• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision supressors

Caseycole

Private
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2023
Houston texas
Looking to add another supressor to the stable. So far I have a gemtech tracker and a griffin armament sd30. Wanting to get a good supressor for precision shooting that won’t move point of impact too much and is known more for a precision rifle supressor. I was looking at the thunderbeast ultra 7 or the dead air nomad. I can’t get the ultra 7 (and can’t even see the price on SilencerShop right now because they are out of stock). Is the ultra 7 the best known for precision shooting? Or is there other ones I should look at, thanks for your opinions or help.

I’m a big fan of TBAC cans. Look at the other models they provide. You can always find a shop who has it in stock, order it and have them ship it to your FFL SilencerShop dealer and you can still do everything through SilencerShop still once the FFL “logs” it into their system. May cost you a transfer fee but it’s a way to get one still

I’m a big fan of TBAC cans. Look at the other models they provide. You can always find a shop who has it in stock, order it and have them ship it to your FFL SilencerShop dealer and you can still do everything through SilencerShop still once the FFL “logs” it into their system. May cost you a transfer fee but it’s a way to get one still
Thanks for the reply. Which other models do you suggest by them? I’ve seen the dominis but it’s like 1600$ which is out of my price range. I’d like to stay around 1,000$.

Also, what makes thunderbeast the go to can for PRs shooters? That’s what everyone suggests but I can’t find any info on why. Thanks.

Looking to add another supressor to the stable. So far I have a gemtech tracker and a griffin armament sd30. Wanting to get a good supressor for precision shooting that won’t move point of impact too much and is known more for a precision rifle supressor. I was looking at the thunderbeast ultra 7 or the dead air nomad. I can’t get the ultra 7 (and can’t even see the price on SilencerShop right now because they are out of stock). Is the ultra 7 the best known for precision shooting? Or is there other ones I should look at, thanks for your opinions or help.
Nomad L or CGS Hyperion if you want the quietest precision suppressor.
For PRS though you're better off with an APA fat bastard

Thanks for the reply. Which other models do you suggest by them? I’ve seen the dominis but it’s like 1600$ which is out of my price range. I’d like to stay around 1,000$.

Also, what makes thunderbeast the go to can for PRs shooters? That’s what everyone suggests but I can’t find any info on why. Thanks.
Almost no poi shift on most hosts. Quiet. New line of recoil reduction suppressor is the best of both worlds. No serious PRS shooter is shooting suppressed.

Nomad L or CGS Hyperion if you want the quietest precision suppressor.
For PRS though you're better off with an APA fat bastard
The nomad is something I’ve really considered as well. A buddy of mine has it and I like it alot but didn’t know if going for the thunderbeast would be worth the extra money and everything.

The nomad is something I’ve really considered as well. A buddy of mine has it and I like it alot but didn’t know if going for the thunderbeast would be worth the extra money and everything.
Tbac is not better, the Hyperion is though. Don't waste your money on a k can

I think the Area419 is about $1400
The new TBAC Magnus RR K is about $1400 (The one I have on order)
The KGM were blown out at like $400 each a year ago before KGM went Mil/LEO/OEM only, but I heard they are coming back. You can get a KGM R6 or R30 for like $5-650 on Gunbroker. They are probally the best bang for your buck out there, and they have gas ports that can be plugged to change recoil impulse. The Daniel Defense cans are also made by KGM as well.

You could also do a cheaper can like a YHM R9 (I have one of these as well). Can run anything from 22 to 9mm to 223 and 308 and 350 legend. Great all around can with hub thats sub $500.

There is also the otter creek polonium K (limit to 6mm) for around $530 that is a really well reviewed can.

For a Bolt gun I wouldn't worry about flow through cans too much (OSS/Hux and some other designs). Direct thread /HUB interface is the way to go to future proof the cans IMO.

KGM is working to fulfill military orders right now. You can get basically the same can from Daniel Defense here:
I use the Area 419 mounts and it's very consistent

Another option is the Gunwerks 8eight. I use it on my 7mm rem mag and my 300 norma magnum rifles. It's big, heavy, and reliable.

I think the Area419 is about $1400
The new TBAC Magnus RR K is about $1400 (The one I have on order)
The KGM were blown out at like $400 each a year ago before KGM went Mil/LEO/OEM only, but I heard they are coming back. You can get a KGM R6 or R30 for like $5-650 on Gunbroker. They are probally the best bang for your buck out there, and they have gas ports that can be plugged to change recoil impulse. The Daniel Defense cans are also made by KGM as well.

You could also do a cheaper can like a YHM R9 (I have one of these as well). Can run anything from 22 to 9mm to 223 and 308 and 350 legend. Great all around can with hub thats sub $500.

There is also the otter creek polonium K (limit to 6mm) for around $530 that is a really well reviewed can.

