• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Premier 5-25x56 MOA/MOA?

Re: Premier 5-25x56 MOA/MOA?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: propulsionclimbing</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do they make a 5-25x56 model with moa knobs and an moa reticle?</div></div>
Yes Sir, they do. In fact, the first one was just assembled last week, so you're right on time here.
wink.gif

The reticle features 1 MOA hashmarks and, as a special twist, 1/2 MOA marks that allow for very accurate holds/ranging on high power without cluttering your view on lower magnifications. The center crosshairs are 0.1 MOA in thickness (or 0.03 MIL, the Gen2XR is 0.025 MIL so it's comparable). Adjustments are 1/4 MOA.

Regards,

David

Here's a preview, we should have the "official" dimension sheet and hopefully some through the scope pics by next week. The main dimensions should be pretty self-explanatory anyway in a good reticle design.

The 1/2 MOA marks are formed by breaks in the lines that are as wide as the lines are thick (I like to call them "dashmarks"
grin.gif
). That way, you have a visual indication for every half MOA on high power, enabling precise holds or ranging down to 1/4 MOA, while on low power, the gaps will more or less disappear without detracting from the 1 MOA hashmarks.

It's a way to stretch the useful magnification range of a FFP reticle with very fine graduations. 1/2 MOA hashmarks would pretty much turn the whole reticle into a hairy mess below a certain power level, but here the fine marks just blend in with the line on low power without causing harm to the usefulness of the rest of the reticle. You can see the effect in the picture, the large view of the reticle did have the dashes in the CAD program too, but they disappeared when plotting the image. Only in the enlarged view of the center is the resolution high enough to display the dashes. Our eyes work in a very similar fashion, loosing small detail in a structure first. Once magnification starts getting too low to make use of the 1/2 MOA marks, they sort of just go away without causing further trouble.

MOA-ER-525-preview.jpg

That's the best-looking MOA reticle I've seen. I'd have to see one through a scope, though. I suspect the half-MOA marks may not have much practical value.

That is awesome! I will be purchasing one of the PH moa/moa scopes when they come out for sure now. All you mil/mil folks are gonna be missing out!

Wow. What a fantastic MOA reticle. Very cool.

David, you wouldn't happen to know if it would be in true MOA or shooters MOA would you?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brand692</div><div class="ubbcode-body">David, you wouldn't happen to know if it would be in true MOA or shooters MOA would you?</div></div>
It's "true" MOA as in 1/60 of a degree.

Regards,

David

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: David S.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
It's "true" MOA as in 1/60 of a degree.

Regards,

David</div></div>

Very smart move. Good looking reticle.

I put the first one together last Wednesday. It looks great.

Dave did a great job on the reticle. The illumination is great, nice sharp contrast with no bleeding around the edges.

I just need to run a few QC tests this week and give it the good to go and it will be for sale. We have fifty reticles for 5-25's in stock so I figure we will push a few out the door.

Paul

It looks like it is divided into 1moa marks not 1/2moa marks and form 40moa down it looks like it is divided into 2moa marks. I really like the look of the RET.

We will get some.

Mike @ CST

this is what ive been waiting for, what is the quickest way to get one of these?

<span style="color: #CC0000">Yes please with this!!! </span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: David S.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We should have the "official" dimension sheet and hopefully some through the scope pics by next week. </div></div>

The 1/2 moa markings are a great move. Most guys I know shooting 1000 yard comp dial base wind and then hold off for any changes with reticule. This beats guessing. I like the reticule a bunch. Might have to get one of my 5-25s changed over

Home Run Chris

There is growing interest in this setup, and the price to all authorized dealers is the same as the mil/mil version.

Still, my experience shows the mil/mil setup dominates sales. But, I think the moa versions of these tactical scopes will continue to grow over time.

Great job, as always, Premier!

Scott

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alpine 338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A MilRad based version of this reticle would be the cat's meow! </div></div>

I agree this would be a great MIL RET. The GEN II XR is still one of my favorite reticle on the market.

Mike @ CST