• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Premier 5-25 or Vortex Razor 5-20 for .50BMG?

Sniper6

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 23, 2006
Elko, Nevada
I am about two months from pulling the trigger on a new scope. The scope I end up choosing will be going on a new .50 BMG project I am working on.

I have shot out to 2K with the .50 I have now. It does OK to about 1 mile after that my groups open up and the optical clarity of my 16X scope becomes a big limitation.

First I am going to attempt to set up a new .50 that shoots moa or better . I want to put a 50moa base on it and top it with a scope that has a lot of internal adjustment.

I have been checking out the Premier 5-25X56 double turn gen X2.

It is advertised with 30 Mrad/103moa adjustment and 3.54” eye relief.

The elevation knob will cover 27 in only 2 turns, I like that!
5-25x56dt-indicatorturned.jpg

I got a 3-15X50 Premier from Liberty Optics last year and I absolutely love that scope.
grin.gif

DSCN3321.jpg

DSCN3267-1.jpg

Now I herd that Premier was having problems getting the 5-25s out for some reason and on top of that they are $2800.00 to $3000.00 if I can find one in two months.

The second scope I have been checking out is that new Vortex Razor 5-20X50 EBR-2, it is advertised With 36 Mrad adjustment and 3.9” eye relief.
Vortex_Razor_HD_Rifle_Scope1.jpg

The vortex seems really new and besides LL’s review, I have only seen a couple of other reviews on it. Everyone seem to say it is a good scope. I don’t know?

I have looked at the turret markings and I question if the turret can be turned from top to bottom so I can use a lot of the adjustment or if the stop will not let me do that?
1z3qdkn.jpg

The razor is listed at $2000.00 , I can get a lot of reloading supplies for that extra 800 -1000 bucks.

I want to hear Vortex Razor users speak up here!.I need input
on how well you are liking them.
I need a lot of internal adjustment., decent eye relief , a simple turret system , hold up to the .50 bmg and ME for many years to come.

I need good glass that returns and holds zero all the time. I really don’t want to spend over $2500 if its not necessary, I could go as high as 3200 but I would squirm a little.

I have looked at thr S&B 5-25 but I like the Premier turrets personally.

What do you say, Vortex Razor or Premier Heritage for long range .50BMG ?

Re: Premier 5-25 or Vortex Razor 5-20 for .50BMG?

if it were me, i would take the Razor

dont forget though Nightforce is supposed to be coming out with a higher mag scope at shot it might be worth looking in to.

with all the talk about premier i would buy the 25 schmidt before i bought the premier, i prefer the schmidt and bender clicks myself

I dont konw how much adjustment the S&B 5-25 or 12-50 has?

This new Nightforce, do you know if it has more adjustment or a larger tube?

Eye relief would be a big thing for me if it was being put on a 50 BMG.

I think I found it. 100moa or 96mrad for the S&B 5-25. 65moa for the 12-50 , that is not for sure.

Yes I have been keeping eye relief high on the list. My father-inlaw got smacked in the head with my 16X and it cut him open pretty good. Oh I forgot, that was on fathersday LOL.

I would go Vortex if it were me. More adjustment as mentioned and the 100% no fault warranty would be nice on a 50bmg. You can find the Vortex with rings for right about $2,000 from the hide vendors, for that price it has the most benefits and features of any of them.

The Nightforce could be interesting, but probably not available in 2 months when you want it, who knows. The Premier issues you mentioned would also concern me as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would go Vortex if it were me. More adjustment as mentioned and the 100% no fault warranty would be nice on a 50bmg. You can find the Vortex with rings for right about $2,000 from the hide vendors, for that price it has the most benefits and features of any of them.

The Nightforce could be interesting, but probably not available in 2 months when you want it, who knows. The Premier issues you mentioned would also concern me as well. </div></div>

Thanks for your input <span style="font-weight: bold">jasonk</span> , The Vortex looks like a hell of a nice scope for the price. I am always a little skeptical of new scopes until a few people put them through test and real world abuse.
I didn’t realize the Vortex had a no fault Warranty. That is a big plus for me.

I'm going to get a Razor myself in the next month or so, remind me and I'll give you the full review on it, including a comparison to a Hensoldt and S&B.

http://www.vortextactical.com/content/vip_warranty

Repair or replace your Vortex product for any reason at NO CHARGE TO YOU. It doesn't matter how it happened, whose fault it was, or where you purchased it.

•Unlimited lifetime Warranty
•Fully transferable
•No warranty card to fill out
•No receipt needed to hang on to

If you ever have a problem, no matter the cause, we promise to take care of you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm going to get a Razor myself in the next month or so, remind me and I'll give you the full review on it, including a comparison to a Hensoldt and S&B.