For a Bolt gun I wouldn't worry about flow through cans too much (OSS/Hux and some other designs). Direct thread /HUB interface is the way to go to future proof the cans IMO.
I’ve wanted the otter creek polonium for a while but then got into thinking about the thunderbeast supressors. I guess I may be better off looking at the polonium again.

I have a Polonium 30 but I haven't shot it yet. They have another series of 6.5 and .30 cans that are lighter than the Polonium.

TBAC Magnus-S or Otter Creek Hydrogen-S would be my recommendation.

As to what makes a precision suppressor a precision rifle can, @Zak Smith can answer it better than I can, but from what I’ve read on this before, it’s more or less the consistency of bore straightness in concentricity to the barrel threads creating a straighter path for the bullet to travel through the bore, which creates a more consistent flow and expansion of gases propelling the bullet after it leaves the muzzle. This straightness concentricity also minimizes POI shift with the suppressor on and off, and helps create a truly repeatable POI every time you remove and then reinstall the suppressor on the gun. One thing comp shooters and precision rifle enthusiasts like is consistency. And TBAC checks runout on every single can they make to ensure it falls inside of their standards for precision. Which is why TBAC has been the standard for precision rifle cans for so long.

Also, if you are shooting something 6mm, or smaller, the Polonium 5.56 is an excellent can. If you want something bigger (more volume = quieter), lighter, and just as precise the TBAC Magnus series, or Otter Creek Hydrogen series are all good to go, as well. 👍🏼

TBAC Magnus-S or Otter Creek Hydrogen-S would be my recommendation.

As to what makes a precision suppressor a precision rifle can, @Zak Smith can answer it better than I can, but from what I’ve read on this before, it’s more or less the consistency of bore straightness in concentricity to the barrel threads creating a straighter path for the bullet to travel through the bore, which creates a more consistent flow and expansion of gases propelling the bullet after it leaves the muzzle. This straightness concentricity also minimizes POI shift with the suppressor on and off, and helps create a truly repeatable POI every time you remove and then reinstall the suppressor on the gun. One thing comp shooters and precision rifle enthusiasts like is consistency. And TBAC checks runout on every single can they make to ensure it falls inside of their standards for precision. Which is why TBAC has been the standard for precision rifle cans for so long.

Also, if you are shooting something 6mm, or smaller, the Polonium 5.56 is an excellent can. If you want something bigger (more volume = quieter), lighter, and just as precise the TBAC Magnus series, or Otter Creek Hydrogen series are all good to go, as well. 👍🏼
I was debating on the polonium 30. But maybe I’ll check out the hydrogen series then. Thanks for the explanation and the tips. What do you think of the enticer sti or lti?

The only thing that would concern me about CGS for a precision rifle is that allegedly these 3D printed suppressors have a lot higher runout than other cans.

I know TBAC has made a comment about this in the past - is this still the case? @TBACRAY @Zak Smith
It’s 3d printed? 😳 lol. May just go with the enticer lti or the otter creek hydrogen then

It’s 3d printed? 😳 lol. May just go with the enticer lti or the otter creek hydrogen then

CGS cans are 3D printed.

The threading is done afterwards (lathe or CNC). 3D printed cans can allow for some pretty complex internal geometries, but I do wonder about the runout. Especially after reading some comments from the TBAC crew.

I have TB, SilencerCo, and Deadair. The Nomad L is by far the most impressive can that I have personally been around. I’m sure there are better out there but of the brands I own and have been around it’s tops.

I have TB, SilencerCo, and Deadair. The Nomad L is by far the most impressive can that I have personally been around. I’m sure there are better out there but of the brands I own and have been around it’s tops.
Wow that’s interesting. My buddy has a nomad L and I like it quite a bit. What do you like about it over the others?

Very consistent using the Plan B mounting and very quiet. In truth I’ve not had a bad experience with unpredictable zero shift or other issues mentioned with any of my cans.

Very consistent using the Plan B mounting and very quiet. In truth I’ve not had a bad experience with unpredictable zero shift or other issues mentioned with any of my cans.
I guess that’s why I’m trying to research. My gemtech tracker has been great and not a huge point of impact change but I was just in the market so wanted to know what to go with next.

Reactions: Hondo1
OCL polonium is a steel can designed more for use with a gas gun. I got a polonium k for a 14.5" AR. The Ti cans usually make more sense for bolt guns to me.

I've not seen anything definitive on suppressor x being a better "precision rifle" can than suppressor Y. If there is real data out there I'd love to see it.

Reactions: Caseycole
If you want maximum sound suppression, you’ll need an 8.5-9” can. I have all 3 of the top quietest .30 caliber cans on the market. The full-size TBAC Magnus, the OCL Hydrogen-L, and the Dead Air Nomad-LT. All 3 are quite impressive.

