• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Premier Reticles ????

NOLA

Private
Minuteman
Feb 8, 2009
New Orleans, LA
Anyone have any experience with the Premier scopes? Opinions on this or go with a night force, S&B or Zeis for long range??

Re: Premier Reticles ????

Search and you will find plenty.

xq0478.jpg

Shoot Scott at liberty optics a PM. I dont think you can go wrong with the Premier....

I have look through both models and they seem to be on par with S&B or Zeiss. Very nice and clear. The 5-25 when brought up in magnification does not tunnel down on the sides like a 5-25 S&B.That was pointed out to me by a friend, I never noticed it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NOLA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thanks for the info hawk and nutt </div></div>

Bro- The one you should be thanking is Tigerbikes. He gave you TRULY useful info. Give a man a fish he eats for a day, teach a man to fish he eats for life.

Hell no you dont.... He just showed you the means to spend countless hours in front of your computer going through the vast knowledge on this site. You will now become less productive at work and home..
laugh.gif

WOW! I bow down at the feet of the master. You are truly wise!!!

I would have but no knowledge is gathered from the 15 posts of information....... now there is 24. I guess if I just searched there would be no need for interaction in this community.

I find myself searching and reading A LOT more than posting...

Vast knowledge is available here if you know how to find it...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NOLA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would have but no knowledge is gathered from the 15 pages of information....... now there is 24. </div></div>

I doubt that there wasn't anything to be learned in all the posts on the Premier scopes.

You should be reading those and getting the info and only then if you don't find the answers you want post on it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NOLA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would have but no knowledge is gathered from the 15 pages of information....... now there is 24. I guess if I just searched there would be no need for interaction in this community. </div></div>

Message boards are like double dutch. You need to get in tune with the information that is considered widely available before hopping in. Here, veterans expect noobies to have exhausted search before asking a question. They also expect you to fill out your profile. If you search enough before posting, then you discover these things.

I was on here a couple of months before posting... I am still a noobie, but I don't get laughed out of a thread because I have enough basic knowledge to make a contribution.

High standards, I will say, but this is the greatest resource for precision rifles and advanced markmanship on the net.

Back to the original topic, PR is new to making their own scopes, though they have been distributors and servicers of S&B and Leupold for years. If you go to their website, you will find that the founder, Bob Thomas, was a master lens maker for the Navy. PR invented the Gen II reticle, which is now in use by military and LE snipers. The company is now owned by the 3rd generation of Thomases, Chris. He responded to an e-mail of mine at 7pm on a Friday in about an hour... obviously, customer service is top notch.

I have not seen their scopes, but everyone who has seem to be blown away by the optical quality (a notch better than S&B, if that is possible) as well as field function (the tool-less re-zero capability, hard clicks every mil, soft clicks every tenth of a mil). Their first iteration featured turrets that were single turn, but people complained that they offered too much travel in the single turn making the clicks spaced too closely together. They quickly introduced a double turn with a button that pops out to indicate which turn you are on.

They have two models out, a 3-15X50mm and a 5-25X56mm (coming in late spring / early summer). These will retail for about $2600 or so.

That should just about cover it. I pre-ordered the 5-25X. I expect to be blown away.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NOLA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would have but no knowledge is gathered from the 15 pages of information....... now there is 24. I guess if I just searched there would be no need for interaction in this community. </div></div>

If you truly couldn't find anything to learn in all that has already been discussed in multiple threads here over the last 6-12 months then this community clearly has nothing to offer someone of your experience and knowledge. Conversely, asking a banal, open-ended question about a topic that has been discussed extensively already and which the community has already combined to spend countless hours typing in information about does NOT count as interaction with the community.

Geez, I'm in a bad mood tonight. I'm going to bed. Maybe when I wake up in the morning, the world will have fixed itself.

Oh, and the scopes are nice. I like mine quite a bit.

Can't talk about Premier scopes, but I can talk about Premier reticles. These guys will go above and beyond for their customers. No BS, they will be up front about everything (ex: hey guys, single turn didn't work for all, I'll give a free upgrade to Double turn). These guys know scopes. I can't afford another one of their scopes right now (currently own a S&B by them), but would not be upset by giving them more cash. The guys there are going to work with you through any issues you might have. If you have the cash, I'd either go with them or US Optics for the CS.
Hope this may help a bit more than the search.
Chad

Considering the quantity of nut people have shot all over the various threads in this section of the forum about the Premier Heritage 3-18x and 5-25x, it should be relatively easy to find info on them. It's kind of like asking, "hey, anyone here ever heard of Surgeon Rifles or GA Precision?" I've never had the pleasure of seeing a Premier, but from all indications they are the real deal and then some.

Look for Lowlight's postings about them. He is over at Rifle's Only and has run them pretty hard and had them come out smelling like roses.