• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Premier LT 3-15x50mm illumination question

Drifter™

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 8, 2009
North Carolina
Regarding the relatively new Premier Light Tactical 3-15x50mm scope, how bright is the illumination at its lowest setting?

With most scopes, I find that even at their lowest setting, the target is no longer visible when hunting in low light due to the reticle being too bright. How is it on the Premier LT, specifically with the Gen2 XR reticle?

While the illumination feature isn't overly costly on this scope, I can do without the added bulk, and also the adjustment knob's close proximity to the parallax knob if the illumination is so bright that I'll never use it.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Premier LT 3-15x50mm illumination question

You'll hardly find illumination that can be dimmed further than on the Premier scopes. The lowest setting is actually a little low in almost complete darkness, and it works well with gen 3 nightvision without causing the NV to step down the amplification. Usually setting no. 2 is as low as you'll need to go for lowlight use.

In short, the illumination is fully usable until total darkness. Maybe some others can report on their scopes. Heritage and Hunter/LT share the same optical and erector system, so the reticle including illumination will look the same in the Heritage 3-15x as in the Hunter/LT.