• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Preferred Barrel Blanks, Lead Time Longer Than Stated

VaderRubiconJK

I was reasonable until forced to be unreasonable
Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 6, 2018
Nowhere somewhere between WA & WY
Ordered a prefit barrel 7 weeks ago, lead time was quoted as 5-6 weeks at that point which was acceptable. Expected to have in hand around this part of the month.
Needless to say current estimate is another 3-4 weeks of waiting. Kinda questioning if I should cancel my order and find something else or wait it out. Feel like they sold me with the accepted lead time and now can’t deliver on that.

The only reason I ordered from PBB was the action I have currently has one of their tubes and I didn’t want to do another load work up when what I have is shooting money.

My issue is I have a 2day national match at end of the month and I’d planned on shooting the new tube, current round count is 1840 on a dasher, and when I ordered there would’ve been enough time to get it on, verify everything, and feel confident. Now I’ll be lucky if I get by mid July.

Has anyone else had experience with this shop?
Is this short lead time on order, then pushing out delivery way past estimate a standard thing with them or ??

Any comments or experiences would be appreciated.

It sounds like I ordered mine about the same time as you (end of April/beginning of May) they told me from the start lead times were around 8 weeks due to everything going on so I was aware from the beginning. I am also on week 7. Sounds like they forgot to give you fair warning about the adjusted lead times.

It sounds like I ordered mine about the same time as you (end of April/beginning of May) they told me from the start lead times were around 8 weeks due to everything going on so I was aware from the beginning. I am also on week 7. Sounds like they forgot to give you fair warning about the adjusted lead times.
Before I placed my order I called their shop and got quoted 5-6 weeks, placed order within hour of that call. My order receipt also says 5-6 weeks, so idk what the story is there.

Besides lead times, how are their barrels?
The barrel I have flat out shoots.
If my original wasn’t a hammer, I most certainly wouldn’t have ordered another from them.
Here are the load work ups from 200y.

Attachments

• D48E35DB-45E8-498E-B904-57CEF90C018B.jpeg
    D48E35DB-45E8-498E-B904-57CEF90C018B.jpeg
    413.8 KB · Views: 117
  • 009543D6-EBE2-420E-8BC9-981D53A00B9F.jpeg
    009543D6-EBE2-420E-8BC9-981D53A00B9F.jpeg
    371.3 KB · Views: 117
Reactions: 338dude
Before I placed my order I called their shop and got quoted 5-6 weeks, placed order within hour of that call. My order receipt also says 5-6 weeks, so idk what the story is there.

The barrel I have flat out shoots.
If my original wasn’t a hammer, I most certainly wouldn’t have ordered another from them.
Here are the load work ups from 200y.
Ya that would be frustrating then

Update:
Ended up ordering a 6 dasher Kelbly prefit for the atlas tactical. Shipped fast, had in hand within 4 days. I’d recommend Kelbly to anyone looking for a great barrel.
They also accept blanks and will machine to fit their actions without having to send the whole unit in. Very nice offering.

Still no word from PBB on updated delivery schedule.
Won’t be using them again for anything.

Kelbly has a great reputation. I can't imagine you having anything but exceptional results from it. I think if they have it on their website, it is in stock and ready to ship, or just walk in and buy it... Would be handy.. Some day maybe i'll be fortunate enough to have a Kelbly!!

Reactions: 338dude
Update:
Ended up ordering a 6 dasher Kelbly prefit for the atlas tactical. Shipped fast, had in hand within 4 days. I’d recommend Kelbly to anyone looking for a great barrel.
They also accept blanks and will machine to fit their actions without having to send the whole unit in. Very nice offering.

Still no word from PBB on updated delivery schedule.
Won’t be using them again for anything.

Are those groups from the PBB?

I’m doing a TL3 build and I’ve been looking at PBB, PVA, or straight jacket armory

Edit: Scratch my question, didn’t realize you haven’t heard anything back from PBB.

I’d steer clear and go with either of the other options simply to not deal with BS.

I have other barrels from AINA, accurate ordinance, gradous, A-Team, and kelbly. They all shoot shoot like lasers so no advantage giving your money to PBB.

Reactions: EN2722
Ordered a barrel through expert voice but the lead time is long, months, back in April.

Tried PBB based on a buddy's recommendation and ordered the same week, 5-6wk lead time, allegedly. Tuesday will be 10 weeks.

Two weeks ago I got an email saying my barrel was 'entering production' and to expect another update in... 10-15 business days, lol. We'll be past that point this coming Wednesday.

Waited too long to cancel, and frankly my trainer barrel has been abused more than Jenny McCarthy so I'll take it when it comes my way but not sure id order again.

I did hear they had CNC issues a while back that effed up lead times. Hearing it from them like, 'Hey, our shit broke, it cost us a week, that pushed our times out by a month, we'd like to ship free for the inconvenience' or something would have been nice.

Reactions: Steel head
I'm in the same boat with everyone else. Ordered May 11th. My receipt and the website showed 5-6 weeks. I'm waiting on two barrels from them actually. At this point I might as well wait it out but them having SOME type of communication would be nice.

