• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PREORDER Robinson Armament XCR-M in .308 & .260

Goot

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 17, 2008
San Antonio, TX
www.facebook.com
Well Robinson Armament made a new website, new XCR stock, and new XCR-M rifle!
smile.gif

They are taking preorders!

http://xcr.robarm.com/xcrm.php

Re: PREORDER Robinson Armament XCR-M in .308 & .260

wonder what kind of magazines they take?

Check out the Rob Arms Forum: Rob Arms for lessons in how <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-style: italic">not</span></span> to provide customer service!

How much are they going to cost? Also that stock looks like an abortion :-/

I have been looking at these since the test vid leaked last year sometime. MSRP is looking around 1800-2500. From what I found they are taking the DPMS mags. Will have one sooner or later.

"The XCR-M is going to retail for $2300 (+$100 for barrels over 18.6") with a stock and we are accepting pre-orders for $900. We expect these to begin shipping before Christmas."

Any better pictures of this? The Robinson Arm site comes up with all sorts of errors when I try to click on the picture for more information\pictures.

Mohonri, Thanks for posting. Indeed we do have a new rifle based that is chambered for cartridges based on the .308 cartridge. The rifle is a continuation of our XCR-L series rifles. We will begin shipping the rifles next month.

Here's why you might be interested:

Aside from being super reliable with the best ergonomics around they have:

1) A full 1913 rail machined parallel to the bore of the rifle.
2) A quick change barrel system that actually re-zeros. Caliber changes take literally minutes. We are already offering .308 and .260.
3) Two different upper receivers lengths that can accept barrels from 13" up to 20" in length.
4) Smooth operation and low recoil.

They use the SR-25/DPMS/P-MAG type magazines. The average price is about $2300 including our new FAST stock which is fully adjustable and folds too.

It will be hard to find a system better than this. If you have any questions, please post them. I will be glad to answer them.

Alex Robinson
General Manager
Robinson Armament Co.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: frankythefly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any better pictures of this? The Robinson Arm site comes up with all sorts of errors when I try to click on the picture for more information\pictures. </div></div>

The site is new and has a few bugs. That should be fixed. There are so many different iterations of our rifles that we are working on a "configurator" program which will allow you to build the configuration of your choice on the scree. This should be done this week.

Cheers

Is the trigger mechanism a standard AR type that can be upgraded or is it a propriety design? What is the chance of someone being able to personally handle a prototype\pre-release at your facility in SLC?

Thanks,
~FTF~

Always nice to see manufactures on these forums taking the time to answer questions.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: frankythefly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is the trigger mechanism a standard AR type that can be upgraded or is it a propriety design? What is the chance of someone being able to personally handle a prototype\pre-release at your facility in SLC?

Thanks,
~FTF~

Always nice to see manufactures on these forums taking the time to answer questions. </div></div>

Here's the problem, we heard lots of chatter from tactical instructors that "match" triggers" for ARs did not hold up when put to the extremes. A few years ago, we designed a trigger that has about a 4 lb. pull AND can take a beating over a long period of time without problems. It is also two stage. A gunsmith can easliy shorten the 2nd stage so that it has a very match feel to it, yet they still hold up.

Good to see manufacturer response without having to ask them to come here! Thanks. Seems like the same good service I have encountered with them! Sad to here there was a few issues, but they happen.

I am excited about the XCR-M rifle and new stock!
smile.gif

What style mags does the XCR-M use?

Piston system - reliable/durable/low maintenance

Affordable conversions. More caliber conversions will be offered later?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mohonri</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good to see manufacturer response without having to ask them to come here! Thanks. Seems like the same good service I have encountered with them! Sad to here there was a few issues, but they happen.

I am excited about the XCR-M rifle and new stock!
smile.gif

What style mags does the XCR-M use?

Piston system - reliable/durable/low maintenance

Affordable conversions. More caliber conversions will be offered later? </div></div>

The XCR-M uses the SR-25/DPMS/PMAG type magazines.

We will end up with quite a few conversions. We could do .243, 7mm 08, 6.5x47, etc.

Just curious if you will be offering to have a 300blk barrel for the XCR L. Once VA gets off their thumbs I will be seeing about getting both XCR L and M. Really liking both system in fact still kicking myself about doing the ACR instead of your platform mainly cause you all actually have the barrel conversion kits already out. However, in the Augusta GA area there is no one that carries your product. Anyways, looking to do a 300blk build the cool thing about the XCR L is that it will only need a new barrel which I am guessing you all may be able to provide for about 350 bucks or so. In todays market there is really nothing like your systems.

300 BLK will never work on an XCR-L. You would need a Micro.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rsilvers</div><div class="ubbcode-body">300 BLK will never work on an XCR-L. You would need a Micro.</div></div>

I think Silvers is right. I don't see the full length barrel working I will try a mini when I get time. I'm shipping my first 10" .300 BLK to a customer this weeks whose been pestering me. He can test it and give a report.

It does work and I can make them in 7.5 to 10" and maybe longer. This is for the XCR-L.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mohonri</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They just put up the RA-XCR-M Builder! smile
http://xcr.robarm.com/mbuilder.php

It seems like the XCR-M is lighter than most AR-10s? Is this true? </div></div>

The M is pretty light. Most of the weight is in the barrel. A heavy, long barrel will get the weight up there around 9.5 lbs. or more. The 13" and 16" light are really light. I have been shooting a 13" heavy barreled version. The Weight of that configuration is 8 lbs. 2 oz. Thats not too shabby. The neat thing is that it's controllable.

What should we expect for accuracy out of the "M" with the longer (18.5 and up) tubes?

Thanks in advance