• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Shooting schools near KY?

300zero

Private
Banned !
Minuteman
Jan 4, 2010
Nicholasville, Kentucky
I just aquired a Surgeon rifle as a Christmas present from a good friend, and although I considered myself a good shot I want to learn more. Does anyone know or have been to any good precision rifle shooting schools near KY?

Re: Precision Shooting schools near KY?

There is one in Virginia, Central Virginia Tactical, and one in WV, Storm Mountain. There is also another in Tennessee, Tactical Response.

I have no time with any of them.

I'll be going to Rifles Only in Texas sometime this year (theoretically the April class).

I am going to TDI in West Union OH for handgun 1-3 in may. They have a precision riffle class. Seams like it might be a intro course.

LINK

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300zero</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just aquired a Surgeon rifle as a Christmas present from a good friend, and although I considered myself a good shot I want to learn more. Does anyone know or have been to any good precision rifle shooting schools near KY?</div></div>

If you ever get tired of having that worthless friend that gave you a Surgeon rifle please let me know and I will be a nice guy and take them in as a friend (Just to do you a favor)..hahahaha...Just kidding....That's a sweet friend...Treat them nicely, I would say they deserve a steak dinner after that one.........SmokeRolls

The best precision shooting school in Kentucy is your local squirrel woods. If you get where you can hit a grey in the top of a hickory tree at 75 yards everything else is easy! Oh you'll need a good .22..........

If you are a police officer, Lexington Metro Police Department's ERU team puts on an excellent 2 week sniper school once a year! I don't know of any precision rifle classes for non law enforcement in Kentucky. My partner has a business called Iron Sight Defense that I help him with. Currently we teach CCDW classes and NRA sponsored pistol and patrol rifle type classes. We have a precision rifle class in the works but I'm not sure when we'll have it up and running.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KSP446</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you are a police officer, Lexington Metro Police Department's ERU team puts on an excellent 2 week sniper school once a year! I don't know of any precision rifle classes for non law enforcement in Kentucky. My partner has a business called Iron Sight Defense that I help him with. Currently we teach CCDW classes and NRA sponsored pistol and patrol rifle type classes. We have a precision rifle class in the works but I'm not sure when we'll have it up and running.</div></div>
KSP446 : Thanks for that. I may look into that...SmokeRolls

Not an officer, although I do know a few of lexingtons eru members as well as a Nicholasville officer that uses a Landtec rifle. I have been shooting out to 600yds, but want to improve as well as be able to utilize my equipment better. Thanks to all for the info.

Thanks for the info. I have heard of a couple of those places. Just never had any true feedback from individuals that have been to these schools.

Have you been to the Rifles Only school before or is this your first time?

Smokerolls - He is a hell of a friend! Would do anything to help a buddy out. Don't know of to many people like that anymore. Most just think of whats best for me. Not him. So... You can't have!! HaHa