• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Premier Heritage 5-25x56 Gen 2 WHAT RINGS to use

Marriedman1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 15, 2009
Brandon Ms.
HEy guys what Rings are you using with the Premier? I will need something pretty sturdy going on my 375 Cheytac. What do you guys think?

Re: Premier Heritage 5-25x56 Gen 2 WHAT RINGS to use

Seekins Precision 34mm high rings. Plenty of gripping power. Got a set sitting and waiting for my Heritage. With the break on a 375 the recoil shouldn't be too bad.

Do you need a mount with cant or does your rail already have cant built in.

I have a set of Seekins high 34mm rings on a Rem 700 with a 30 min rail. I still have around .030 - .050 clearance between flip up and barrel. I have a Broughton 7.7 contour (thick !). You might be able to use Seekins low 34 mm rings but the highs should certainly work. I am using the Seekins rings on a 338LM and they are fine.

david

Sorry...I have a 40 MOA mount on the rifle and the barrel is still full contour at the scope point. So might need a HIGH?

Get the highs.

I like Badger and Seekins. I would recommend a 1.0" center height. I myself use the Badger USMC 34mm.

Mike @ CSGW

Re: Premier Heritage 5-25x56 Gen 2 WHAT RINGS to u

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BeagleStorm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you need a mount with cant or does your rail already have cant built in. </div></div>

do you mean MOA? We are talking about rings not scope base...

GLOWWORM,

I'm using the same rings as mike(badger USMC 1.00") for the premier on a surgeon remedy. It has a 30 MOA integral base and I have about an 1/8" of clearance between the objective and barrel(#10MTU). There's a tiny gap between the BC cover and the barrel. I would definitely go with the highs for your rifle.

468shot