• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Premier Heritage Sunshade?

J.Boney

Resident Sheepdog
Minuteman
May 10, 2006
NC - USA
Is there one that will fit? Premier does not list one on their site.

Re: Premier Heritage Sunshade?

Dfar is the only one I know who is selling ARD's that fit the Heritage scope. I don't know if he has any plain sunshades or not. I strongly urge you to get the ARD. They are USO made for S&B and fit the Heritage perfectly. I know he had 8 of the 50mm's as of yesterday. He has an ad in the commercial sales.

david

You can also just call USO and order one.

Bear in mind that you have to leave the little ring made for mounting the PR lens cap, the sunshade threads into it, but not into the scope if you unscrew that ring.

On the 3-15x50 PH... anybody know what killflash works best?

The tenebrax that I ordered from PR with mine was marked 50SB or something along those lines. An ARD for a 50mm Schmidt and Bender will work.

I have yet to find someone who will argue that the USO is not the best ARD available.

Ordered one of the USO S&B models from dfar on Fri. afternoon and had it today. CT to NC over the weekend is alright by me. Now if my Heritage will come on in I can use it...lol.

A realiable source told me this may be the lucky week to ship.

Ordered. Believe they had a few left. Very nice people to deal with on the phone. Should have it within a few days.

Now in the same shoes as Armed.. waiting on glass. (and a few other goodies, haha)

edit-

this is my first scoped precision rifle.... how will my factory scope covers work from my incoming PH to the ARD? Simple relocation?

Thanks.

The Premier lens covers won't work with the ARD, the finish ring on the Heritage has a lip that the cover snaps over which is not present on current sunshades and ARD's. You'll have to use a BC cover on the ARD.

To be honest, though, I prefer a BC front cap to the premier anyway. It seems to snap closed more positively and is MUCH lower profile, so I can mount the scope lower (like nearly a 1/4" lower.) Only thing against it is it doesn't flip open 270* like the premier cap, to which I say "So what?"

I do like the Premier ocular cap, though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hawk Gunner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">butler creek probably....
</div></div>

Thanks... I assume just get the 50mm one then. This is my first time having a scope worth an ard so a bit noob with it.

edit- anyone know which size to get? PH 3-15x50, USO shade/ard