• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Underground Rear Bags Videos and Info- Reactivated Discount Code-

Precision Underground

Rifle Gear
Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • Update- 2/2023 We are caught up after the holiday chaos and I can't thank everyone enough for the support. Discount code DontFallForTheKnockoff is back up for 10% off rear bags 🤙 As always, if you get a bag from us you're buying your perfect bag. We'll adjust it or swap it out until it does exactly what you want it to do.

If you're new to the hide check out one of our early threads for a primer on our bags. We started in a garage with a walmart sewing machine and a distain for rear bags that have no design intent.

Updated fill demo video to show how our fill is different-

Tips on working the rear bag-
    We’ve had a few guys ask about adjusting the bags because the locking full squeezes a little differently than a standard polymer bead fill. If you’re used to just squeezing the bag around to aim, the video will point out a few tweaks that will make for easy adjustment and also explain why the adjustment will actually help you in the long run 🤙🏻

Original post-
    What’s up fam! Not much time for posting lately as we’ve been slammed but as always we appreciate all the support!

We’ve got a new bag coming out that is going to be the culmination of 4 years of testing, thousands of bags made, and feedback from you. I constantly get asked whether the Pro or the Rx is better and it’s hard to answer. Then it dawned on me to just design one that takes the best of both bags and rolls it into one. I’ll give some backstory and info below but if you’d rather cut to the chase the link to the bag is below.

I’ll do a quick rundown to show what the difference will be from our two most popular bags.

ELRx-
    Our first bag was the ELRx. This bag was much different than what was on the market 3-4 years ago because we filled it fairly full and it uses our locking fill that really keeps your stock in place. This was an outlier in rear bags at a time when everyone else was talking about making 1/2 full bags with slippery beads so you could easily steer the stock. We went in the opposite direction as we don’t feel like steering the rifle with the bag makes any sense fundamentally. I see some folks entering the game now and talking about “stuffing” bags tightly as if it’s revolutionary and they came up with it…..I have to laugh bc they're missing an important part of the equation. Don’t be fooled by imitators. The ELRx is still our best seller for a reason.

ELR Pro-
    Not everyone likes a firm bag. We sent some bags to Frank/lowlight a while back and he wanted less fill/more empty space to be able to squeeze the stock through the bag. We went back-and-forth until we figured out what fill level he likes and the ELR Pro was born. This bag is slightly bigger than the Rx but there’s more empty space inside the bag to allow your support hand to pinch the stock and do more of the work. This is great for pinchers bc you get the control without fighting slippery beads in a loose bag. We also added an adjustable strap on the short side to allow better hand placement in that orientation. If you like to pinch the rifle with your thumb and forefinger on the support hand this is the bag for you. I do try to stress to people that just because Frank uses it doesn’t mean it’s the bag you need. Our opinion is that most shooters are better off with a bag that is more full and I think a lot of people are coming around to that now.

The New Guy- The F1-
    The new bag is going to bring the best of both worlds. It takes features from both the Rx and the Pro as well as adding some other tweaks/adjustments. It’s slightly more slim and we’ve adjusted the ratio in our filler to be more stable than ever. Both straps will have adjustability so you can loosen them or tighten them to get the feel you want. We’ve made and tested a lot of bags over the years and I can tell you this is going to be at the top of the food chain. As always it comes with free adjustments and a satisfaction guarantee.

If you already run one of our bags and love it I’m not saying you should run out and buy this one. By all means we’d love to sell you one, but I want to be clear this is not a product born of marketing or a need to just sell more bags. It won’t be wildly different from the Rx or the Pro but the adjustments and additions to tweak the design and bridge the gap between the two. I feel like it’s the best bag we’ve made 100%. It will be available in coyote and BMC only at this time because there’s something about those fabrics that have a great feel. This bag is designed to be the best rear bag we can make and that’s going to go all the way down to the feel of the fabric.

Last edited:
    Hmm... I have the RX and the Pro... I love the locking fill in the bags. I like to do the pinching, not as a steering mechanism, but just as extra control during recoil to minimize any sort of sight picture disruption.

