• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Premier Reticles Scope arrived from Liberty Optics

glock24

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Sep 14, 2006
    West Michigan
    I received my Premier Reticles 3-15x50mm Heritage scope from Scott on Friday. I chose the Gen 2 XR reticle and double turn knob.

This post won't differ from all the other ones you've read. I love this scope! I can't say enough about the glass, controls, and superior service from Liberty Optics! In an effort to be concise however;

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">Top 3</span></span>

- Glass quality
    - I was pleasantly surprised with the MTC option. I could easily adjust the elevation with my eyes closed and not even think about getting lost.
    - Zero Stop. This feature isn't really advertised, but the elevation knob stops 6 clicks below zero.

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">Only complaint</span></span>

- I'd feel better with some sort of yardage indicator on the parallax knob. I know they would only be approximate values, but something visual would eliminate my need to remember CW or CCW directions. I'll be calling PR and inquiring about their add-on.

Although I'm still waiting on the barrel, I mounted my new PR to my latest project in hopes of performing a comparison with my USO, and my buddies' Falcon and Burris XTR. We placed an arbitrary acuity scale @ 75 yards and attempted to read the smallest font on the scale with each scope. We did it once with all scopes set to the same exit pupil size (except the Burris, which was slightly larger) and we also did it again with all the scopes set @ 12x.

The weather conditions were perfect, clear and sunny. We should of done it again at dusk, but the beer run took priority. Maybe next time. These informal results showed the Premier is definitely on par with my USO. It was also interesting how well the Falcon performed, at least under these ideal conditions.

<span style="font-style: italic">(lens acuity scale)</span> (here)
    target_scale.jpg

<span style="font-style: italic">(results)</span>
    scopecomparisons.jpg

<span style="font-style: italic">(obligatory pics)</span>
    Picture010-6.jpg

Picture006-3.jpg

Re: Premier Reticles Scope arrived from Liberty Optics

Congratulations. Mine arrived from Scott on Saturday, unfortunately after I left for the range, so I won't be able to try it for a while.

I started to mount it and my torque wrench gave up the ghost. Sears Craftsman, but they won't give anything other than plain metal wrenches the old lifetime warranty - anything with actual moving parts is foreign made and has a 1 year warranty only. Not meaning to hijack this thread, I'll leave it here. But now I need to locate some feeler gauges and a wrench before Wednesday, or at least the gauges. Hard to have the rifle and the scope, and not use it....

Re: Premier Reticles Scope arrived from Liberty Op

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: glock24</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    - I'd feel better with some sort of yardage indicator on the parallax knob. I know they would only be approximate values, but something visual would eliminate my need to remember CW or CCW directions. I'll be calling PR and inquiring about their add-on.</div></div>

I'm still waiting for Scott to let me know my Heritage is in. In the meantime I've been thinking about the lack of graduations on the focus knob and I doubt I'll worry to much about it.

here's why: for a right handed shooter behind the scope will have his thumb follow the direction of bullet impact or focus depending on which knob is turned.

example: with left hand on focus knob rotate your thumb out (knob forward) to focus objects further away, and rotate thumb in (knob to rear) to focus on objects closer.

For elevation adjustment up your thumb will point further away as the knob turns CCW and for elevation down your thumb will rotate more towards you as the knob turns CW.

I hope this explanation makes sense. To me it seems the knobs on the heritage were designed to be almost instinctive. When mine arrives I'll get the chance to test it out in person.

LM

If you feel inclined to sell it Ill take it off your hands!
    smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kyshooter338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you feel inclined to sell it Ill take it off your hands!
    smile.gif
    </div></div>

Not a chance!

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #3366FF">Luvman</span></span> - the "thumb pointing method" makes sense to me. Thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kyshooter338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you feel inclined to sell it Ill take it off your hands!
    smile.gif
    </div></div>

When I get mine I'll let ya check mine out to see if you like the DT and gen2XR.....but it ain't for sale.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: glock24</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #3366FF">Luvman</span></span> - the "thumb pointing method" makes sense to me. Thanks.</div></div>

Yer Welcome,
    LM

<--- Sitting inside during a good rain storm at dusk with a USO and an S&B dry firing at objects 150 yrds away.........run the same test in shitty weather and failing light, bet there's a difference.....