If you want good sound suppression, but slightly shorter for hunting, then a 7” can gets the nod. That would be the TBAC Magnus-S, OCL Hydrogen-S, or Dead Air Nomad-Ti.

If you want more info let me know. I’ve put a lot of rounds down range through them.

Reactions: DIBBS
I've not seen anything definitive on suppressor x being a better "precision rifle" can than suppressor Y. If there is real data out there I'd love to see it.

For a precision rifle can, I would want a suppressor built to the highest standards of quality with minimal runout. A higher quality suppressor will have less chances of adversely effecting your precision.

For me, the two obvious choices in that regards would be TBAC and Abel. Both are impressively machined and built.

If you want maximum sound suppression, you’ll need an 8.5-9” can. I have all 3 of the top quietest .30 caliber cans on the market. The full-size TBAC Magnus, the OCL Hydrogen-L, and the Dead Air Nomad-LT. All 3 are quite impressive.

If you want good sound suppression, but slightly shorter for hunting, then a 7” can gets the nod. That would be the TBAC Magnus-S, OCL Hydrogen-S, or Dead Air Nomad-Ti.

If you want more info let me know. I’ve put a lot of rounds down range through them.
I think the magnus is a little out of my price range. I think the decision is going to come down to the hydrogen or the nomad. It’s a shame because I was reading about the magnus and loved that it’s a short can but offers sound suppression greater than the ultra 7.

I think the magnus is a little out of my price range. I think the decision is going to come down to the hydrogen or the nomad. It’s a shame because I was reading about the magnus and loved that it’s a short can but offers sound suppression greater than the ultra 7.
You won't be disappointed with the OCL cans. I can assure you of that. They are precision-built cans. They're great dudes making high-quality products that are affordable. Lifetime warranty, too. And if something happens through negligence (like baffle strike or end cap strike, etc...), and you're honest about what happened, they'll most-likely fix it for you. 👍🏼 Also, the owner is a member here, his handle is @AndrewKing . If you want to hear them in action, I have a bunch of videos of them on my YouTube channel. They're also in this thread I started a while back. Warning, I'm not a professional YouTuber, I'm just doing these videos for fun, so I'm not trying to be fancy. Some people on here like to bitch about how they're "boring". All I'm trying to do is a no-BS video about how they sound and compare to each other.

If you decided to go with the Magnus or Magnus-S, you also wouldn't be disappointed. I have had my Magnus for about a year, and have a new Magnus-S on order for the first production run. I'm excited about the Magnus-S. I think it will be an excellent hunting can (7" length), which is primarily what I'll be using it for.

Last edited:
If you don’t mind driving to Austin or they will mail it directly to you check out Capital Armory. Ever since SS went to the dealer model I quit using them.

Almost no poi shift on most hosts. Quiet. New line of recoil reduction suppressor is the best of both worlds. No serious PRS shooter is shooting suppressed.
I feel personally attacked! (But he's right--all the top guys/gals use a brake--only us cool civilized slackers shoot cans in comps)

Most supressors are pretty solid nowadays. My personal choice was a DeadAir Sandman that has served me well. My next will prob be a TBAC

Abel Co Theorem L is my go to now for bolt gun can. Have a CGS Hyperion it’s huge and the Theorem L is quieter at the ear and smaller. Check out the TBAC silencer summit testing. Machine quality on the Abel Co stuff is insane.

Reactions: TSean and kthomas
I use the Nomad 30 with the Area 419 adapter, very happy with the service and accuracy. If for some reason I don't use the suppressor, the HellFire Match brake goes on/off quickly. All zero's with Nomad on and any deviation noted. No notable zero shift when removing and re attaching Nomad and use it on 5 rifles. I use the Armageddon cover which does an excellent job of keeping mirage down. Oh-the E brake is on it, never shot without it though.

I have the Ultra 9 gen 1 and the Dominus and both have produced sub .250 groups on a regular bases. That's if I do my part. The company is great and easy to deal with and they will help you any way they can. Give the m a call and talk to them even if you get something else.

I have a TBAC Magnus S (6.9") RR can brake on order. I've been on the pre-preorder list for one since June. I like that can brake a lot more than the 419 suppressor and TBAC all around just makes a better can.

