• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

predator projectiles

bowstryder

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 17, 2008
grottoes, va
Does anyone have experience with these pills? I am in the process of a .338 lm build using a 9.4 5r rock barrel and have been looking for a good lrh bullet. They have 2 designs that weigh in at 265 for the hunting bullet and 225 (or 235) for the target bullet. I would like to get something in 265 weight for a bit of velocity increase over the big 300's but is still very capable of taking game at 1k+. First off let me say I do not plan on taking N E thing until I am completely comfortable and very confident. I am a very ethical hunter/shooter. I am just looking for alternatives to the bigger pills. I do look forward to the berger hybrid which I have on hand. I guess you can say I am looking for something on "the road less traveled" just to see what's out there.

Re: predator projectiles

Have you checked out Rocky Mountain Bullets? They have some pretty serious hunting bullets. A tad expensive though.
cool.gif

I just checked the rocky mountain bullets....... wow. If those claims are even close to true about the bc's..... wow. The major problem with something like that is the price. Especially if you find out that your rig doesn't like them!
I guess I would have to talk to someone with experience shooting those beasts both with similar setups and with terminal effects on animals.
Thanks for the link mrjimsfc.

Stick with the 265 predators

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bowstryder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just checked the rocky mountain bullets....... wow. If those claims are even close to true about the bc's..... wow. The major problem with something like that is the price. Especially if you find out that your rig doesn't like them!
I guess I would have to talk to someone with experience shooting those beasts both with similar setups and with terminal effects on animals.
Thanks for the link mrjimsfc. </div></div>

I've used the Rocky Mountain 338 cal 300gr and the BC is about .860 there performance on game is as good as the sierra 300 from what I've seen.

The cutting edge 252gr 338 cal might be worth a look people have been reporting some very good results.

Looks like there are a lot of not so main stream performers out there! I appreciate the "bumps" for manufacturers. Besides, isn't testing part of the fun!

I have tried the Predator 235 grain bullet out of both the .338WM and .338 Edge. M.V. of between 2750 and 3050 fps
Although accuracy was OK, I was very disapointed with the B.C. of this bullet as well as its ability to survive transonic. (it doesn't)
Stick to a lead core bullet in the .338 and save your money.

I ended up buying a box of cutting edge 252 gr (standard) bullets. I will let you know how they do when I get the chance. And for what it's worth, their customer service is second to none, thanks Nathan! I received only 49 out of 50 with the order and in no time they sent out 5 more to compensate with packaging the way all high end bullets should be (all separated and protected). Even if my rifle doesn't like them they are well made and look great.