• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Preferred 357 Mag 3.5" Pistol load

ICU22250

Perfectionist
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 13, 2017
    WV
    Hey guys, just got a new to me S&W 27-2 and I'm wanting to get started on some loads for it. I'm looking for something that will get the job done but still somewhat nice to shoot, not something too hot. Any suggestions on a powder bullet combo that seems to shine for you? I have about 400 125gr XTP'S and also a good bit of 158gr XTP's. In the powder department, I have a good bit of power pistol, BE-86, H110 and Tite group.. Thanks fellas..

Hey guys, just got a new to me S&W 27-2 and I'm wanting to get started on some loads for it. I'm looking for something that will get the job done but still somewhat nice to shoot, not something too hot. Any suggestions on a powder bullet combo that seems to shine for you? I have about 400 125gr XTP'S and also a good bit of 158gr XTP's. In the powder department, I have a good bit of power pistol, BE-86, H110 and Tite group.. Thanks fellas..

When you say "get the job done", what job is it?

All those powders will work fine. I would load the 158s to around 1000 - 1100 fps and call it good

Basically just get out and shoot and if needed a defense round, hence why I have the XTP's.. I really like this S&W, haven't had a good revolver in quite a while.