• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Pressure issues with suppressor.

Akhunter907

Private
Minuteman
Nov 27, 2013
Hello. I have about 2000 rounds on a TBAC Ultra. Mix of 223, 300wsm and some 6.5 saum

shooting my 300 today, with a known load that has no pressure problems. I started getting a sticky bolt. Extractor marks etc. took the suppressor off. Everything went back to normal. Everything was fine suppressed when I started. It kind of “came on as I was shooting suppressed”

So so kind of new to suppressors. Do I need to clean it? That’s about my only thought?

Could also be the load. Variations in lots or handloads happen and some powders are dirtier than others exacerbating what Zak said.

Ya, was thinking maybe along those lines too. I’ll get a good brush in the throat. Maybe I’ve neglected it.

was just surprised how quickly it came on. Hundreds of suppressed rounds. With this same charge and load. I’m sure it’s operator error or neglect. Love the suppressor. Maybe just hit that threshold of carbon buildup....

Last edited:
This happens to me as well. The loads are great without the can, then it has heavier bolt lift and extractor marks when the can goes on. It is more of an issue with loads that already are on the edge pressure wise as well.

Same thing happened to me. Snowy Mountain 308, with a 175 TMK load I had shot for 2 years without any problems, then after a few hundred rounds with a suppressor I started blowing primers out of the pockets, so I am just planning on cleaning more regularly. At least the chamber/throat area.