• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Precision Suppressor

Slate264

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jun 19, 2019
    Looking for recommendations regarding a high quality precision suppressor besides tbac. will be used mainly for prs. Thank you

There is a guy on here that will tell you that banish suppressors will have you shooting -1 moa and that the only thing TBAC suppresses is the truth: that banish suppressors are the best.

On a serious note...out of curiosity why are you excluding TBAC from a list of precision rifle suppressors? For primary prs use there is also the 419 maverick to consider.

Thank you for your responses. I didn’t exclude tbac, they excluded me...long story. Anyone have any experience with Q suppressors such as thunder chicken?

I am a TBAC man but also have several others. My next favorite is the Omega. It will serve you well.

Thank you for your responses. I didn’t exclude tbac, they excluded me...long story. Anyone have any experience with Q suppressors such as thunder chicken?

Uhhhhh.... what?

Are you somehow banished from going to esilencers, silencershop, shooting surplus, mile high or whatever other dealer has an ultra series sitting on the shelf right now and purchasing it?

TBAC is the best precision rifle suppressors on the market. PERIOD. There’s no reason to not buy the best.

Air that shit out man. Let’s hear it. There’s two sides of every story and @Zak Smith is on here regularly. Maybe y’all can make amends? I’ll echo that TBAC makes awesome cans as I own two and have the itch for a third. But sico makes a good can too.

Air that shit out man. Let’s hear it. There’s two sides of every story and @Zak Smith is on here regularly. Maybe y’all can make amends? I’ll echo that TBAC makes awesome cans as I own two and have the itch for a third. But sico makes a good can too.
    Iam not here to air anything out, just looking for some recommendations.

Iam not here to air anything out, just looking for some recommendations.

Well, I think you got 'em. TBAC and Elite Iron, take your pick. Elite wasn't mentioned but they should always come before Surefire, Griffin, Sico, etc., when "precision" is the operative word. There are only two suppressor mfg.'s I know the owners on first name basis, stellar CS, etc. Shit, TBAC sold me a 30CB9 like a month before the new ones came out --I didn't call to bitch but said it would have been nice had they mentioned it. Sold me a new Ultra 9 in 6.5 (before anyone else had one in 6.5) for cost, no I won't tell you what that was. But I did go ahead and buy another Ultra 5 along with it at whatever vet discount prices were.

Dale at Elite Iron is much the same way when it comes to quality and CS. He's fitting a Sierra SD to an MRAD. It's not so simply as buying a can off the shelf with him --the mounts are specific to the can and index TDC. If it's direct thread then it's fitted to the barrel. He's also just a cool ass dude that does amazing custom work. And for the price, he cannot be beat. You can sorta think of Elite as the SS version of TBAC though that oversimplifies things. They're both precision oriented with thread over brakes.

IMO the only thing TBAC has over Elite is weight but Ti costs more so Elite can offer the same performance for less albeit in a heavier package.

I bet Dale would be on here but he doesn't strike me as the computer type, I think all his time is spent in the shop. But I'll be goddamned if he doesn't call you at 6am sharp the next am to hammer shit out if you tell him "call any time"! And Zak@TBAC? He's on here all the time. No better support.

Neither one of these operations will bash the other but will provide honest analysis on anything you ask. You're shooting yourself in the foot by not engaging with TBAC IMO. If you had a bad situation with 'em, you need to tell Zak. PM him if you don't want it aired out on here. Call him a turd. Just give him a chance to make it right and I think you'll be pleased.

Elite cans are bomb proof and if you fuck one of those up, it's probably your fault. TBAC cans do have limits but you'd have to push 'em. If you get Ti anything, IMO you only have one option, again, TBAC --it's all in the welds. Dale at Elite is a metallurgist.

I don't even know who the fuck owns Sico and the guy that owned AAC was a tool but somebody gave him job, just not making suppressor mounts. I love Sico, but they ain't my first choice for precision. AAC is (was) my goto for M4 beater cans when I could get SD's and SDN6's for less than $500. Sico Saker took that spot though and is a better choice.

