• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pressure effects on external ballistics

tna9001

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 4, 2017
Asheville NC
Hello All,

I was playing around with the AB Analytics software and noticed that pressure uncertainty makes a big difference at distance. Is it just that as pressure decreases, aerodynamic drag decreases or is there another factor at play?

Thanks in advance!

The first is 100% RH, and the second is 0% RH. I wonder why RH makes a difference if temperature and pressure stay constant.

Screenshot 2023-08-30 at 5.29.50 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-08-30 at 5.28.50 PM.png

The 3 things I care the most about are. Temperature, Barometric Pressure and Humility. I get out to shoot ELR several times a year for 2 weeks at a time. After hiking the course first thing in the morning. My first shot of the day is just over a mile 1790yds with my 30-06. My goal is knocking over my 12 inch wide by 18 inch tall target from a stone cold barrel first shot of the day. For me with that info it comes down to calling the wind. The wind usually wins but I get lucky enough to keep me trying.
NDR