I ordered on may 15. When I ordered it said 5-6 weeks as well. I noticed the other day they now offer a 7.5 twist that wasn't offered when I ordered. I emailed them and they are going to change my order but all they would tell me was it would ship 8-10 weeks from when the order is placed.

Ian from elemental industries in TN was able to cut me a bartlein savage action 1 week before k&m when I asked 6 days prior. 5 rounds with a mild load.

Attachments

• 20200521_162700.jpg
    20200521_162700.jpg
    334.5 KB · Views: 108
Ian from elemental industries in TN was able to cut me a bartlein savage action 1 week before k&m when I asked 6 days prior. 5 rounds with a mild load.
What was the total cost for that? The only reason I really picked preferred in the first place was the price since im building up two budget builds. If that wasnt a factor I probably would have went with proof.

What was the total cost for that? The only reason I really picked preferred in the first place was the price since im building up two budget builds. If that wasnt a factor I probably would have went with proof.
$700 for the barrel and work, $50 for expedited shipping. If your mil, you can get proof barrels on expert voice for a great price. How much are preferred barrels?

$700 for the barrel and work, $50 for expedited shipping. If your mil, you can get proof barrels on expert voice for a great price. How much are preferred barrels?
I paid $800 shipped for two barrels. That's chambered, finished, and threaded. I figured for the price I'll take the gamble and just wait it out at this point. I know people say PVA misses their lead times but they've also made a name for themselves. With PBB younwould think they would try to build up their reputation first. Who knows.

I paid $800 shipped for two barrels. That's chambered, finished, and threaded. I figured for the price I'll take the gamble and just wait it out at this point. I know people say PVA misses their lead times but they've also made a name for themselves. With PBB younwould think they would try to build up their reputation first. Who knows.
Oh yea, at that price I'd gamble too. Post your groups when you get it, I'd like to see how they poke.

Reactions: cm1021
Will do. There's a thread on here about them and in found a couple vids on youtube and so far everything has been pretty good. Only heard of two bad reports and that was a fitment issue and PBB rectified it. Seems everything so far has been sub 3/4moa with most doing sub half.

I had one I ordered for my old tikka In 6.5cm in October of last year. Took exactly 4 weeks to get but had to send it back as the tenon threads were cut too shallow. They turned it around fairly quickly. It shot fairly well considering the fact I was new to reloading and precision shooting. Most groups were 1/2” but had some smaller on occasion.

2816CC88-2C29-4CFD-BFBB-AD332DF43EB7.jpeg

51600450-7160-427F-BA36-9317B8472A29.jpeg

Pretty disappointed

Just called at 10.30am today, I’m at 10 weeks on July 3, another 3-4 week wait

I asked what the issue was they said it was “an influx of orders all at the same time”
Hmmm, I placed my order after speaking with them on the phone, getting the 5-6 week lead time, and placed with 15 minutes of that conversation

It takes a lot to get me heated but they are pushing all the right buttons

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: MichiganMitten
FUCK THESE GUYS

Just called at 10.30am today, I’m at 10 weeks on July 3, another 3-4 week wait

I wouldn’t do business with these assholes if their barrels were free

DON’T BUY FROM PBB under any circumstance
Tell your buddies, tell your fellow shooters, hell tell your momma, steer clear of these worthless liars and buy from anyone else

I asked what the issue was they said it was “an influx of orders all at the same time”
Horse shit, I placed my order after speaking with them on the phone, getting the 5-6 week lead time, and placed with 15 minutes of that conversation
Total garbage, they will sell you on the short quoted lead time and fucking keep your money as long as possible before delivering product
Sounds like a pyramid scheme where they use your money to fund barrels they have collected payments on two months ago
My guess is they fold in the next year, I’d love to see that happen
It takes a lot to get me heated but they are pushing all the right buttons
Well that sucks. I would have thought of they all of a sudden had and "influx of orders" they would update the lead time on the website. I saw you said 10 weeks on July 3ed so that should put you late April. I ordered May 11th and was still quoted 5-6weeks and that's what my email says as well.

Ask for your money back?

Friday May 1st placed order

Not asking for a refund
I am not a quitter, I’m going to see this through, and when I do get my barrel, I’m going to find some bullshit thing wrong with it just to make their lives miserable and deal with my bulldogging them everyday

That’s how I operate, I’ll be your best friend, break my back to help and go out of my way for you, but when you cross me it’s game over, I’m relentless in my pursuit of revenge, just ask my ex-wife
When I repo’d the MB C class I bought her, I drove it for a year after changing the plates to “WAZHERS” just so she could see that shit every couple days
Then I took a sabbatical from my job just so my income would be zero and I could rape her for 36 months of spousal support, one check for every month we were married

I don’t fall in love easy, but I fall outta love fast as fuck
0-100 real quick lol

Last edited:
Time to dispute charges w the CC company!

Reactions: fxdrider

FYI about a month ago (during their sale) PVA had my barrel (tikka prefit 6.5 creed) shipping to me exactly 2 weeks from order date. Look around, I think with their other issues behind them they are doing well on lead times now. Prime 130 is well under .5" from my PVA.