Best to look at cans that are made entirely out of Titanium for a precision bolt gun. Weight is a key factor when it comes to POI shift, because it changes the harmonics or "whip" of the barrel slightly. If you go out and buy an all-steel can, or one made of Inconel or Haynes, you're really setting yourself up for failure if it's going on a bolt gun. There are a ton of ways you can go nowadays, and it's not like it used to be. TBAC is going to be a solid choice no matter what model you go for, and they have a great reputation because for a while they were one of the only brands that designed and produced "dedicated precision rifle" cans, and they have been doing it for a hot minute. I have a Dominus CB (which is now discontinued), and it is pretty damn nice for a one and done can, but of course I bought more because I have zero self-control. But if you're hoping that a suppressor is going to help you compete in PRS matches more than a brake will, you're gonna be disappointed. Not that you can't shoot well with a good suppressor, but it's just not going to be as helpful as a good brake. I 100% agree with the folks here saying that the new TBAC RR cans with the built in brakes are gonna be your best bet, but they are of course high in price. Here are several cans that I personally would consider (but not limited to) for a dedicated precision bolt gun:

-Thunder Beast Ultra series, or Dominus/Magnus series
-Diligent Defense Enticer-L or S Ti
-Diligent Defense Wolf Hunter (6mm version of the Enticer-S Ti)
-Otter Creek Labs Hydrogen series
-KGM R series cans (if you can find any left)
-Abel Co Theorem series
-Surefire SOCOM 7.62 Ti or 6.5 Ti (basically unobtainable tho)
-Area 419 Maverick

What do you think of the enticer sti or lti?
I have an Enticer LTI and really couldn't be happier. Let me know if you have any questions. Although part of me wishes I would have known about the KGM R series cans on Gunbroker. Would be nice to be able to tune your can should the need arise.

I’m considering this can and the AB Raptor 6/8. How is the recoil reduction when using the LTi? Do you have any other cans to compare it to?

I’m considering this can and the AB Raptor 6/8. How is the recoil reduction when using the LTi? Do you have any other cans to compare it to?
I’ve only used it on a lightweight 6.5CM Tikka so the recoil isn’t bad. And honestly only fired five rounds before getting the suppressor, but that was while using a PVA Jetblast. Recoil wasn’t that noticeable to start with.

Don’t have any other cans to compare it to. I think you will be very happy with either of those cans.

Reactions: SlowMiss6.5
I’ve only used it on a lightweight 6.5CM Tikka so the recoil isn’t bad. And honestly only fired five rounds before getting the suppressor, but that was while using a PVA Jetblast. Recoil wasn’t that noticeable to start with.

Don’t have any other cans to compare it to. I think you will be very happy with either of those cans.

Thanks for the info. Just ordered an AB raptor 8 stack for $779 shipped to the dealer. I couldn’t pass on that deal once I saw it. I don’t think it will be quite as quiet as the Enticer L (internal vol of approx 17.11 vs 13.0 AB without the reflex) but with the reflex I think they may be close. Pew science has the 10 close to the Enticer L and AB said the 8 and 10 has minimal suppression difference. The 8 without the reflex should be a great hunting can with its low first round pop (info from rokslide)

Thanks for the info. Just ordered an AB raptor 8 stack for $779 shipped to the dealer. I couldn’t pass on that deal once I saw it. I don’t think it will be quite as quiet as the Enticer L (internal vol of approx 17.11 vs 13.0 AB without the reflex) but with the reflex I think they may be close. Pew science has the 10 close to the Enticer L and AB said the 8 and 10 has minimal suppression difference. The 8 without the reflex should be a great hunting can with its low first round pop (info from rokslide)
That is one negative of the LTi, there’s a first round pop. I shoot without ear pro most of the time suppressed. Probably should still wear some if I’m shooting more than a few rounds.

Nobody mentioned this either to me, but if your rings are very low then there’s a chance you may see the can on lower magnification. Mine goes away around 4-5x and I only notice it on 2.5x. My rings are 1:00” high.

If you plan on shooting several shots rapidly then you need to plan to buy a mirage cover. Really shocked the first time I fired 5 shots back to back and seen the mirage. Plan on ordering a Burn Proof Gear cover tomorrow. Just hope that I don’t have to end up buying a higher set of rings.

Reactions: SlowMiss6.5
That is one negative of the LTi, there’s a first round pop. I shoot without ear pro most of the time suppressed. Probably should still wear some if I’m shooting more than a few rounds.

Nobody mentioned this either to me, but if your rings are very low then there’s a chance you may see the can on lower magnification. Mine goes away around 4-5x and I only notice it on 2.5x. My rings are 1:00” high.

If you plan on shooting several shots rapidly then you need to plan to buy a mirage cover. Really shocked the first time I fired 5 shots back to back and seen the mirage. Plan on ordering a Burn Proof Gear cover tomorrow. Just hope that I don’t have to end up buying a higher set of rings.
Don't get the Burn Proof. Get the Can Chap. It's brilliant and of higher construction quality/ease of use vs. Burn Proof. I have both. The Can Chap is also less expensive and the people who make them are members here. They don't slip either. This is on my Enticer S Ti with a Huxwrx HUB QD mount. Eliminated any mirage I was seeing.

IMG_5550.jpg