• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Premier scope repair - option for non-warranty scopes - Iron Sight Inc

jbailey

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 27, 2010
Arlington VA
Guys,
I have found and can recommend a repair option for owners of Premier scopes that are not covered by the Theta Tangent warranty: Iron Sight, Inc, run by Mike Sexton, out of Tulsa OK.

Iron Sight will not be able to repair all problems, especially if it requires a new part, but they can do a good bit. They are very fast (2 business days for me, including mail!) at great price. They repair a bunch of other old scopes that are no longer supported by the OEM. They might be able to prevent your Premier from becoming a very nice paper weight. Give Mike a call or email! Two thumbs up.

BACKSTORY for those that like stories.
I have 3 Premiers, all of them owned and used for 7+ years. They are great optics and have served me very well thru years of hard use in rain, snow, mud, training classes, matches, drops, etc. Obviously, I was very worried when the warranty was removed but decided to continue to run the scopes as usual, and if they broke, try and repair, and if not possible, get something else. This worked well until it didn't.

Recently, I was in MT, doing some early winter ELR shooting with one of my 5-25x56mm. It was cold, windy, snowing and my hands were blocks of ice. I went to rezero the elevation knob with the tool-less lever - loosen, change zero, then re-tighten. While tightening, I think I over-tightened it and on closing the lever, I heard a 'snap' and the screw holding the lever broke at the top. I have rezeroed countless times, but I wasn't thinking clearly with the cold eating me up. I continued to use the scope in MT, with some worry.

Returning home, I checked the scope and it would not re-set the zero. I called Theta Tangent and the scope, bought from CS Tactical, was not covered. They offered me $1k off a new scope ($4.7k less $1k still isn't worth it IMO). They also were nice to send me a new lever to replace the busted screw, but this didn't repair the problem. I left the scope on the shelf and started to think about life beyond the Premier, without a lot of joy.

Then I heard from a buddy, @Hogstooth , that he had used Iron Sight to check out a Premier. I called Mike and a week later, the scope is repaired and 100% operational, for $100 expense.

So now I have at least an option to get a busted Premier back into service. Hopefully this helps someone else here on the Hide too.

Guys,
I have found and can recommend a repair option for owners of Premier scopes that are not covered by the Theta Tangent warranty: Iron Sight, Inc, run by Mike Sexton, out of Tulsa OK.

Iron Sight will not be able to repair all problems, especially if it requires a new part, but they can do a good bit. They are very fast (2 business days for me, including mail!) at great price. They repair a bunch of other old scopes that are no longer supported by the OEM. They might be able to prevent your Premier from becoming a very nice paper weight. Give Mike a call or email! Two thumbs up.

BACKSTORY for those that like stories.
I have 3 Premiers, all of them owned and used for 7+ years. They are great optics and have served me very well thru years of hard use in rain, snow, mud, training classes, matches, drops, etc. Obviously, I was very worried when the warranty was removed but decided to continue to run the scopes as usual, and if they broke, try and repair, and if not possible, get something else. This worked well until it didn't.

Recently, I was in MT, doing some early winter ELR shooting with one of my 5-25x56mm. It was cold, windy, snowing and my hands were blocks of ice. I went to rezero the elevation knob with the tool-less lever - loosen, change zero, then re-tighten. While tightening, I think I over-tightened it and on closing the lever, I heard a 'snap' and the screw holding the lever broke at the top. I have rezeroed countless times, but I wasn't thinking clearly with the cold eating me up. I continued to use the scope in MT, with some worry.

Returning home, I checked the scope and it would not re-set the zero. I called Theta Tangent and the scope, bought from CS Tactical, was not covered. They offered me $1k off a new scope ($4.7k less $1k still isn't worth it IMO). They also were nice to send me a new lever to replace the busted screw, but this didn't repair the problem. I left the scope on the shelf and started to think about life beyond the Premier, without a lot of joy.

Then I heard from a buddy, @Hogstooth , that he had used Iron Sight to check out a Premier. I called Mike and a week later, the scope is repaired and 100% operational, for $100 expense.

So now I have at least an option to get a busted Premier back into service. Hopefully this helps someone else here on the Hide too.
That is very helpful. I have a 3x15 and 5x25 that have functioned very well for well over 10 yrs. Very nice to know there is good possibility of repair if needed. A well functioning Premier is a formidable scope.