Can I still pinch with the F1? Basically I want a slightly smaller Pro :)

Hmm... I have the RX and the Pro... I love the locking fill in the bags. I like to do the pinching, not as a steering mechanism, but just as extra control during recoil to minimize any sort of sight picture disruption.

Can I still pinch with the F1? Basically I want a slightly smaller Pro :)
    Yep you can still pinch with the F1. You’ll be pinching a little more with the bag vs through the bag but there is room to do it. The fill level on the Pro has fluctuated a bit because I felt like they were too loose so it’s hard to say how much more loose it will be. But as always we can adjust it if needed and you can request “more/less loose” when you order if that’s what you like.

I think calling it a slightly smaller/slightly more full Pro would be a good way to describe it.

Last edited:
    Reactions: lash
    The New Guy- The F1-
    The new bag is going to bring the best of both worlds. It’s designed to allow you stability without sacrificing adjustability. It takes features from both the Rx and the Pro as well as adding some other tweaks/adjustments. It’s slightly more slim and we’ve adjusted the ratio in our filler to be more stable than ever. Both straps will have adjustability so you can loosen them or tighten them to get the feel you want. We’ve made and tested a lot of bags over the years and I can tell you this is going to be at the top of the food chain. As always it comes with free adjustments and a satisfaction guarantee.

Need a vide with size comparisons :) and how they fit the rifle stock, and adjust as you squeeze them, etc (y)

I’ve bought two of the ELR-Pro them, but since I’m such an easy touch and a couple of my friends liked them so much, I’ve given them to them. So now I’m without one and miss them. I’ll give your F1 bag a try, but I liked the amount of fill you had in your early ELR-Pro bags that I had. How do I specify that when ordering on your site?

Need a vide with size comparisons :) and how they fit the rifle stock, and adjust as you squeeze them, etc (y)
    You’re reading my mind. I was getting a corner in the shop cleared out this evening so I can get that going. I’ve been saying we were going to put out some videos on rear bag use for a long time and we’re about to make it happen. I’ve dug a lot of info out of the dirt over the last few years testing bags. I feel like I can save some people a lot of headache with some explanation as to how to go from a list of fundamentals to real world application.

I’ve bought two of the ELR-Pro them, but since I’m such an easy touch and a couple of my friends liked them so much, I’ve given them to them. So now I’m without one and miss them. I’ll give your F1 bag a try, but I liked the amount of fill you had in your early ELR-Pro bags that I had. How do I specify that when ordering on your site?
    Just let us know you’re lash from SH on the oder somewhere. You could put it in the notes section or in the company section when you fill your info out. Thank you sir!

Done and done.
    Right on man we appreciate it 🤙🏻

Y’all are killing it so it looks like we’re going to have to order more Data Bands to keep up but I’m thinking they’ll be here by the time we get the first run of F1s is done. The bands are awesome if you’re like me and just want to jot down some dope without wearing a notebook on your arm.

Just wonder what is the QD attachment option? Something allow the rear bag attaching to the rifle or somewhere like the shooter's belt?

I really needed a solid rear bag... I have a Armageddon Squishy Rear Bag :sick: and a Wiebad Range Cube which has served well. However, now that I am shooting >1,000 yards, the RC doesn't fit the bill like it does at 100 yards. So that put me between the new F1 and the Taylor was Here rear bag. They appear to be similar in design and function (as does Coletac Boss Bag and TAB Rear Bag)... ended up ordering the F1. I hope it fits the bill like I am suspecting!

Just wonder what is the QD attachment option? Something allow the rear bag attaching to the rifle or somewhere like the shooter's belt?
    The QD attachment can attach to your rear quick connect fitting on your stock if you want or if you have one.

The QD attachment can attach to your rear quick connect fitting on your stock if you want or if you have one.

I really hate attaching it. I usually start the stage with rifle right hand, bag left hand, and then on signal I'd drop down and get in position. And when I move out of prone to a barricade or something I don't want that thing hanging off the rear of my rifle.

