• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Press Placement - Concerns To Avoid

Kpchurch

Voluntold Youso
Minuteman
Nov 27, 2017
Atlanta, GA
I’m getting ready to mount my Big Dog Steel base and Zero Press to my bench. I’ve got an Inline Fabrication flush mount base plate coming, along with the QD plates for the CPS and the Henderson Case Trimmer.

Trying to decide where to mount the press. Want your thoughts on the location shown in the pics attached? I’m right handed so thinking it could work where it’s shown. Is there anything else I should consider?

DC7401CC-0BFB-476D-960B-D05E098FD181.jpegA8C843D6-716F-4CA4-A51D-D0EA2BA316F9.jpeg

I’d say for the amount of room you have there I think that as good as any of a spot. You can easily clean your rifle where it’s located now and you have room to do other things. The way I look at it, you want it centralized where you have your bullets, powder, primers, brass. Your brass prep can be done farther away but your powder charging needs to be a little bit closer to the pres.

If your not sure you can router grooves in your table top and install rails for things to mount to or slide here, there or out of the way......I thought about that but powder, primers, gun parts will fall into those groves and be hard to clean up.

Mine NEEDS some serious cleaning but hunting season, having an 5 month old infant and too much crap that I don’t have anymore places for has it in shambles!!! Can’t wait for the new house with a lot more space for my guns, equipment and be our safe/bunker room also!!
image.jpg