Surefire can make a good can but goddamn, their CS... And good luck getting a mount for X can in ten years. The second they complete a contract shit goes to "legacy" and once it's sold out, fuck you. You're on you're own. It's why I'm "lucky" just to be able to mount an SS can to a Mk20 which should've had the SV can... Mk20 is being sold gangbusters and people want the military specific can for it. But Surefire? Uh-uh, can't see the dollar for the penny in the way I guess. KAC QDC should have been mentioned on here before Surefire and Sico too. It's an expensive can but it's one of the absolute best all around with respect to all categories --seriously, the best all around can I've ever used. Why I can only bring myself to use it on the SR25 is another question I guess (which probably has more to do with my "dedicated suppressor" fixation --which unfortunately extends to PEQ's and shit as well). But it's fairly light, well made, engineering is top tits on it, indexes TDC to flash hiders or brakes, easy on/off, gross motor skills, one handed. Designed for SR25, which is a subMOA rifle from the factory with or without the can.

You got a lot of options but only a few really good ones IMO. I'm sure I've leaving someone out and there are some I've haven't done business with yet, but the ones I mentioned are all ones I've done repeat business with. Also, should be worth mentioning, if you have a BMG or the like, Elite is really you're ONLY goto, or should be, unless you have a Barrett in which case you should get the specific can. The man can stretch the limitations of suppressor engineering much like TBAC does with Ti.

What’s the best optic I can get, but I won’t consider ZCO

What’s a rugged factory rifle with a nice smooth action and proven design, please don’t mention AI or Sako tho

OP, just throw a Brake on the end of that savage and call it a day!

Reactions: deersniper
    Well, I think you got 'em. TBAC and Elite Iron, take your pick. Elite wasn't mentioned but they should always come before Surefire, Griffin, Sico, etc., when "precision" is the operative word. There are only two suppressor mfg.'s I know the owners on first name basis, stellar CS, etc. Shit, TBAC sold me a 30CB9 like a month before the new ones came out --I didn't call to bitch but said it would have been nice had they mentioned it. Sold me a new Ultra 9 in 6.5 (before anyone else had one in 6.5) for cost, no I won't tell you what that was. But I did go ahead and buy another Ultra 5 along with it at whatever vet discount prices were.

Dale at Elite Iron is much the same way when it comes to quality and CS. He's fitting a Sierra SD to an MRAD. It's not so simply as buying a can off the shelf with him --the mounts are specific to the can and index TDC. If it's direct thread then it's fitted to the barrel. He's also just a cool ass dude that does amazing custom work. And for the price, he cannot be beat. You can sorta think of Elite as the SS version of TBAC though that oversimplifies things. They're both precision oriented with thread over brakes.

IMO the only thing TBAC has over Elite is weight but Ti costs more so Elite can offer the same performance for less albeit in a heavier package.

I bet Dale would be on here but he doesn't strike me as the computer type, I think all his time is spent in the shop. But I'll be goddamned if he doesn't call you at 6am sharp the next am to hammer shit out if you tell him "call any time"! And Zak@TBAC? He's on here all the time. No better support.

Neither one of these operations will bash the other but will provide honest analysis on anything you ask. You're shooting yourself in the foot by not engaging with TBAC IMO. If you had a bad situation with 'em, you need to tell Zak. PM him if you don't want it aired out on here. Call him a turd. Just give him a chance to make it right and I think you'll be pleased.

Elite cans are bomb proof and if you fuck one of those up, it's probably your fault. TBAC cans do have limits but you'd have to push 'em. If you get Ti anything, IMO you only have one option, again, TBAC --it's all in the welds. Dale at Elite is a metallurgist.

I don't even know who the fuck owns Sico and the guy that owned AAC was a tool but somebody gave him job, just not making suppressor mounts. I love Sico, but they ain't my first choice for precision. AAC is (was) my goto for M4 beater cans when I could get SD's and SDN6's for less than $500. Sico Saker took that spot though and is a better choice.

Surefire can make a good can but goddamn, their CS... And good luck getting a mount for X can in ten years. The second they complete a contract shit goes to "legacy" and once it's sold out, fuck you. You're on you're own. It's why I'm "lucky" just to be able to mount an SS can to a Mk20 which should've had the SV can... Mk20 is being sold gangbusters and people want the military specific can for it. But Surefire? Uh-uh, can't see the dollar for the penny in the way I guess. KAC QDC should have been mentioned on here before Surefire and Sico too. It's an expensive can but it's one of the absolute best all around with respect to all categories --seriously, the best all around can I've ever used. Why I can only bring myself to use it on the SR25 is another question I guess (which probably has more to do with my "dedicated suppressor" fixation --which unfortunately extends to PEQ's and shit as well). But it's fairly light, well made, engineering is top tits on it, indexes TDC to flash hiders or brakes, easy on/off, gross motor skills, one handed. Designed for SR25, which is a subMOA rifle from the factory with or without the can.

