• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Training Courses Precision Scoped Rifle II, Saxton Pa. Feb 16/17

Hogstooth

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 12, 2004
Texas
www.vttactical.com
21ljpub.jpg

www.vaportrailtactical.net

Instructor
Sean Little
540 834-3864
[email protected]

PRECISION SCOPED RIFLE II CLASS
TRAINING SYLABUS

INTRODUCTION: The Precision Scoped Rifle II will teach the student to be effective and engage individual and multiple targets from various supported and unsupported positions at known and (UKD)unknown distances out to 960yds. Course is designed to stress UKD and use of MIL HOLDS from various positions, students will be paired as shooter/observer utilized to engage steel. Students will also practice Range estimation, mil holds, and rapid target engagements, shooter/observer dialog, and height over bore holds for close engagements giving the shooter the capability to shoot various targets under various conditions and positions.

WHERE: Approx. 1 hr from Breezewood, in Saxton, Pa.

WHEN: February 16/17, 2013

START TIME: 0700hrs. (That’s 7a.m.) at the Shoemaker farm property located at Shoemaker Ln., Saxton, Pa. Email me for directions or use yahoo maps. Also right accross the street to the little valley cemetary which is also on most GPS maps.

COSTS: $300 per student. A $50 non- refundable deposit is due after registration, mailing address thru the web site.

DISCOUNTS: A 10% discount for Law Enforcement and Active Duty military

REGISTRATION: Registration will be thru the Vapor Trail web site contact us section, fill out a registration form and include what class and date you want to attend.

CLASS SIZE: A minimum of six students required.

CANCELLATION: This class may be cancelled due to extreme weather conditions, or due to unforeseen circumstances, class will be rescheduled or students who cannot reschedule can get a refund or credit for the next class they can attend.
2vtcsbm.jpg

2lkduec.jpg

CLASSES TO BE TAUGHT:
Safety brief
Range Estimation
Supported sitting, kneeling, and standing
Shooter/Observer skills and dialog
Rapid bolt manipulation
Mil Use and Hold Over/ Under
Multiple target engagements
Engaging Concealed Targets
Shooting on an angle
Close contact shooting
Engaging Bobbing targets

STUDENT REQUIREMENTS

Rifle and Equipment

Bolt Action or Semi Automatic Rifle with Scope. No rifles above 30cal magnum allowed due to range restrictions

Rifle must be capable of shooting 1” groups or better at 100 yards.

Scope must be capable of “dialing” elevation and windage settings, also known as target knobs.

250rds minimum- Factory “match” ammunition recommended for shooting past 600 yards. If you are shooting .308, 175gr bullets are recommended for this course.

Re-Loaded ammunition allowed, if loaded with match components

Don’t forget your magazines- for semi auto or magazine fed bolt guns.

Laser Range Finders, mil dot master or other range estimation tools if you have them.

Rifle rest, bipod, tripod, shooting bags

Spotting Scope- If you have one please bring it.

Data Book- We recommend Impact Data Books, www.impactdatabooks.com

Sling- We recommend Tactical Intervention Quick cuff or Slip Cuff Slings, or the TAB rifle sling.

Chow/Lodging - We provide breakfast,lunch meals, water, soda, juice, and snacks at a rate of $24 per day, lodging is also provided on training site at $60 per night. Any questions just shoot me an email.

Hearing protection- foam earplugs will be available.

Rifle Cleaning equipment- Rods, bore guides, solvents, patches, brushes, bore snakes, scope tools, wrenches, ect.

Bring clothes that match the weather, we will shoot in the cold or rain, rescheduling the course will take place if we have severe weather, i.e. extreme cold or rain, lightning, tornadoes, hurricanes, or a combination of all.

Note pad, pen or pencil for taking notes
If there is any other gear that you want to bring such as shooting mats, tools or other equipment feel free.

2d19qh4.jpg

CLASS TIMELINE

Sat.
0700-0900 Introduction, Classroom instruction – Review of the Basics

0900-1100 Cold Bore shot, confirm zeros, supported positions at 100yds on paper.

1100-1145 Lunch

1145-1230 Range Estimation exercise

1230-1530 Teams engage steel from 300 to 800yds

1530-1800 Shooting hold over/unders using various zeros out to 800yds

Sunday
0730-0815 Range estimation exercise.

0815-0900 Cold Bore shot, confirm zero’s.

0900- 1200 Shoot steel known distance targets to 600yds

1200-1245 Lunch

1245-1500 Shoot various stages of fire around the property to include KD, UKD, multiple, concealed targets to include movement and shooting.

1500-1630 Team/ Individual Competition

1630-1700 Clean up and dismisal

Any questions about the course, requirements, or gear please contact me thru email or call. Sean Little- [email protected] or 540 834-3864

Re: Precision Scoped Rifle II, Saxton Pa. Feb 16/17

Sean-
Looking at my calendar, I can't make this one, but I'm interested in: March 2- 1 Day Range Estimation/UKD/ Hold overs course Saxton, Pa.

You taking reservations for that one yet? I might be able to drag Matt up there with me and perhaps one or two other guys...

Hey James
Any of the courses that I have listed on my web site are available for sign up, just use the online registration form in the Contact Us section of the web site. Just make sure you list the course and dates that you want to attend. Hope to see both you and Matt up there in March.

Going to try to make Freddy's carbine match at the end of the month, maybe see you guys there?

Thanks

Little-
signed up for the UKD range day. thanks

I'm going to be at the Mayberry Carbine match at end of January (27 Jan I think). I thought Freddy was running a precision match at New Holland the day before. I will not be at that one, given the Mayberry match the next day.

Charlie Mike,
-Bailey

Hey Sean,
That's a hell-of a-guy shooting out of the back of the truck in sub freezing temps. I think I recognize him.
Dave