• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Premiere Heritage is here! Reticle photo included

philodox

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 4, 2007
Athens, Ga
Just a little excited. Figured I'd show some pictures of my new toy on my baby. It's an FN SPR on an A4 stock with a can. The reticle is the Gen 2 XR. Rings are USMC M40A3 1.0" in 34mm. Not much more to say. The photo's do the talking!

Prem1.jpg

Prem2.jpg

Prem3.jpg

PremRetIllumOn.jpg

PremRet.jpg

Re: Premiere Heritage is here! Reticle photo included

I do like that reticle. Any trouble with bolt knob clearance or cases hitting the windage knob on ejection with that setup?

I hate you man!! ...... seriously that's sweet. I can't wait for mine

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I do like that reticle. Any trouble with bolt knob clearance or cases hitting the windage knob on ejection with that setup? </div></div>

Bolt knob clearance is perfect. Brass cycles through without hitting anything. I never sling brass and thankfully the model 70 action the FN has allows me to control my brass ejection speed. I've been too busy moving the woman into the house to do anything other than mount and level the scope. Still need to go to the range, but that'll be a few days before I can do that. I'll see if I can sneak out tomorrow for an hour or two to shoot.

very nice rig

Thanks for the photos. That is a nice looking weapon, we are all jealous.

Please post some photos of that reticle on a target at distance when you get the chance.

Still playing the waiting game here. Congrats on getting yours!

Moving a woman and that scope under the same roof.... brave man, haha.

Question on this... I ordered a USO SG/ARD today. I'll be able to just relocate the PH front cap correct?

As promised, here's a photo of the Gen 2 XR Reticle at 100yds out @ 15 power.

Gen2XR100yd.jpg

**EDIT** Removed a photo of a 3 shot group so the super midget doesn't get pissed at me **EDIT**

Nice shooting. Thank you for the photo. I like the width of the X/Y of the reticle but the hash marks cold have been a bit bigger (on the MLR) side. It looks like it would be hard to range with.

What is your opinion?

What height are the rings on your rig? Which ones?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1505scouts</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As promised, here's a photo of the Gen 2 XR Reticle at 100yds out @ 15 power.

Gen2XR100yd.jpg

**EDIT** Removed a photo of a 3 shot group so the super midget doesn't get pissed at me **EDIT**
</div></div>

That photo does the thickness justice. i am glad I went with the XR, thank you for the great photo.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hazardus</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What height are the rings on your rig? Which ones? </div></div>

I know you did not ask ME, but I will be running my PH with Badger Rings 306-14, Schmidt Bender 34mm, 1.0

edit- rings the OP used are in his first post

"USMC M40A3 1.0" in 34mm"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hazardus</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What height are the rings on your rig? Which ones? </div></div>

They are USMC M40A3 1.0" 34mm rings. Badger makes them. I love them.

Thanks for that...

I know, I have come back to this post like 20 times since it started just to look at that scope.

How do you like the hash marks on the reticle, to thin, just right, etc...?

I have decided this is the scope I want, but battling in my mind over which reticle to get. Mostly shoot out to 300 yrds, but want to go out further easily as well.

Yes it is illuminated but with it turned off (dead battery) what are the low light conditions with the reticle.

Ya ya not a deal breaker by any means...just curious

Good question. I just put my order in with Scott at Libertyoptics and just need to decide on the reticle now.
Would like to hear from 1505scouts and others who actually have the scope.

I have shot at low light out to 200yds, and have looked out to 500 yards with it at dusk. The glass on the Heritage is by far the best I've seen. I've owned NF, Leupy, and shot guns that were using USO glass. The Heritage by far blows them all out of the water, especially in light gathering and optical clarity

I don't have any issues at all using the Gen 2 XR reticle on 3x in low light conditions. However, I rarely will take the zoom down below 10x anyhow unless I need a very wide field of view. So that's pretty much moot. The light transference in the Heritage is so good during low light conditions that any magnification you can see the reticle clearly against the target, unless it's a black target.. at which point I don't care which scope/reticle you have, it's going to be tough.

I haven't had a chance to use the hash marks yet. I would for hold offs at long range, but haven't been able to shoot past 200yrds yet. Our PD range only goes out to 200. I'll add a post when I can take it out to 700yds. Hopefully I can do that next week.

I hope that answered your questions.

**EDIT** fixed some spelling errors

Thanks for the feedback.

Maybe I could sell the wife??