• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Premeir Reticles

Chiller

Minuteman
  • Dec 18, 2008
    Sole resident of Mt. Crumpit.
    I would like to hear other peoples opinons on Premeir Reticles Gen II vs XL

where does one begin to have the upper hand? Are both field/comp reticles?

Would love to hear your input?

Re: Premeir Reticles

Hugh, The XL just has more elevation holdover. So don't see why that wouldn't be more sought after than the straight Gen II.
    As far as the Premier reticles are concered, the Gen II XR is the one to have IMO.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would like to hear other peoples opinons on Premeir Reticles Gen II vs XL</div></div>Print out the reticle diagrams and look at the thickness of the reticles - important for an FFP scope.

Per Jerry R: "All Gen 2 XRs in the 3-15s are currently and have always been .04 mil. The XRs in the Heritage 5-25 will be .025 mil which is what everyone is used to seeing."

The XR has additional hold-over points, thinner wires, hash marks, and windage marks for holdovers; I like it for range use at 25x in the big SB scope.

But I prefer the .2 Mil dot: It makes it easy to parse the Mil. The XL is more suited to practical work, ideal at 12x, in the 4-16x or 3-12x.

The little bitty mildots are the turn off for me, that and having "+"s at the 1/2mil for holdovers.....

I did look through Frank's

I am trying to figure if in a multiple engagment if the XL has the benefit. In a crazy steel match (timed at multiple distances) do the extra hold start to shine?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I did look through Frank's

I am trying to figure if in a multiple engagment if the XL has the benefit. In a crazy steel match (timed at multiple distances) do the extra hold start to shine?</div></div>

He asked about the Gen II vs the XL. Everyone else seems to be talking about the XR.

Only difference, AFAIK, between the Gen II and the XL is that the XL has the dots illuminated and the Gen II just has the center cross.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The little bitty mildots are the turn off for me, that and having "+"s at the 1/2mil for holdovers..... </div></div>

+1..... Also the fact that dots turn to hash marks on the lower vertical.