Reactions: Boxerglocker
    I really hate attaching it. I usually start the stage with rifle right hand, bag left hand, and then on signal I'd drop down and get in position. And when I move out of prone to a barricade or something I don't want that thing hanging off the rear of my rifle.
    That’s why I don’t get the QD attachment myself.

I’m with you on this one but some people do like it. I find it easier just to keep my hand through the strap versus having it hanging off the rifle.

I really needed a solid rear bag... I have a Armageddon Squishy Rear Bag :sick: and a Wiebad Range Cube which has served well. However, now that I am shooting >1,000 yards, the RC doesn't fit the bill like it does at 100 yards. So that put me between the new F1 and the Taylor was Here rear bag. They appear to be similar in design and function (as does Coletac Boss Bag and TAB Rear Bag)... ended up ordering the F1. I hope it fits the bill like I am suspecting!
    You made the right choice. All traditional style rear bags are going to look pretty much the same. It’s what’s inside that really makes a difference. Our bags were born out of frustration that all rear bags were the same! I spent a long time blending in testing different materials to come up with the perfect filler for a rear bag. So ours may look similar but once you get one under your rifle he will feel the difference.

Reactions: littlepod and lash
    You made the right choice. All traditional style rear bags are going to look pretty much the same. It’s what’s inside that really makes a difference. Our bags were born out of frustration that all rear bags were the same! I spent a long time blending in testing different materials to come up with the perfect filler for a rear bag. So ours may look similar but once you get one under your rifle he will feel the difference.
    I can attest to this.

I can attest to this.
    Thank you sir! Not only is our fill infinitely superrior to anything I’ve seen, if it needs adjusting or just doesn’t fit well give us a shout and we’ll work with you to adjust it or swap it out. Reality is that different people need different size bags. There’s no way to make a single bag that fits everyone. Anyone telling you that their bag is perfect for everyone or that hand sewing is better than stitching on a commercial machine is selling you a story.

It is really amazing how much people don't realize and appreciate a good rear bag. The amount of people shooting prone with a Gamechanger is astonishing...

What are the dimensions of the F1? Trying to decide between it and the ELRx. Thanks
    I’ll have to measure one but it’s just slightly smaller than the Pro and the Rx. It compresses about the same though so it will come down to feel/personal preference. Hard to decide when you haven’t felt them or don’t know your preference but the F1 was designed to be the middle between the pro and the Rx so you’re getting the best of both worlds with it. Although the Rx is the original fix-you bag for a reason. f you don’t have much faith in your support hand and want to just let the rifle ride on the bag it’s hard to beat!

How is your F1 or ELRx or ELR Pro compare to the Tab Gear large bags/heavy fill? They're a pretty common bag as they were popular a long time ago.

Would love to see a video of the different fill levels. I'm a pincher myself and my current fav is the pint sized game changer with the heavy sand fill, pinching the "ears".

I want to try these PU bags with the locking fill.

How is your F1 or ELRx or ELR Pro compare to the Tab Gear large bags/heavy fill? They're a pretty common bag as they were popular a long time ago.

Would love to see a video of the different fill levels. I'm a pincher myself and my current fav is the pint sized game changer with the heavy sand fill, pinching the "ears".

The ELRx is slightly bigger than the TAB Gear large bags in terms of size. But the fill is entirely different.

I'm curious how you place your rifle on a pint sized game changer and pinch it. Which portion are you pinching?

Hearing only good things about your rear bags and always wanted to get one, just ordered.

Thank you for your work, Tor

These guys will be better at comparing because I don’t think I’ve ever tried that bag. But the poster right after you was correct. The filler will be the huge difference, it’s night and day compared to anything else I’ve tried. You’re guaranteed to love it or we’ll work with you until you do 👊🏻

I’ve got a area in the shop set up where I can shoot some video. I’ve done a few practice takes to get audio right and have started bullet points to lay out the info I want to get across. I’m not a video guy so the learning curve is steep lol. I have so much information in my head I’m finding that I need to have a set of bullet points to hit or else a video on differences in bags ends up a full scale theory on fundamentals and prone shooting
    9D8C8B42-66BE-4D63-BDBB-4C21AD6DBAEF.jpeg

I hope to reduce my OCD perfectionism and have one ready soon!

