get a refund or credit for the next class they can attend.
30aetd4.jpg

INTRODUCTION: The Precision Scoped Rifle II will teach the student to be effective and engage individual and multiple targets from various supported and unsupported positions at known and unknown distances. Students will also practice Range estimation, mil holds, and rapid target engagements, giving the shooter the capability to shoot various targets under various conditions and positions.

CLASSES TO BE TAUGHT:
Safety brief
Unsupported Positions
Use of sling
Range Estimation
Rapid bolt manipulation
Mil Use and Hold Over/ Under
Multiple target engagements
Engaging Hidden Targets
Shooting on an angle
Close contact shooting

STUDENT REQUIREMENTS

Rifle and Equipment

Bolt Action or Semi Automatic Rifle with Scope. No rifles above 30cal magnum allowed due to range restrictions

Rifle must be capable of shooting 1” groups or better at 100 yards.

Scope must be capable of “dialing” elevation and windage settings, also known as target knobs.

160rds minimum- Factory “match” ammunition recommended for shooting past 600 yards. If you are shooting .308, 175gr bullets are recommended for this course.

Re-Loaded ammunition allowed, if loaded with match components

Don’t forget your magazines- for semi auto or magazine fed bolt guns.

Laser Range Finders, mil dot master or other range estimation tools if you have them.

Rifle rest, bipod, tripod, shooting bags

Bench rest tables not allowed!

Spotting Scope- If you have one please bring it.

Data Book- We recommend Impact Data Books, www.impactdatabooks.com

Sling- We recommend Tactical Intervention Quick cuff or Slip Cuff Slings, or the TAB rifle sling.

Lunch- You will get a 45 min. lunch break, bring your lunch if you can, areas to eat are not close by.

Hearing protection- foam earplugs will be available.

Rifle Cleaning equipment- Rods, bore guides, solvents, patches, brushes, bore snakes, scope tools, wrenches, ect.

Bring clothes that match the weather, we will shoot in the cold or rain, rescheduling the course will take place if we have severe weather, i.e. extreme cold or rain, lightning, tornadoes, hurricanes, or a combination of all.

Note pad, pen or pencil for taking notes
If there is any other gear that you want to bring such as shooting mats, tools or other equipment feel free.
16gapvb.jpg

CLASS TIMELINE

Sat. 0700-1000 Check- In, Introduction, Classroom instruction – Review of the Basics

1000-1100 Lunch and movement to the range

1100-1130 Range set up

1130- 1500 Zero rifles, Engage paper targets at 100, 300, 600 yards, 15 rounds of ammo at each yard line

1500- 1700 Use of sling class/ demo, students will engage 3” shoot n see at 100yds using sling prone, sitting, kneeling, offhand. 15rds per position

Time Permits- If we are ahead of schedule then we will shoot unsupported positions using the sling on steel from the sitting and kneeling positions.

Sunday 0730-0830 Range estimation exercise.

0830-1000 Cold Bore shot, confirm zero’s.

1000- 1200 Shoot steel known distance targets to 600yds, dialing elevation and windage settings

1200-1245 Lunch

1245-1600 Shoot steel known distance to 600yds, using hold over/ under, rapid target engagements on paper and steel.

1600-1700 Team Competition, combination of paper and steel targets

1700-1730 Critique and certificate awards

Any questions about the course, requirements, or gear please contact me thru email or call. Sean Little- [email protected] or 540 834-3864

Re: Precision Scoped Rifle II Class n N.C. Sept. 4/5

Wish I could make this one but trying to get Old Lodge Armory up and going with Lima. Sean is top notch, and teaches a great class.

Re: Precision Scoped Rifle II Class n N.C. Sept. 4

Sean,

I have 3-4 guys who were ready for this class in July until it got postponed. We still want in but can't make it down on the Holiday weekend. Any way to bump this class either forward or backwards just one weekend?

CM

Cntr Mass, I also have a Team Concepts class Sept 25/26 thay maybe you guys can come to, I sent you a PM with details, let me know if that will work.

I've got two to three guys I'd be interested in sending. However, working them on the weekend might be an issue, you guys have anymore training scheduled for N.C. in September?

EDIT: Actually are you able to make a trip down to the Ft. Bragg area for specific training in September?

I'm interested but I need to hold off a bit and see what my schedule is looking like around then.

Tag/bump

I have a couple of other classes scheduled just go to the web site www.vaportrailtactical.net

Sept 4/5 PSR II
Sept 25/26 Team Concepts
Oct 23/24 PSR I
Nov 6/7 Team Concepts

Dec/Jan I won't be holding any classes due to the holidays, classes will resume in Jan.