• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Prefit for Terminus Zeus QC

toxic

Private
Minuteman
Jun 8, 2014
Mansfield, OH
Going to be ordering a prefit from bugholes for a new QC Zeus build, I could use some help deciding on what to get though. Going to be a 6.5CM, 26" length, MTU/HV/Proof comp contour. I plan to shoot the 147eldm or the 144 or 153.5 berger lrht, I had planned originally to get a 7.5 twist for the heavies, but with talking to bugholes they say an 8 is perfect for a CM. I had an 8 before with a nuke build and I never had an issue with the 147s I shot. But I still feel like I want a 7.5 twist, thoughts?

Also which blank? They said they don't really have a preference or see much difference between the brands. They quoted an 8 twist HV Krieger and would have it in 3 weeks, kinda stuck on a bartlein blank though even though that will take 8 weeks. Joel is 12 weeks on the action so I have plenty of time to wait on the prefit.

Basically just wanting opinions on 7.5 vs 8 twist, and the different brand blanks. the kreiger they quoted is 4 groove and the bartlein is 5R, they have like 7 brands to choose from, I just am not sure which to get, or if there is one with a clear advantage. Looking to stay under $1000 with cerakote and muzzle threading.

My Bartlein from Bugholes took about 6 weeks, excluding shipping. Over your price target though, largely due to the Mod. BB blank.

Reactions: toxic
So as of now I think a 7.5 twist bartlein is the front runner. How do the other brands compare? I would love a BB blank, but it might be a bit more than I'm willing to spend. About $220 more?

if you're gonna spend money on cerakote then spend it on BB steel too
One and done was my thinking as well. 1:8tw for me though, I prefer 130gr projectiles and won’t be shooting heavier than factory 140gr or any monolithic projectiles.

I wanted a Bartlein barrel because I have experience with their barrels, so I found someone who had Mod BB blanks available. While there are plenty of other blanks available, if you want a particular thing you’ll always wonder what if.

I just got a couple Zeus prefits from TS Customs, took a week, Benchmark 26” mtu 1-8 for the 6.5 creed

You could shop around for a blank and send to Deep South Tactical. They just chambered a Zeus QC prefit for me. They have a special going on - $300 to chamber and thread muzzle.

A quick look shows Altus has some Bartlein blanks in stock. They also do prefits as well…

I was dead set and ready to place an order with @Front Range Precision , then while trying to cancel the order with PVA, Josh @bohem and I talked one night and got everything squared away and I’ve decided to continue with the osprey barrel from PVA.

I was dead set and ready to place an order with @Front Range Precision , then while trying to cancel the order with PVA, Josh @bohem and I talked one night and got everything squared away and I’ve decided to continue with the osprey barrel from PVA.
1645376910999.gif

I throw in another vote for the proof prefits for the money you won’t beat them. Iv got a 6 and 223 and both are hammers .3 or better

What issue did you have? I have had a barrel on order since July and keep getting a runaround. I was told this week that my order would be chambered Thursday or Friday. It did not ship and I didn't hear back on an email I sent early Friday. I really like PVA/Josh and am a huge advocate of his Jet Blast/Jet4 muzzle brake. Literally, everyone I talk to, I push that product on (as well as who to choose for prefits). However, I am getting a bad taste in my mouth with this experience...

If I was not geared up to reload 22BR I would cancel the order and just stick with Proof prefit options through @Front Range Precision.

What issue did you have? I have had a barrel on order since July and keep getting a runaround. I was told this week that my order would be chambered Thursday or Friday. It did not ship and I didn't hear back on an email I sent early Friday. I really like PVA/Josh and am a huge advocate of his Jet Blast/Jet4 muzzle brake. Literally, everyone I talk to, I push that product on (as well as who to choose for prefits). However, I am getting a bad taste in my mouth with this experience...

If I was not geared up to reload 22BR I would cancel the order and just stick with Proof prefit options through @Front Range Precision.
sent PM

Reactions: S3th
How long of a wait total for the action and how accurate was his quoted time? I was quoted 12 weeks.

It was 4-6 weeks when i ordered. Currently waited 12 weeks so far. Some day soon! Hell i may even be able to afford an optic at this point.

Attachments

• EFEC010A-A213-4C9B-A0F5-2BE1DFE6E0B0.jpeg
    EFEC010A-A213-4C9B-A0F5-2BE1DFE6E0B0.jpeg
    567 KB · Views: 59
My 6.5cm Bartlein barrel from Southern Precision took almost 8 weeks to the day to be chambered. Got it last week.

My 6.5cm Bartlein barrel from Southern Precision took almost 8 weeks to the day to be chambered. Got it last week.
PVA was about the same time. Got mine a week or 2 ago, think it was 8-9 weeks. Joel told me 2 weeks ago he was gonna be invoicing for Zeus actions, yet to get one though. That’s all I’m waiting on still

PVA was about the same time. Got mine a week or 2 ago, think it was 8-9 weeks. Joel told me 2 weeks ago he was gonna be invoicing for Zeus actions, yet to get one though. That’s all I’m waiting on still

I'm happy with Joel and product but I got told 2 weeks out 4 times before it showed up, I would just let the poor guy work and it shows up when it shows up. Delivery estimates are not his strength I'm afraid to say.