Repair or replace your Vortex product for any reason at NO CHARGE TO YOU. It doesn't matter how it happened, whose fault it was, or where you purchased it.

•Fully transferable

If you ever have a problem, no matter the cause, we promise to take care of you.
</div></div>

Thanks , I will be taking you up on that review.
I do like that Warranty a lot.

Eye relief with the Razor should not be a concern. I have been impressed with my Razor so far, and really like the features that you get for the price that you pay. I would prefer a single turn elevation knob, but I think that the rock solid zero stop makes up for it and then some. Zeroing the scope and setting the zero stop was a piece of cake, and the scope tracks as it should according to my testing.

The fit and finish are very nice, the glass is nice and clear,the features are there, and the warranty is outstanding. I'm glad I bought mine.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm going to get a Razor myself in the next month or so, remind me and I'll give you the full review on it, including a comparison to a Hensoldt and S&B.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Repair or replace your Vortex product for any reason at NO CHARGE TO YOU. It doesn't matter how it happened, whose fault it was, or where you purchased it.

•Fully transferable

If you ever have a problem, no matter the cause, we promise to take care of you.</span> </div></div>

this alone would steer me to the Vortex, and since the "Nunya" to dollar exchange rate has increased and 5-25s wont be availible for some time id rock a Vortex

Something else that peaked my interest on the Razor and may interest you in the 50bmg. When you set you zero and the zero stops, it appears that you remove the "clicker" part of the turret, meaning that you don't have to go one click up or down, you could technically go 1/2 of a click (since setting the zero is a smooth adjustment).

So, if you're zeroing the 50 at 300 yards at you're right in between clicks (1 click equals about an inch at 300 yards) for where you want the zero to be, you don't have to settle for being a little bit high or a little bit low. The smooth zeroing feature lets you make that really fine tweak.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JPipes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Eye relief with the Razor should not be a concern. I have been impressed with my Razor so far, and really like the features that you get for the price that you pay. I would prefer a single turn elevation knob, but I think that the rock solid zero stop makes up for it and then some. Zeroing the scope and setting the zero stop was a piece of cake, and the scope tracks as it should according to my testing.

The fit and finish are very nice, the glass is nice and clear,the features are there, and the warranty is outstanding. I'm glad I bought mine. </div></div>

Oh good a Vortex Owner!
After you get your Zero stop set, Can you dial up more than 2 turns?

I know glass clarity is subject to the user but what is your opinion when you view small objecte at very long ranges?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm going to get a Razor myself in the next month or so, remind me and I'll give you the full review on it, including a comparison to a Hensoldt and S&B.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Repair or replace your Vortex product for any reason at NO CHARGE TO YOU. It doesn't matter how it happened, whose fault it was, or where you purchased it.

•Fully transferable

If you ever have a problem, no matter the cause, we promise to take care of you.</span> </div></div>

this alone would steer me to the Vortex, and since the "Nunya" to dollar exchange rate has increased and 5-25s wont be availible for some time id rock a Vortex </div></div>

I am starting to lean that way <span style="font-weight: bold">deadly0311</span>, the more info I get from you guys

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Something else that peaked my interest on the Razor and may interest you in the 50bmg. When you set you zero and the zero stops, it appears that you remove the "clicker" part of the turret, meaning that you don't have to go one click up or down, <span style="font-weight: bold">you could technically go 1/2 of a click (since setting the zero is a smooth adjustment).</span>

So, if you're zeroing the 50 at 300 yards at you're right in between clicks (1 click equals about an inch at 300 yards) for where you want the zero to be, you don't have to settle for being a little bit high or a little bit low. The smooth zeroing feature lets you make that really fine tweak. </div></div>

I have had times that I could have used this.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sniper6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have had times that I could have used this.</div></div>

Me too. I know it doesn't matter for shooting human sized targets, but I'm no operator, just a play shooter. It bugs me when the holes aren't right in the middle of the bullseye. However, often times it has nothing to do with the scope
smile.gif

What is the deal with Premier? Are they having problems, does anyone know?

If it was me I would keep an eye on the for sale section and when a ph pops up in the 2200-2300 range (one just sold around there)in good shape I would buy it. If you do not find one in the next two months then I would buy the razor because I do not think you get $800+ more value in the ph compared to th razor.

