• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Predator scope around $500- can SWFA be beat?

CApighunter

Private
Minuteman
Mar 12, 2017
I’m scope shopping for a 22 creed build I’m working on. Primary use will be plinking steel to 1k and coyote hunting out to 600.
I don’t need the clearest glass or the lightest scope, what I do need is bombproof reliability and repeatable tracking. Everything I’ve found keeps pointing me back to the SWFA 3-9HD in the $500ish price range, is there anything that competes with it in the same price point?

My eyes suck so the 9x is a limiting factor for me out to 1000. I have the 3-9HD and I have the 3-15 FFP SWFA scopes. For hunting I prefer the 3-9 for targets I like the 3-15. If I had to use one for both I think I'd go with the 3-15. But honestly, if I'm going to 1000 I'm probably using something at 18X or 20X.

Reactions: CApighunter
I think if your planning on shooting out to a 1000 the 3-9 is really going to be a handicap for any kind of precision work . I have the SWFA 3-15 and it's a nice optic for the 500 I paid back when they had their black friday sale. It works good for ringing steel and hunting coyotes.