The ELRx is slightly bigger than the TAB Gear large bags in terms of size. But the fill is entirely different.

I'm curious how you place your rifle on a pint sized game changer and pinch it. Which portion are you pinching?
    Thanks for the info on that. You guys are better at comparisons than I am most of the time.

Good point on pinching the game changer. Sounds like he’s prob pinching the bag itself. A Rx would probably be a better fit here as he’d be pinching the ears of the bag vs actually reaching through the bag with the Pro. The F1 will be kind of in between the two and would be a good fit. That’s a good thought for when explaining differences in bags. You can still pinch the stock with the Rx it’s just a different kind of pinch.

Long, geeky post on rifle skillz and bag use, may not be suitable for those who don’t overanalyze things-

Some info I discovered working with the locking fill- It made me shoot better on day 1 but it also made me a better shooter in the long run. That sounds like crafty marketing but looking back I can see exactly how it works. I’m not claiming our bags will “fix“ you because that would be an absurd claim. But there is a mechanism at play that can point you toward better fundamentals.

When I started making bags I was not a great shooter. I was frustrated to the point of trying come up with a new type of filler because I felt like slippery rear bags were the problem. The first time I tested the locking fill it made a huge difference in my ability to hold the target. I immediately shot better….but I was not immediately a better shooter.

Fast-forward some amount of time and I found myself shooting unbraked 300 Norma and easily staying on target. I’m not exactly sure when it happened but I became a much better shooter in a relatively short amount of time with no instruction. I didn’t realize it was happening at the time but looking back I can see hige differences in my technique from then to now. It all started with getting the rifle off the bag and into my shoulder more. That was a direct result of using the locking fill.

The fill holds the stock in place really well so you’ll feel stability as soon as you put it under the rifle. But since it locks together it squeezes differently than a standard polymer bead; it’s a little more difficult to squeeze when it’s compressed. When I first started testing I thought this was a downside. But it was exactly what I needed because rather than just squeezing the bag around to aim the rifle I naturally started pulling into my shoulder more and lifting pressure off the bag while getting on target. Once on target I’d use slight cheek pressure on the bag to lock it in. I had no idea at the time but this small change was a first step toward a true NPA. A true NPA is the absolute foundation of recoil management and consistency. Up to this point I had thought my rifle sitting on the bipod and bag without me disturbing it was my NPA. That can be a NPA of sorts but it’s not a true NPA for tactical shooting.

I’ve got some videos planned to go deeper into this bc as I figured different pieces out I wondered why I had never heard anyone explain the things I was digging out if the dirt. There’s a lot to it but it’s really not black magic and it all starts with a true NPA. No bag will fix you or make you a better shooter but I can tell you from experience that our fill will make you shoot better and can lead you toward better fundamentals if you put in some work.

4C8E288C-4DEE-4B1A-AB02-998D415D2A03.jpeg

Any Hide discounts for these?

FROM the entry above:

Thanks brother!

He reminded me- Use MilLeo10 for 10% off……If you’re not Mil/Leo just tell a vet you know that you appreciate them and you can use the code 👊🏻.

Reactions: deersniper
    FROM the entry above:

Thanks brother!

He reminded me- Use MilLeo10 for 10% off……If you’re not Mil/Leo just tell a vet you know that you appreciate them and you can use the code 👊🏻.
    Thanks for helping out I’m drowning in the shop so haven’t been on much 😂. Y’all are keeping us running and we appreciate it! We preemptively ordered another 2k lbs of fill to keep up. Nice to see that the price has more than doubled for the material and the shipping! Thanks Joe…. We still haven’t raised prices since they started decimating our currency and increasing our taxes/costs so if you hear anyone selling cheap knockoffs talking about how ours are too expensive tell them FO.

