• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Preview of posts

krink85

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 8, 2008
Sierra Vista AZ
Is there a option to be able to preview a thread with out having to click it? It would be nice to just see what some posts are and not have to click them. I looked in my preferences an didnt see anyhtin gthat i would think is it but im not sure. Thanks

Re: Preview of posts

If you use Firefox (which I recommend everyone do) check out this addon:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2207

It does what you are looking for. You will have to install it from the site, then restart Firefox for it to take effect. change the options by going to "tools" -> "add-ons" -> "Cool Previews" -> "options" -> "Preview Open Mode" Set that option to "Open Preview on Mouseover". "Save" then restart Firefox. Then, each time you mouseover or hover over a link, a temp. version of that link will open in your current window.

ETA: You will most likely want to change the options Delay to xxx also. This controls how long the addon before it performs the specified action. For example you will almost certainly want to change the option Delay opening preview window to 1000. This controls how long it waits on a mouseover before it opens a preview. If you leave it at the default setting, it opens the preview almost as soon as your mouse touches a link. That gets VERY annoying. A change to 1000 gives you a second before it actually opens the preview.

If you use Internet Explorer - well, you're on your own
smile.gif