• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Premium AR10 in 6.5 CM. Daniel Defense or what?

AKMsoldier

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Sep 27, 2020
I dont think I would want to build an AR10. I am cosidering buying a premium AR10 yet I dont want to spend 4-7 K on a KAC or H&K. If we look at the quality, accuracy and reliability, is my feeling correct that Daniel Defense woild be the best option?

Hmmm
.. GAP=$3000 I was hoping to fit a $2500 budget

Thank you... thats affordable but is Seekins sp10 better of better quality than Daniel Defense?

I have a DD5V5 6.5CM. its insanely accurate. a tac driver well past 1000 yards. 20" barrel and I hit a mile with it. after about 1200 rounds I did have some odd cycling issues and had to send it in. they replaced the gas block and some other tiny things and even sent it back clean, oiled, and with an extra 10 round magpul mag. you get their warranty with their work and its one of the best customer service experiences I've ever had.

Reactions: BruntBronze
In my experience, 'premium AR-10' and a $2500 budget might not be found in the same sentence very often. It isn't hard to exceed that if you chose to do a build on your own. When I was considering a build, the GAP-10, Wilson Super Sniper, and JP LRP weren't all that much more than what I had spec'd for my build, around $3k or a bit more.
My vote would be to go with the DD for that budget.

I’d probably do the seekins over the DD but both should be good to go. I’d rate a JP above both, but that’s $4k. If you scrounge around and do all the work yourself you can build a top notch one for about $3k before optic and mount.

One of the other neat things about the DD is the design of the parts in the bolt carrier group and the upper. They make pins and screws that don’t fall out so when cleaning in the field you don’t lose important stuff. Proprietary designs that I’ve seen friends with other ARs lose those parts even at the range haha. It’s the little things that make a really great rifle.

Seekins sp10
I just ordered a SP10 from Seekins. GAP does all my bolt gun builds & I wanted the GAP-10 for the Bartlein barrel & GAP quality. The gap is a seekins upper & lower. So, I decided to buy the Seekins & upgrade bbl later if needed. With my Veterans discount I paid ~ $2,250 for the Seekins.

Reactions: BikePilot