• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Predator calls,

Paul38

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 15, 2011
Oregon Coast
Looking for a good predator call with a long range remote that really works. Not to worried about money, I believe in the cry once idea. Besides I'm 8 weeks from retirement and I'm gonna need something to do. Thanks for any help,

Re: Predator calls,

fox pro custom series...wish I had one. I own 2 fox pros and dont regret either but the cs series oh la la....

Don't mean to ruffle any feather, but don't discount wildlife technologies Callers. They have a solid long range wireless remote and that horn speaker will hurt your ears if you crank it up.

Just another quality option. Whichever one you end up with, just enjoy the hell out of it.

Cheers,
Breeze

I will discount Wildlife Technology callers cause the guy who runs that shop is a prick, IMO and experience. Yes, I have owned a couple. I will give my money to FoxPro everytime from now on. I have owned the CS24 and now own a Krakatoa

My buddy Joe makes some of the finest hand calls there are. They ain't no 10 dollars though.

I have to agree with you goose. I used to use the ecallers but I only use hand calls now. Most of mine are from carver calls. Good stuff.

add into the decision that the Wildlife Tech callers can't be reprogrammed. You have to purchase the sounds you want when you buy it. You can't add or change them.

That in itself makes the foxpro a no brainer.

Fury, CS24 and Krakatoa...
grin.gif

The new Krakatoa is great big country caller... and the sound is incredible.

But, I might be biased ...
wink.gif

JCH, You can change the sounds on the WT, but you have to send the unit back in to do it. If you have ever had to talk to the guy at WT then you will quickly understand that he is an arrogant person who down talks to the customers. He can kiss my hairy ass.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ARPredatorHunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">JCH, You can change the sounds on the WT, but you have to send the unit back in to do it. If you have ever had to talk to the guy at WT then you will quickly understand that he is an arrogant person who down talks to the customers. He can kiss my hairy ass.</div></div>

I meant, you couldn't do it on your PC like you can the foxpro. I've heard they are a bunch of A-holes.

That is correct. Now, the FoxPro isn't 100% perfect. There are glitches now and again with the remote, but their products are awesome and their customer service is what it is supposed to be like. They will always have my business

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ARPredatorHunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is correct. Now, the FoxPro isn't 100% perfect. There are glitches now and again with the remote, but their products are awesome and their customer service is what it is supposed to be like. They will always have my business </div></div>
+1 about the remote

Any recommendation of what hand calls to get? I am looking to get into some predator hunting but don't have the disposable cash on hand to get an electric caller. Thanks

Also will what is good for coyote also work for fox?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: joe90</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any recommendation of what hand calls to get? I am looking to get into some predator hunting but don't have the disposable cash on hand to get an electric caller. Thanks

Also will what is good for coyote also work for fox? </div></div>

If it gets cold where you hunt, anything with an open reed. Closed reeds tend to freeze up.

Plus you get more tonal variation with an open reed.

Prey sounds that work for coyotes work for fox too. Just dont use coyote vocalizations if you want to call in fox too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: joe90</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any recommendation of what hand calls to get? I am looking to get into some predator hunting but don't have the disposable cash on hand to get an electric caller. Thanks

Go over to the Predator Masters website and look in the "custom calls" section. The guys over there sell some great hand-made calls for ridiculously low prices.
The Hide and PM link to each other's sites, and there'a a lot of members that frequent both sites.

+1 on checking out predator masters. I learned a lot of good info when I first started from that site.

Give my buddy Joe a call. ArkyYoter.net

Thanks for all the help, you guys are great.

Well it's between the CS24 and the Krakatoa, but I have one more question. I was wondering about battery life between the two or if it was even a issue. And I will look into a hand call just in case the battery go dead.

Thanks again,
Paul

The Krakatoa runs on 2 packs. Lots of call time and they charge in under 3 hours. Plus, you can top them off at any time. I really like it too because they are sealed units and charge via a male/female plug.

The CS24 is one battery clam shell where you have to remove all the batteries ever time to recharge or replace. DON'T use lithium's in them, initial draw is to much. Alkaline AA's are the ticket or the rechargeable ones from Radio Shack.

You can't go wrong with either one !!

Make sure and get some good (high MaH) batteries, and if you get a caller that needs an external charger system, get one of the Mahas that does 8 batteries at once.
I've been running 2 sets of batteries for a couple of years and they are still holding charge like they were new. I do the slow charge, and a "re-cycle" occasionally.

sendero man,

I was told by foxpro that the new rechargable battery pack you can buy with the CS-24 recharges as one unit. It even has a quick adapter that you don't have to remove from the call to charge.

Have had a FP Prairie Blaster for a while now and love it. It is a little on the heavy side but side by side, to several different sets of ears, is louder than the CS24. This may or may not matter, depends on where and what you will be trying to hunt. Out in Texas, the remote worked fine out to 150 yards, down here in Florida with the thick vegetation, it has still worked out to 100 yards. Never tried any farther than that.

Check out predator masters as has been mentioned. Also look at www.carverpredatorcalls.com Kerry makes some flat out great calls.

I just brought the alpha dogg by primos. I haven't used it out in the field yet but i have been playing with it around the house. It sounds good and the range for the remote has worked great. I will be using it next month and will give more feedback on it.