Times are tough now and people who think they would never sell their ph might end up in a place where they need money and if you have cash in hand you can get a good deal on a great scope.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shooting4life</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If it was me I would keep an eye on the for sale section and when a ph pops up in the 2200-2300 range (one just sold around there)in good shape I would buy it. If you do not find one in the next two months then I would buy the razor because <span style="font-weight: bold">I do not think you get $800+ more value in the ph compared to th razor.</span>
Times are tough now and people who think they would never sell their ph might end up in a place where they need money and if you have cash in hand you can get a good deal on a great scope. </div></div>

That is good to know you feel that way <span style="font-weight: bold">shooting4life</span>. I do need to keep a closer eye on the For Sale Items for a Vortex or Premier.

I love my premier 5x25 but I highly doubt that I would pay an additional 800 to 1k to get another one. At that price, you are looking smack dab at a hensoldt. I don't think that you are getting that much extra if anything for that amount of coin. My premier is better than anything I have and I have some other zeiss's and high end scope but with the additional amount of coin, there are diminishing returns. I just think that premier saw its products sell with regularity and figured they might as well increase their prices to get a little closer to the other high cost glass... ie s and b and hensoldt.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sniper6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is the deal with Premier? Are they having problems, does anyone know? </div></div>

There is a metric ton of rumour that abounds about this company and basically they don't help themselves in the way they handle it. However, from the dealers that I've spoken to - both with good reps here - they say that there is a very high level of customer satisfaction with the scopes. There are a lot of personal agendas being played on this forum - pro and con and both with good reason it seems, but in the end, I based my decision to keep my scope on the dealers and what they told me.

It would have been infinitely preferable for Premier to break the news of the supply issue themselves rather than through a 3rd party but then, that's public relations, not product failure.

Spent some time on the New Vortex site. This scope looks better and better the more I read about it.

This is interesting!
<span style="font-weight: bold">Provides low-friction, wear-resistant performance: precision-machined from a silicon-brass alloy and treated with an advanced dry-film lubricant. Turret screw threads are ultra-precision machined to sub-2 micron tolerances (less than 78-millionths of an inch). Ultra-smooth operation and adjustments.</span>

Have 2 of the 5 x 25 premiers and love them .CCW repairs and customer service are great . guarenteed to who ever owns it not just the original owner, free upgrades " i just got 2 sets of new clickers"
Bill

<span style="font-weight: bold">EventHorizon</span> and <span style="font-weight: bold">rundm </span>You both have good comments, I need to dig deeper and look at some other options as well as maybe contact each manufacturer so I can come up with my own opinion of them.
Yes I need to take a deeper look at S&B also.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bill Stoffels</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have 2 of the 5 x 25 premiers and love them .CCW repairs and customer service are great . guarenteed to who ever owns it not just the original owner, free upgrades " i just got 2 sets of new clickers"
Bill </div></div>

Good to hear a happy Premier 5-25 owner chime in here!
I love my 3-15X50 also, I got an Elk with it last year and have been happy with it's function. I hope a scope this good dosent go away.

I need to go to town, I will return this after noon. Please chime in here and leave me your opinions or PM me if you want.
Thanks!

The Razor intrigues me more and more. For the price and features, I would consider it over the S&B and PH right now. The warranty sounds perfect...because everything can break, even S&B...this I know.

You will be happy with either. Haven't gotten a chance to play around with the Vortex yet, but from everything I have heard, it's a good scope. I was on the fence last year on which scope to buy until Tburkes put on the scope comparison test. I saw the PH 5-25x56 and I knew I had to have it. I couldn't be happier with mine.

IMO customer service should be a moot point. Just about all the manufacturers have great CS... cept for maybe IOR and some cases with Leupold. I was messing around one day trying to see what battery was in my Premier and scratch the cover and Premier sent me a new cover, no questions asked. I was going to pay for it since it was my own screw up. I also have the clicks upgraded as well on my scope. Even though I think the clicks are much better then 99% of the scopes on the market, only ones better that I have felt so far is a 5-25x56 S&B PMII and the 3-12x50 S&B SDSS scope.

I would also look into NF. They probably make the best all around scope for the money.

I have a PRH 3-15. If it were me buying a scope for a 50 it would be the Razor.

Any of the scopes would have been better than I need. After much reading and realizing that I have 45+ year old eyes I went with what had been spoken well of and what would give me the satisfaction whether I was shooting or just appreciating workmanship. Now that "they" have arrived I couldn't be happier. Two S&B PMII 4-16x50 P4 fine lit Ret Cm. Best to on your search! Anthony

I have a new Razor on my TRG. I am still working it out on the range. What surprised me the most was that it comes with a lot of nice features that I like. It was super easy to use the zero stop and it is spot on with tracking. Still trying it out, but not like LL did in his video. More to come on this.