You got a lot of options but only a few really good ones IMO. I'm sure I've leaving someone out and there are some I've haven't done business with yet, but the ones I mentioned are all ones I've done repeat business with. Also, should be worth mentioning, if you have a BMG or the like, Elite is really you're ONLY goto, or should be, unless you have a Barrett in which case you should get the specific can. The man can stretch the limitations of suppressor engineering much like TBAC does with Ti.
    Thanks for detailed recommendation, I’ll take a look at elite

Still not shipping? They are way behind where they had hoped to be I just assumed they had been released for shipment by now. Glad I ordered the Vox and didn't wait for the Lux to ship.

I've got both the Vox S and K, on the waitlist for the Lux. I like EA cans.

Reactions: HansohnBrothers
    I technically own a Vox S but it is still in jail.

D1E3987E-0132-44F3-AB77-839BEB12698B.jpeg

Reactions: AllenOne1
    Couple years ago Cal at Precision Rifle Blog did a survey of suppressors used. TBAC and SiCo Omega are far and away the two most popular. When I was buying my suppressor for precision use the wait time just to get a serial number for the TBAC was a couple of months while the Omega was in stock at my dealer. I went with the SiCo Omega.

I removed the anchor brake and replaced it with a flat end cap and it's only 6" long and weighs about 14.5 oz if I keep it reasonably clean. I direct thread mine and while there's a small POI shift compared to no suppressor, it's incredibly repeatable every time I remove and then reinstall the suppressor. Accuracy is superb with both my 6mm Creedmoor and 6.5 Creedmoor. I regularly shoot local and regional matches out to 1200yds usually with the 6.5 and always suppressed. Can't say enough good things about the Omega.

Reactions: NWnewguy
    If not TBAC then check out rugged. Great repeatable mounting system and consistent POI shift.

Me personally I'll be going with a OSS HX-QD 7.62 to use on my bolt and gas gun... I don't want back blast with the gas gun which is why I'm choosing the OSS.

What do you mean cool aide? I'm aware of other brands I'm going to use this for that reason alone... I don't care to own two suppressors.

What do you mean cool aide? I'm aware of other brands I'm going to use this for that reason alone... I don't care to own two suppressors.

Have you tested the back pressure with an oss can vs others?

I have a Harvester and an Omega, I also have a TBAC DSU. I would love to have an Ultra 7 in 6.5, I will say that if you ever have a problem or a question that you can send Ray or Zac a PM and they will get back to FAST. I had a little trouble with my DSU and sent Ray a pm at 10:30pm on a Sunday he replied at 10:38pm, that is CS period end of story. I don’t know what the problem you have with TBAC but they are one of the best.

I went with a Nomad-L, would have certainly bought a TBAC but unfortunately they were hen's teeth when I made my purchase.

Area 419 Maverick is what I saw almost exclusively at the GAP grind. I have a rugged and the poi shift is horrible. I love the quality, but it hurt my accuracy.

Not to hijack but what is it in the design that makes the TBAC work so well? Did they come up with a proprietary baffle design? I know they are held in very high light vs all others.

If not TBAC, I'd say OSS and SureFire are probably the next two 'precision' choices. The Griffin RECCE cans also have practically no shift as well.

I wish Rugged was listed since they are local. The owner lives up the road from me from what I understand.

I wish Rugged was listed since they are local. The owner lives up the road from me from what I understand.

There's nothing wrong with Rugged cans at all. In fact, their rimfire can is my favorite.

Love my griffin paladin. So quiet and repeatable.

I agree the Paladin sounds great. I think it sounds like my Recce 7 but it's a little lighter and can be taken apart for cleaning and you can put any size end cap on it you want.

There's nothing wrong with Rugged cans at all. In fact, their rimfire can is my favorite.
    I agree I have a Oculus and a Obsidian
    If I’m going to drop cash on a “precision “ can I really want more of a sure thing.
    If it were a normal purchase I’d grab one and see how it shoots. But with the wait etc it sucks there is no try before you buy.