• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifle Gear Preferred way to carry ammo

LongRange888

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Dec 6, 2017
    New York
    What seems to be the best/ preferred way or options available for carrying ammo in general or to a match. Ammo Noval bullet binders, plastic cases or other options for either reloaders or factory ammo.

The various ammo binders seem to be the most popular at matches and such. The sound of the plastic cases get really old! And I just hate the idea of the tips banging around during a match.

I do wonder about the binders will mess with concentricity. It feels like they could effect it, but I haven’t noticed it down range.

Reactions: LongRange888
    What seems to be the best/ preferred way or options available for carrying ammo in general or to a match. Ammo Noval bullet binders, plastic cases or other options for either reloaders or factory ammo.

The pack style ammo binder that @softcock makes is pretty hard to beat. It will carry 120 rounds (40 per book w/ 3 books) . It's compact and keeps your ammo in great condition, and you can get one book out at a time. You can also molle it to your pack if you like carrying it that way and not even have to open your pack for ammo. It's the best thing I'm aware of.

Thanks guys. I’ve had interest in trying the ammo novels more so the Cole tac wallets in 20 or 40 rounds and getting a few rather than fumbling a large one every time. Was going to ask like BuildingConceptsLlc stated, are there any smaller companies or guys making in the prs industry/snipers hide world that a google search would not come up with.

Reactions: SokekSolutions
    The pack style ammo binder that @softcock makes is pretty hard to beat. It will carry 120 rounds (40 per book w/ 3 books) . It's compact and keeps your ammo in great condition, and you can get one book out at a time. You can also molle it to your pack if you like carrying it that way and not even have to open your pack for ammo. It's the best thing I'm aware of.
    Anyone have a picture of this binder they could post?

Anyone have a picture of this binder they could post?

This is the pack. He also makes single binders that hold 40 rounds which I also have. His stuff is absolutely excellent

Attachments

• 20221113_131150.jpg
      20221113_131150.jpg
      646.8 KB · Views: 145
    • 20221113_131202.jpg
      20221113_131202.jpg
      633.1 KB · Views: 145
    • 20221113_131209.jpg
      20221113_131209.jpg
      737.5 KB · Views: 144
    • 20221113_131227.jpg
      20221113_131227.jpg
      741.3 KB · Views: 143
    To me a plastic case just seems faster to load out of like just carrying a foamed out alpha munitions case. The bullet binder seems like it may be finicky when on time constraints
    Once you kind of learn how to put the rounds in so you can just grab em it's pretty quick. Also, you can go through and push all the ones you want to grab out a little then get them easy. It probably is a tiny bit slower than a foamed out plastic box but it's way easier to transport and it really isn't an issue to grab em and load a mag

Softcocks stuff is amazing in that he can take soft material, canvas, and give it structure that makes it appear to be a molded or machined item.

The 90 degree corners and straight lines are amazing in this sort of product.

Total attention to detail.

I use the Mtm 50 round ammo boxes for square range matches mostly. And I have the 120 round field pack that Softcock makes on here for field use.

I use TAB Gear SAC (Silent Ammo Carriers).

They have a low footprint, and you can easily fit a days worth of match ammo in one plus plenty of extras. There's a sleeve/compartment on the inside where you can keep empty brass separate from loaded ammo.

I bring two of them to a match, different colors so its easy for me to grab the correct one for day #2. They have Molle webbing as well, if you prefer to attach them to the outside of your pack.

Not really any bad way of carrying ammo, but keep in mind that the plastic boxes and ammo "binders" have a larger footprint than pouches such as the SAC's. This may or may not matter to you.

I use TAB Gear SAC (Silent Ammo Carriers).

They have a low footprint, and you can easily fit a days worth of match ammo in one plus plenty of extras. There's a sleeve/compartment on the inside where you can keep empty brass separate from loaded ammo.

I bring two of them to a match, different colors so its easy for me to grab the correct one for day #2. They have Molle webbing as well, if you prefer to attach them to the outside of your pack.

Not really any bad way of carrying ammo, but keep in mind that the plastic boxes and ammo "binders" have a larger footprint than pouches such as the SAC's. This may or may not matter to you.
    Appreciate the input. I did not think to look at tab for an option. They are nice and a good option.

Reactions: kthomas
    I use a bag similar to the Tab gear ones, plastic boxes are a pain in the arse (size and shape can be difficult to organise in your pack).

One day I'll upgrade to ammo wallets, the bags work fine but being able to quickly see that you have found all your brass would be a distinct advantage.