• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Prescription Eyeglasses and Gun Optics

IronMaidenFan

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 19, 2012
Palm Beach, Florida
Do you shooters who wear prescription eyeglasses use them when you shoot or do you wear non Rx sunglasses and use the diopter setting on your riflescope to compensate instead?

Re: Prescription Eyeglasses and Gun Optics

Always with prescription glasses on.

I have my prescription safety glasses that work paid for, a week later they laid my ass off.... Anyway glasses are nice and they are lightly tinted yellow glass.

Prescription glasses always on.

You can use your scope to correct for your vision depending on your prescription but when your in field precision competitions where your moving between shooting locations and acquiring multiple targets at different distances its good to be able to spot it with your eyes and kill it in the scope as L.L says.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AtOne</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Prescription glasses always on.

You can use your scope to correct for your vision depending on your prescription but when your in field precision competitions where your moving between shooting locations and acquiring multiple targets at different distances its good to be able to spot it with your eyes and kill it in the scope as L.L says.</div></div> This. Why would you scan the target area with glasses on only to remove them to take a shot?

I shoot with my glasses on so I can see everything, not just what's in my scope. I need my glasses for work, as well, and they have protected my eyes on numerous occasions. Even if I didn't need corrective lenses I would still need to wear them 90% of the time. I've seen guys lose an eye when a cheap pair of sunglasses/safety glasses would have saved them. IMO, shooting without them is dumb. I know some of you guys do it but you are big boys and can make your own decision.

The problem is that most "over the counter" safety glasses suck. They don't fit right and the plastic sucks. Even if you don't need corrective lenses you can go to your local "eyeball shop" and get a pair of good fitting-cool looking frames and have some good shatterproof lenses fitted to them. Might as well get your eyes checked as well. Just my thoughts. It was free so STFU!!!
cool.gif

Glasses on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Eric Bryant</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Glasses on, as the Scopes diopter adjustment doesn't correct for astigmatism.

Go a page or two deeper into this sub forum, and you'll find the thread we did on this topic just a few days ago.

Edit - here's the link: http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=290207&Number=3293564 </div></div>

Excellent info, sorry I missed it before starting this thread. Thanks to everyone for the input here though.