First wave of F1s will go out next week 👊🏻We like the straps F1 so much we’re adding adjustability to both straps on all of the ELR bags. The F1 and the ELRx will be very close in size so if you want to get the F1 and another bag I’d recommend adding the ELR Mini(redesigned and really nice if you like a little bit of a shorter bag, it’s one of my go-to bags now) or the Pro if you want something a little bigger/more loose. We can always add more fill to the pro if you just want taller but still want it filled more tightly. Most guys will do better with a little more fill I think. You can do the F1 and the ELRx but they’ll be more similar than the others. They’ll have a bit of a different feel but will be similar in size. We appreciate the support as always!

We went hard today and got the majority of the F1s sewn and ready to turn so we’re looking to get them out the door sooner than expected 🤙🏻 Some orders from the last day or two didn’t make it in the batch but I’ll see if we can do one more print out before we start filling on Monday. A few more will pretty much clean us out of the 500# of filler we had on hand but more is on the way. New batch of data bands is in as well so those will ship with the F1.

If you ordered a suppressor ins or handguard ins with your F1 it will be a little bit longer before yours goes out but it won’t take long. Once we get F1s filled we’ll swap to insulator mode and knock them out.

Reactions: go4ityoda and S3th
    Just ordered one. Been meaning to get one of your rear bags for over a year now. Finally got around to it. Look forward to start winning matches now. 🥸

Reactions: lash
    Add me to the list! I don’t know much about precision shooting but I’m learning and practicing to get better. And I’ve learnt the bags I’m using under my stock are…ummmmm…not good. Super squishy and roll around a bunch (nylon beads?) Anyway, F1 order in and we’ll see how this goes! Thanks!

Add me to the list! I don’t know much about precision shooting but I’m learning and practicing to get better. And I’ve learnt the bags I’m using under my stock are…ummmmm…not good. Super squishy and roll around a bunch (nylon beads?) Anyway, F1 order in and we’ll see how this goes! Thanks!
    What you’re feeling on the squishy beads is the exact reason I started making bags. You’re going to feel a huge difference with ours!

Hope my bag goes out today so I have it for Saturday’s range day :)
    Man we busted ass all wknd to get tons of them sewn and filled only to find out we’re out of triglides for the straps. We had a huge bag….. that ended up being buckles in the wrong bin 🤦🏼‍♂️. We’ve got a few hundred that should be here Thursday. Send me your order #. I can’t promise anything but I’ll see if I can find a couple of triglides laying around.

Reactions: S3th
    Hope my bag goes out today so I have it for Saturday’s range day :)
    Ok you were one of the first orders so you got the two triglides that were under the machines with dust all over them. I wiped them off a little and I don’t want to hear any complaints if there some shop cat hair stuck on them somewhere lmao.

I’m one of those late to the party guys ordering on Friday or Saturday. I’ve been trying to find the right fit for a couple of years now. Fingers crossed this is it.

I’m one of those late to the party guys ordering on Friday or Saturday. I’ve been trying to find the right fit for a couple of years now. Fingers crossed this is it.
    Brother if it isn’t the right fit we want to be the first to know about it. Once you have something in your hand that we have the specs on it’s a lot easier to adjust from there off of your feedback.

Received the bag today. Inital thoughts dry firing... the hype is real. Thanks!
    Right on man! Spend some time dry firing and getting used to how the fill works if you haven’t used it before. As I said in the rambling post above, these will squeeze a little bit differently than a standard polymer bag.

I’m close to getting a bag tips video ready but it got put on hold when y’all flooded us with orders lol. Here’s one important part when you start working with the locking fill-

What you may find is difficult is trying to squeeze the bag to lift the stock up(to bring your POA down). This is a good thing because that’s not a great way to aim. If you need to lift the stock to get on target, pull straight into your shoulder, lift up a little bit with your body, squeeze up on the bag(without “pinching” it and creating a hinge), then settle back down into the bag with minimal cheek pressure. Always settle the stock down to get on target versus lifting it up to get on target. I would give this advice with any bag, but our fill almost acts like a training aid and leads you to do it this way. This was completely unintentional but I’ll take it!