• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pressure signs after cleaning rifle

Rocketboy

Private
Minuteman
Oct 5, 2020
So developed a great load that grouped great and shot really good. Last night I cleaned my bore and took the rifle out today to do a bit of practicing and to see how a different bullet shot. Started off with my old load… hard bolt lift with a mark on bottom from bolt. What would cause a non hot load to now be too hot? Bore cleaner, could there be some now that acts as lube to push case back? Lost right now.

You used a different bullet, so by definition fired rounds using a different load receipe (not your “old load”). If you switch any of the four components (brass, bullet, primer, powder) that make up a loaded round you need to reinitiate load development.

Cleaning has nothing to do with it.

You used a different bullet, so by definition fired rounds using a different load receipe (not your “old load”). If you switch any of the four components (brass, bullet, primer, powder) that make up a loaded round you need to reinitiate load development.

Cleaning has nothing to do with it.
Sorry, started with same bullet and load. Also loaded a new bullet and load. The old load with the same bullets as before we’re now hot. So… my 6x47 Berger 105 load that worked last week when it was hotter outside, was now hot today. I also loaded up some 108 hornady’s to test out as well.

Use a chemical to remove any traces of oil left in the chamber or bore. I hit mine with gun scrubber prior to firing, simple and quick.

I'll dry patch after the scrubber as well.

What is the load you are using? Do you weigh each round?

Bullet & weight
Brass
Primer
Powder & Weight
Overall length of cartridge