• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Preferred method for mounting rangefinder to Tac Table?

11aaguilar

Private
Minuteman
Aug 1, 2017
Alaska
I have purchased a Mub Mod Dos tac table with M-Lok slots and 1/4-20 screw holes. What is your all’s preferred ways of attaching or mounting your laser rangefinder to these? I’ll have a spotter on one side of the tac table and the rangefinder on the other. I’m currently running a Sig Kilo 2k. I’m leaning towards an MKMachining rangefinder sleeve clipped into a RRS BC-18 microhead that’s screwed into the table. That way I can articulate both the spotter and rangefinder independently. What do you guys think?

I have purchased a Mub Mod Dos tac table with M-Lok slots and 1/4-20 screw holes. What is your all’s preferred ways of attaching or mounting your laser rangefinder to these? I’ll have a spotter on one side of the tac table and the rangefinder on the other. I’m currently running an Sig Kilo 2k. I’m leaning towards an MKMachining rangefinder sleeve clipped into a RRS BC-18 microhead that’s screwed into the table. That way I can articulate both the spotter and rangefinder independently. What do you guys think?
Small ball head for both spotter and LRF mounted to the MUB.

I tried one ball head for the LRF and use the tripod mounted head to aim the spotter and it just didn’t work very well for me for a number of reasons.

That’s what I’m thinking. Can you drop the names or links for the ball heads you used?

Setting up the Mod Dos for observation is something I am working on as well. What did you end up using for mounting your binos/scope and LRF?

Is there a reason you guys prefer that MUD DOS over the Grey Ops hunter or amp elite plate? Just the ability to easily put micro ball heads for each item I guess?

I have no experience with the Grey Ops plate, but I did not like how the indwelling ARCA clamps were oriented. The Mod Dos appears much more flexible in terms of one’s ability to place and orient gear.

That’s what I’m thinking. Can you drop the names or links for the ball heads you used?
Sorry, you didn’t tag me so I didn’t see this.

Just Sunwayfoto. Or Leofoto. Just Chinese stuff, nothing special. Larger for spotting scope, smaller for LRF. I have an Anvil-30 on the tripod itself.

Take a look at Abel Table.

Take a look at Abel Table.

Really good-looking kit. This appears to be really well thought out. My only concern about it was the wrap-around lip and whether it would create problems with getting to arca clamp knobs placed on the right side like the Area419.

Really good-looking kit. This appears to be really well thought out. My only concern about it was the wrap-around lip and whether it would create problems with getting to arca clamp knobs placed on the right side like the Area419.

The intergrated arca rail on the bottom? Possibly. I use RRS lever release clamps. So no issues there.

I also use 2 RRS levers on top side with RRS BC-18 micro ball head since I have both Abel Co’s SOM & LOM adapters for their table.

IMG_0074.jpeg

This is how I do it. Use the ball head to get the PLRF to point at the same object as the Spotter, then just use the rotational knobs on the main head to move the whole rig as one slaved unit. Ignore the wind meter mount on the Spotter - that was a bad idea.

Reactions: TDWilson