• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Predator Projectiles----375 Predator

Louis Corkern

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 28, 2005
AR, USA
www.thorgdg.com
Bruce,

Can you please provide me with any data you can on your 375 Predator? It might be something I build onto my Desert Tactical Arms HTI model in very near future.
I see it mentioned on your site but no data given.

Thanks

Re: Predator Projectiles----375 Predator

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PuMbAaA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shoot aussiearmorer a PM, I know he's tested these out to about 2000yds just recently.

Hope this helps,

Cameron</div></div>

Pum:

I am referring to a wildcat and not just the predator projectile but thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: aussiearmourer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">email sent Louis</div></div>

Replied

Thanks

Could you guys please post a little information on this project? i.e. case (parent), powder, barrel length and bullet...exc. Thank you.

-Anthony

Hi Anthony,
The Predator cartridges( there is the .375, .416 and .510) are all based on the BMG case shortened by about 9mm, with the shoulder improved and the body taper reduced.
I am building 3 rifles, 1 in each calibre, and the .416 is the one that I will be keeping. It has a 34" barrel, made by a company here in Australia, with a 1 in 12" twist, same profile as the Tac 50 barrel. Im envisaging that the powder of choice will be AR 2218 which I think is the same as H50BMG, and I will be running the .416" Predator projectile. The .375Predator Im doing has a shorter barrel at 28", so it will be interesting to see what velocities are obtainable with the shorter barrel.
The Predator cartridges are the idea of Predator Projectiles here in Aust, I know the idea is not particulary new, but its still something fun to play with as we cannot own .50BMG here.