• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Premier Reticles scope failure, who can fix?

If your scope needs any internal parts, tangent theta no longer has any parts inventory... So the scope is really only worth the trade in value at tangent if it was originally sold within their dealer network and it's covered under their warranty.

Minor issues that only need adjustments and don't need any premier specific replacement parts to correct might be able to be repaired by Iron Sight as mentioned above.

I've got a premier 5-25 with parallax issues that won't adjust past about 250y. Was going to trade it in with tangent until I found out it was a test and evaluation unit that someone never returned to premier after their review. I picked it up off the PX here in the time after premier went under but before tangent bought the assets so checking the serial number before purchasing wasn't even a concern at the time. It has zero trade in value with tangent since it was a former T&E loaner. So, I put it on a PCP air rifle where the 250y parallax limitation isn't an issue. At some point it will probably fail entirely, but it hasn't yet.

Since my scope would need new parts to repair iron sight couldn't help me, but contact them and see if they can help with yours.

He’s likely referring to the these folks
0AA16039-3949-4388-B791-0F42C6EDDBCA.jpeg

Paul Plange who use to run the Premiere service center is now at the S&B service center in Winchester.
He might be able to help you out somehow.

Paul Plange who use to run the Premiere service center is now at the S&B service center in Winchester.
He might be able to help you out somehow.
I spoke to him a couple years ago about repairing premier scopes and he stated he had no parts and was unable to work on them at the facility (he didn’t mention whether he’d do it on the side or not).

I spoke to him a couple years ago about repairing premier scopes and he stated he had no parts and was unable to work on them at the facility (he didn’t mention whether he’d do it on the side or not).

Yep.

IIRC when Tangent bought up all the Premier designs and assets they kept Paul on board for a while, but when they parted ways Paul had to send all the tooling and remaining spare parts inventory to Tangent.

By the time my 5-25 developed the parallax issue Paul was no longer with Tangent, no longer had any spare parts or tooling on hand, and was unable to help with any possible repairs and said to call Tangent... this was a couple years ago.

At this point if you have a premier and it develops any kind of problem that requires replacement parts, it's either good for a paperweight or as a trade in credit at tangent if it's covered by their warranty. Tangent owns the Premier IP, and now that the legacy spare parts inventory is gone they have no interest in making more replacement parts or servicing the old premier scopes anymore.

I'm sure a motivated person with the right abilities and equipment could reverse engineer and make replacement parts, but it would not be cost effective.

I've got 3 premier 5-25s and 1 3-15, and am keeping my fingers crossed no more of them develop issues. At least the remaining good 2 5-25s and the 3-15 are eligible for full trade in credit with Tangent. Just my luck that the 1 5-25 that died wasn't eligible for any sort of credit...

At least the remaining good 2 5-25s and the 3-15 are eligible for full trade in credit with Tangent.
I bought a 5-25 when they first came out. No problems yet but I haven't used it in years. How do I find out if it can be traded-in? Contact ATI?

I bought a 5-25 when they first came out. No problems yet but I haven't used it in years. How do I find out if it can be traded-in? Contact ATI?
Reach out to Crystal Turko at ATI with your scope’s serial and she will let you know if it’s covered. Generally, late (gen2) scopes are covered while earlier is hit and miss as many were bought directly from Preimer vs through an ATI vendor in their network

Yep.

IIRC when Tangent bought up all the Premier designs and assets they kept Paul on board for a while, but when they parted ways Paul had to send all the tooling and remaining spare parts inventory to Tangent.

By the time my 5-25 developed the parallax issue Paul was no longer with Tangent, no longer had any spare parts or tooling on hand, and was unable to help with any possible repairs and said to call Tangent... this was a couple years ago.

At this point if you have a premier and it develops any kind of problem that requires replacement parts, it's either good for a paperweight or as a trade in credit at tangent if it's covered by their warranty. Tangent owns the Premier IP, and now that the legacy spare parts inventory is gone they have no interest in making more replacement parts or servicing the old premier scopes anymore.

I'm sure a motivated person with the right abilities and equipment could reverse engineer and make replacement parts, but it would not be cost effective.

I've got 3 premier 5-25s and 1 3-15, and am keeping my fingers crossed no more of them develop issues. At least the remaining good 2 5-25s and the 3-15 are eligible for full trade in credit with Tangent. Just my luck that the 1 5-25 that died wasn't eligible for any sort of credit...
Man, that’s a bummer on your 5-25. I had two of those as well (one early, one late) and both functioned perfectly fine, glass was incredible but one was covered, the other wasn’t. I sold them both to avoid getting stuck with paperweights or something that I’d trade in but still be a good 2K or so away from a like-kind TT.

Reach out to Crystal Turko at ATI with your scope’s serial and she will let you know if it’s covered. Generally, late (gen2) scopes are covered while earlier is hit and miss as many were bought directly from Preimer vs through an ATI vendor in their network
Thanks. I bought from CSTactical