• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Premier Reticles

brianlangeliers

Private
Minuteman
Feb 26, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Simple Question... how comparable are premier reticles to other top name scopes such as USO, and S&B. I have used both of those quite extensively, but I have zero knowledge of a Premier. I know the Corps uses them now, so they cant suck... whats the scoop.

Re: Premier Reticles

From a structural standpoint, I think they are as good as S&B, and better than USO. I like the ergonomics of the Premier scopes more. The glass is on par with S&B. The XR reticle is my favorite reticle.

The big knock on Premier seems to be their approach to people. They seem a little arrogant in some of their responses and really pissed off a bunch of people with how they treated Liberty Optics.

(I own 4 Premiers, 3 S&Bs, 2 USOs and an IOR. So, I'm speaking from first hand on and not hearsay.)

CWJ

I have spoken to Paul from PR twice. Because of the way both those conversations were handled, I will gladly give PR first look on any future purchases.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mescalito</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have spoken to Paul from PR twice. Because of the way both those conversations were handled, I will gladly give PR first look on any future purchases. </div></div>

Premier (and Paul) has gone above and beyond to help me, and the optic is incredible. Their customer service has always been stellar.

(ETA - Never had a problem with the optic, but I wanted some extra parts to make my own BDC turrets, and they set me up easily...).

+1 for Paul and Premier. Their CS is first rate. The scopes have phenomenal glass and just about every feature you could want. Downside is the Heritage are heavy.

Quite a few failures lately, and have a less than stellar reputation with moral and legal issues. Leupold saw it long before we did, but its all coming out in the wash now.

Buy from a company who supports their dealers as much as their customers, like S&B, Hensolt, or USO.

Far better value for money elsewhere.

Chris

Really? lets hear about the failures,,,

I've had nothing but excellent experiences when dealing with Premier scopes and the people behind them. I've owned 3, and can't reccomend them highly enough.

My Premier has been great, and I trust if there is an issue with my scope it will be taken care of ASAP, I am one of the people who got scope for a smokin deal, but I would gladly pay MAP for it.

I own a PH, SB, NF, USO, and MK4.

PH is tied with the SB for favorites.

I'veused the heritage and the old milspec Schmidt I've seen bubbles start to developed in the lens coating in temperatures around 90 to 100 degrees. Not a fan of how big the turrets are compared to the Schmidt the clicks are more finite so that bugs me do to being a big fan if the Schmidt

The heritage is nice but it must have been a bad batch of coating on the lenses

I have two PR scopes, the 3-15 and 5-25. When I was shopping for a scope last year, I hit up PR and Chris from PR contacted with directly with answers to some really technical questions I have. I am very happy with their CS.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Crnkin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Quite a few failures lately, and have a less than stellar reputation with moral and legal issues. Leupold saw it long before we did, but its all coming out in the wash now.

Buy from a company who supports their dealers as much as their customers, like S&B, Hensolt, or USO.

Far better value for money elsewhere.

Chris </div></div>

Can you elaborate on the actual failures? Without details...

ETA: Still waiting...

I just picked up my 2nd PH 5-25x. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone. They are great scopes and I wish I could afford more of them!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BX1129</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have two PR scopes, the 3-15 and 5-25. When I was shopping for a scope last year, I hit up PR and Chris from PR contacted with directly with answers to some really technical questions I have. I am very happy with their CS.</div></div>

I had a similar experience when shopping for my PH. Chris responded very promptly to all my questions. Their CS seemed top notch to me.

I run a 3-15 on my match rifle now, it is everything you would expect from PR. I have owned many S&Bs and USOs, I'll tell you they are all top shelf optics all all have their own unique features and fantastic glass. Everytime I am in the market for another optic, I look at what I am trying to do with it and what features are required, but the fact is when you get into the USO/S&B/PR arena, I don't think any one stomps the competition.

Ask 10 of your closest friends which truck they prefer, Dodge, Ford or Chevy and see what they say, same response you will get here, and many will be from people that don't have any experience with any of them.

Kirk R