• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Underground Drag Mat

J-Ham

Aquamarine Team
Minuteman
  • Sep 21, 2009
    Whitefish, MT
    I first purchased a case setup like this from Larue for a precision AR that I had at the time & really liked it. While I do think the cases with custom cut foam look nice, I find it too limiting for my purposes.

So I called up Precision Underground & had him whip me up one of his Drag Mats. Now I can throw any precision rifle of average dimensions into the case & put it in the back of the truck. Once at the range, the Drag Mat comes out & I'm set. I can also easily fly with this setup.

Anyway, this is my preferred way to REALLY protect a high-dollar precision rifle. Shout out to @Precision Underground for building a top-notch product right here in America, I'm a big fan.
    IMG_20200505_191726898_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200505_192249689_HDR.jpg

That looks nice. I agree with you, as much as I like custom foam I then am limited to 1 rifle/chassis/configuration. I have an Armageddon gear soft case that slips in a pelican with no issues and like that to be able to change rifles with ease. Would be interested if you can PM some details as far as dimensions and cost.

Sure thing dude:

Case dimensions closed: 49" x 10½"
    Case dimensions open: 49" x 32½"
    Drag Mat: $350
    Storm iM3300: $200

Just try not to dwell on the cost too much, haha! Sure it's $500, but the rifle inside is +$5,000.

nice. i use something similar for range trips and the hard case for travel if more protection is needed.