The Vortex is very nice scope. I have seen the prototype and I was not all that impressed. The Premier to me was much nicer scope. We plan on sealing the Vortex down the road. Another scope that you may what to look would be the NEW Nightforce 5.5-22x50mm.

Thanks for your time,

I got to see the video review you posted <span style="font-weight: bold">CSTactical</span>
GOOD stuff , Thanks!

<span style="font-weight: bold">8up</span>,Glad to hear another happy Vortex user here.I was really leaning that way and now I got reading up on this S&B and I just dont know. Flip a coin??

I have been doing a little more research and Now I am even more unsure of what to choose.
I really read up on the S&B and it does sound like one hell of a scope.It is about $3400 though.

5-25 x 56 Police Marksman II LP
True 2000-meter capability. Unlike most long-range variables that offer only a 4x magnification multiple, the 5-25 x 56 provides a full 5x and a wider field of view. Parallax adjustment in a separate turret, completely adjustable from 10 meters to infinity.

The illuminated reticle has 11 graduated settings offering precise control relative to ambient light. The scope includes Schmidt & Bender's unique color-coded "Double Turn" elevation knob that gives the shooter instant reference to where the elevation is set. The entire 100-minute adjustment range can be covered in just two turns of the knob. The user will never become "lost" within the adjustment range.

The 5–25 x 56 is offered with 56 MOA of 1/4 MOA clicks, or 273cm (93 MOA) of 1cm clicks. Your choice of P3 or P4 reticles. Specifications

800px-Schmidt__Bender_5-25x56_PM_II.jpg

I have not checked into the Hensolt yet.

Yah, I just looked at some of the Hensoldt prices
shocked.gif
, Are the really $300 better than the S&B?
6-24X56
3302979001.jpg

I don’t think I am even going to go that rout. I want to stay under the 3K range.
Im sure they are great scopes but that is more than I am willing to go.

Vortex Viper HD 5-20 and Vortex is a great company to boot. Premier not so much, ill bow out of that comment and conversation. SB greats scopes but not my cup of tea. Hensoldt, i can only dream. Are you dead set on FFP scopes? If not why not look at the NF 5.5-22 in whatever setup you want, save some money, and buy components to feed whatever you are shootin?

Just buy a USO and be done with it!
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just buy a USO and be done with it!
laugh.gif
</div></div>

A SN9 10-40 with all the goodies!
grin.gif
That would be nice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Vortex Viper HD 5-20 and Vortex is a great company to boot. Premier not so much, ill bow out of that comment and conversation. SB greats scopes but not my cup of tea. Hensoldt, i can only dream. Are you dead set on FFP scopes? If not why not look at the NF 5.5-22 in whatever setup you want, save some money, and buy components to feed whatever you are shootin? </div></div>

Yes I want the FFP, illumination , large tube for a lot of adjustment, Zero stop and good eye relief.
There is no doubt NF is a good scope, I just don’t see one that beats the Vortex in offerings at a 2K price if you know what I mean.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sniper6</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Vortex Viper HD 5-20 and Vortex is a great company to boot. Premier not so much, ill bow out of that comment and conversation. SB greats scopes but not my cup of tea. Hensoldt, i can only dream. Are you dead set on FFP scopes? If not why not look at the NF 5.5-22 in whatever setup you want, save some money, and buy components to feed whatever you are shootin? </div></div>

Yes I want the FFP, illumination , large tube for a lot of adjustment, Zero stop and good eye relief.
There is no doubt NF is a good scope, I just don’t see one that beats the Vortex in offerings at a 2K price if you know what I mean.
</div></div>

I agree with you Austin NF makes a hell of a product and there are not many out there that can match their performance. You won't go wrong with a NF but, if you want glass that IMO is a touch better and features that for me, are better you will not find a better scope than the Razor, I've compared it directly to some very stiff competition ie; S&B 5-25x56 and NF 5.5-22x50 and to my eyes and another shooter the glass of the Razor and the SB were right there together you could pick out things in bad light as good if not better with the Razor than you could with the S&B. The lowlight performance of both the S&B and Razor were quite a bit better than the NF. So for my money I'm most definitely going the Vortex route. Sniper6, call Scott at liberty Optics his prices are the absolute best I've seen and his customer service can't be touched.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sniper6</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just buy a USO and be done with it!
laugh.gif
</div></div>

grin.gif
That would be nice. </div></div>

Your killing me here <span style="font-weight: bold">USMCj</span> SN9 has 235 total MOA travel wow! but it also cost $3500