FYI about a month ago (during their sale) PVA had my barrel (tikka prefit 6.5 creed) shipping to me exactly 2 weeks from order date. Look around, I think with their other issues behind them they are doing well on lead times now. Prime 130 is well under .5" from my PVA.
If I could have gotten in on a sale with them I would have more than likely ordered from them. I just looked up my invoice from PBB and I paid $885 total shipped. $850 for two barrels and $35 shipped. I couldn't find anyone else close for that price for a shouldered barrel and a remage.

With the sale mine was under $500 but not quite that low. Almost pulled the trigger on PBB but went with PVA instead. Glad I did. I risked a long lead time (but they said they were running more smoothly now) vs some of the bad threading and other issues seen here with PBB. Although, my guess is that they got too many orders in too quick and could not keep up. It seems like PBB was fixing any mistakes made, and that their barrels shoot. Growing pains suck.

Reactions: DRichardson
With the sale mine was under $500 but not quite that low. Almost pulled the trigger on PBB but went with PVA instead. Glad I did. I risked a long lead time (but they said they were running more smoothly now) vs some of the bad threading and other issues seen here with PBB. Although, my guess is that they got too many orders in too quick and could not keep up. It seems like PBB was fixing any mistakes made, and that their barrels shoot. Growing pains suck.
Yeah. I'm trying not to get worked up over it. I'm not like the OP and need it by the end of the month but if it comes to end of July I'll be pretty pissed. This was gonna be a hunting build so j need to get it together, shot, and some loads worked up for it. That takes a little bit.

I was kinda in the same boat as you guys on my last barrel. Once it finally got to me, I couldn't get loads to produce under .8 mils at 100 yards. I chalked it up to my poor shooting ability and after 400 rounds of testing I said fuck this, and decided to go with a bartlein barrel. Easiest load dev I've ever done and I dont think I'll ever go back. Hopefully you guys get these barrels and I can see if it's a route worth taking.

I was kinda in the same boat as you guys on my last barrel. Once it finally got to me, I couldn't get loads to produce under .8 mils at 100 yards. I chalked it up to my poor shooting ability and said fuck it with the bartlein barrel. Easiest load dev I've ever done and I dont think I'll ever go back. Hopefully you guys get these barrels and I can see if it's a route worth taking.
So were you having issues with a PBB barrel?

Heard from them today. I ordered a barrel on 19 may. Told today it’s a 10 week lead time

I hope and pray it's not from today or my order is gonna be canceled!
I emailed them seeking clarification as well, I am in no rush as it’s just a 300blk barrel for my origin, but The lack of communication and transparency are concerning, based on how this barrel comes out when I get it will be a deciding factor if I am a repeat customer or not.

I emailed them seeking clarification as well, I am in no rush as it’s just a 300blk barrel for my origin, but The lack of communication and transparency are concerning, based on how this barrel comes out when I get it will be a deciding factor if I am a repeat customer or not.
I just got off the phone with them. He said still a couple weeks out on my barrels and said he couldn't give me a definite. I said are we talking 2-3 weeks or 5-6. He said around the two. I guess the old saying cheap, fast, and good, pick two rings true again. I better get my 2 instead of one! I understand this country went it's up for a few months but an email just as a heads up goes a LONG way in keeping most people happy. It's when im ghosted that I get pissed!

If they would have just GIVEN me some updates along the way it prob would have been a different story. But you take my money and I don’t hear anything, until I call and then you come clean, not the way to do business

Last edited:
Reactions: PAYDIRT
Ordered a prefit barrel 7 weeks ago, lead time was quoted as 5-6 weeks at that point

<2020 Plague clusterfuck>

My issue is I have a 2day national match at end of the month and I’d planned on shooting the new tube

<ongoing clusterfuck>

Any comments or experiences would be appreciated.

Thoughts come to mind,

"Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance"

"Two is one, One is None."

Barrels sitting on a shelf don't really go "bad" and if you've got the cheddar for a Mercedes AND an ex-wife you can purchase more than a barrel at a time. Plan farther ahead or call Chad at LRI. Pretty sure he could finish one for you by close of business.

Hope you get it sorted out.

I did try to plan ahead, I based off their quoted lead time, added a few weeks to that, and thought I was golden like the oldies, I’d have in hand with plenty of time to spare before I actually needed it, not to be with perverted barrel blanks
I’ll definately be using kelbly moving forward, they had another matching barrel on the shelf, after I got my current and found it was stellar, I ordered the brother to mine. So yes I have one that will be sitting on my shelf waiting to go bad haha

I got the cheddar FROM the ex-wife lol
The benz was my graduation present to her when she finished nursing school
Divorce was her way of saying thanks for everything

Last edited:
Sounds like a classy lady. :rolleyes: Good riddance.

If you had good experience with other vendors, buy two from them while you 'settle' with PBB.

Had ordered one in March in 7mm-08 . Barrel shoots great. They called to see what freebore I wanted and was in my hands in 4 weeks. Looks great with the bead blasting job.

Sold barrel due to surgery, but it flat shoots 1/2-3/4 while I was fire forming brass. That's all I got to before surgery. Mine was for a. RPR.

Doc