• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Preference? AXSR vs AXMC

vh20

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 2, 2012
For those of you who own, or have significant experience with both platforms, which do you prefer and why? I think I understand the differences, I'm just more interested in peoples' experiences and what they liked or didn't. I have an AXMC and was considering picking up another AI and wondered how the AXSR is comparing to the AXMC in actual use? Thanks in advance for your input.

@vh20 , I have a lot of respect for AI, and being largely a military shop, I personally have a Mk13 Mod7 that I shoot in .300 WM, and we make those for customers as well. Love it.

That is that the same sophistication as the AXMC, but having shot Cadex, I would encourage you to take a serious look for your next rifle or chassis.

Commerically, we sell both Cadex and AI, so I am happy to sell a cusotmer what they want.

But, as an enthusiast and an observer in the industry, I favor the Cadex over AI. I have spent time at their factory, and the level of precision at Cadex is inspiring. When I look at the history of the M2010 sniper rifle and design work that Cadex put into it, and then ultimately being manfuactured by Remington Defense, I begin to learn the subtleties of precision. Then came the MSR program, which did not go so well for Remington. If memory servers me, and I could be wrong, the AXMC was a contender for that contract. I might be mixing up sniper programs. There have been so many, and now the ASR and and PSR from Barett. But, the AXMC is clearly a well performing platform.

I think Cadex is such a leader in the precision chassis and rifle market, that you might want to give Cadex a serious look. Again, not a commercial, as we sell both, but we are pretty invested in Cadex, and everything they make is made well.

Reactions: deersniper
Either or. Both are the best in their class. I sold my axmc to get the axsr and I'm very happy I did.

I might be in the minority, but I wish AI would have kept the 3pos safety.
Can you open the bolt with the rifle on Safe with the new 2-position safety, or do you have to take the safety Off first?

I don't have a axsr, yet, but the videos show it being able to be ran with the safety on.

I’m desperately wanting to get my hands on an AXSR I had the axmc and it’s an awesome rifle If anyone wants an m107a1 for an asr let me know haha

To bring some closure to my own thread - I picked up one of the last AXMCs to pair with my other one instead of an AXSR. I didn't find anything on the AXSR that I really liked over the AXMC, and probably would have liked the trigger less from what I read. Not to give the wrong impression - I really LIKE the AXSR, and would sure like to own one, but I think I'm a little more comfortable with the AXMC overall. Plus, I can STILL buy an AXSR when I want, but the AXMCs are only in the used market now.

What have you read ?

It's more of a comp-style trigger, and had a failure in the ASR SOCOM trials, perhaps less resistant to grit/dirt. Could happen to any trigger at any time, but I really like the bomb-proof trigger in the AXMC and I don't have the luxury of trying an AXSR in person, so I went with the known-quantity. Not saying it was a fair judgment, but at least a safe one in my case.

edit: The ASR trigger failure was with the ASR trigger, not the AXSR.

Last edited:
Reactions: deersniper