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Vortex Viper HD 5-20 and Vortex is a great company to boot. Premier not so much, ill bow out of that comment and conversation. </div></div>

You can't just say that and not say why. Inquiring minds want to know.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hunter223</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sniper6</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Vortex Viper HD 5-20 and Vortex is a great company to boot. Premier not so much, ill bow out of that comment and conversation. SB greats scopes but not my cup of tea. Hensoldt, i can only dream. Are you dead set on FFP scopes? If not why not look at the NF 5.5-22 in whatever setup you want, save some money, and buy components to feed whatever you are shootin? </div></div>

</div></div>

I agree with you Austin NF makes a hell of a product and there are not many out there that can match their performance. You won't go wrong with a NF but, if you want glass that IMO is a touch better and features that for me, are better you will not find a better scope than the Razor, I've compared it directly to some very stiff competition ie; S&B 5-25x56 and NF 5.5-22x50 and to my eyes and another shooter the glass of the Razor and the SB were right there together you could pick out things in bad light as good if not better with the Razor than you could with the S&B. The lowlight performance of both the S&B and Razor were quite a bit better than the NF. So for my money I'm most definitely going the Vortex route. Sniper6, call Scott at liberty Optics his prices are the absolute best I've seen and his customer service can't be touched. </div></div>

Thanks for your first hand imput, this really does help me.
Thanks for the PM man.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sniper6</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sniper6</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just buy a USO and be done with it!
laugh.gif
</div></div>

grin.gif
That would be nice. </div></div>

Your killing me here <span style="font-weight: bold">USMCj</span> SN9 has 235 total MOA travel wow! but it also cost $3500 </div></div>

LOL! A SN3 with 35mm tube should have enough travel to meet your needs also.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Vortex Viper HD 5-20 and Vortex is a great company to boot. Premier not so much, ill bow out of that comment and conversation. </div></div>

You can't just say that and not say why. Inquiring minds want to know. </div></div>

PM me, ill let you know why i said it. id prefer not to turn this into a fan boy thread where all of PH fans come out and tell me how wrong i am and that never happened. (<span style="font-weight: bold">disclaimer</span> i did own a PH 5-25 so me talking blindy is out of the picture)

Both scopes will get the job done, but the 5-25 Heritage is a waiting game now and the Razor is in stock. While I like looking through the Heritage the best (nothing has changed from 2009 SHOT assessment), the Razor is a no holds barred combat-ready riflescope and is 50BMG ready to rock and roll. It's the finest combat precision riflescope ever made in Japan since I've been doing this, IMHO.

Scott

Between these two scopes it's not even a choice, I'd go with the Vortex. If you're looking to spend the $ in the range of the PH go for the S&B 5-25.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LibertyOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Both scopes will get the job done, but the 5-25 Heritage is a waiting game now and the Razor is in stock. While I like looking through the Heritage the best (nothing has changed from 2009 SHOT assessment), the Razor is a no holds barred combat-ready riflescope and is 50BMG ready to rock and roll. It's the finest combat precision riflescope ever made in Japan since I've been doing this, IMHO.

Scott
</div></div>

Its good to hear you say that about the Vortex <span style="font-weight: bold">Scott</span>. and I am glad to hear you have them in stock because if I decide to go that rout, I am calling you mister.
PS. I like the look of your new home page.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lizzardking308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Between these two scopes it's not even a choice, I'd go with the Vortex. If you're looking to spend the $ in the range of the PH go for the S&B 5-25. </div></div>

You know <span style="font-weight: bold">Lizzardking308</span> that is actually the decision I seem to be working my way into. Vortex or spend the extra $1200 and get the S&B.
I have a tough time going into the $3200 range for a rifle that I will most likely only shoot 150 times or less in a year.
My .308 and 300WSM are my real go to guns that get thousands of rounds a year through them.

Right now, after reading most of the day, I am to a Vortex Razor or S&B decision. I am leaning heavily toward the Vortex but the S&B looks like one hell of a good scope too.
Damn, LOL
confused.gif

After a lot of research and discussion with you guys I have decided to give the Vortex a try.
Based on features, adjustment, eye relief, reticule, warranty and price.
I am pretty sure the Vortex is going to be every thing I need and more. If I dont like it I will sell it and get the S&B.
Until I get the full amount of $$ needed I will keep an open mind and keep checking, the S&B is not completely out yet.
I started by wanting a PH and looking at a Vortex , to a choice between Vortex and S&B.
Unless something changes I am going with the Vortex.
<span style="font-weight: bold">Thanks to all of you for the PM’s and comments. </span>