• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Preferred Mag brands for different caliber AR rifles?

CypressJeff

Private
Minuteman
Jul 29, 2010
I have been reading this forum for about 2 years now and though I have been shooting all of my life, I have gained a wealth of knowledge from being here in the shadows. Thanks to all that contribute and thanks to all of those that serve our country.

In my preperation to get into the Precision Shooting sport I have picked up a Noveske .223 Rogue Hunter, stocked up on Pmags, Stocked up on PRI mags for a future Noveske in 6.8. From what I understand, should I get a Noveske 300 Blackout, I will be able to use the Pmags from the .223 Rogue Hunter. I also have been searching high and low for 7.62 Pmags but have had no luck yet.

With the Magazine ban looming and democratic leaning states throwing legislation around like fools, I'd like to go ahead and pick up a few quality magazines for whatever AR guns I may want in the future. Could someone advise me on the quality magazines that I am missing for different AR calibers? This could drum up a million different answers but I honestly have no clue. I could see myself purchasing a 243, 220, 9mm, 7.62x39 and a 22. Thanks in advance!

Yeah, you could get a .300 Blk. It uses 5.56 mags. Supersonic Ballisticwise it is slightly better than a 7.62x39, due to BC. Very quiet suppressed.
Should you get one? That is up to you.
C Product Defense has very good 5.56 & 6.8 mags.

You do realize .243 & 22-250 uses an AR-10 platform?

I have CPD 6.8 mags and theyre very good, CPD along with PRI mags are the only 6.8 mags that allow an OAL of 2.3", which is necessary to use the long, heavy rounds for long range work.

Yeah, I know the 243 is an AR-10. I guess I am turning into more of a collector of guns at this point due to both me and my wife's work schedule. She doesn't mind, we don't have kids and when the time comes her two nephews will have one heck of a collection coming to them :) Hopefully in the next few years I'll get all of the trigger time that I want. Thanks for all of the replies!!!