• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PRI Mk 12 Mod 0 or Mod H

J.Boney

Resident Sheepdog
Minuteman
May 10, 2006
NC - USA
I have had the itch for a Mk12 Mod 0 for a while. I have narrowed my choice down to PRI. I was looking at the MOD H also. Outside of the 16" vs 18" barrel and few other changes, do any of you have experience with the PRI MOD H?

Thanks in advance!

JB

@J.Boney -- if this is your first Mk12, go for the Mod0. You will never regret it. It is the quintessential military correct SPR. You can always add a Holland later. The Mk12 is making a comeback, and it is a very popular item this year. Mod0, Mod1 and Mod-H. Personally, I am slow to the Mod-H, but that is 100% a personal thing.

FWIW, We build the Mod 0 from the ground-up with a retired Navy Crane armorer doing the build. All military parts. PRI, ARMS, Colt, etc. We also are a dealer for PRI. We also stock the proper optics. Let me know if we can help you.

I did have a PRI MOD 0. You may wish to check the screws periodically (there are many on the PRI tube/replica SPR PEQ rail, and also the set screw on the Allen collar. Pretty much everything threaded on mine except the barrel nut came loose in the first 300 rounds. Everything else about it was pretty good other than what I thought to be excessive brand laser etching on the side of the upper receiver.

I think PRI's replica parts, particularly the FSB have been redesigned and are closer to what the originals looked like.

The MOD 1 and "MOD H" I think are a little more practical and easier to replicate, but they don't match the iconic look of the MOD 0 replicas.

Reactions: J.Boney
Thanks for the input guys. I am really leaning more towards the Mod O. Although expensive, I really like that PRI round handguard.

@longshot2000 , I appreciate the willingness to help with the build. I will check out your site.

In true interwebs fashion, GET BOTH. :p

My favorite has always been the Mod 0, but the H is definitely more handy.

12374909_10153863737668035_6297581545635676500_o.jpg

i like the mod h the best easily in function. if it was just looks the mod 0 for sure but the thing weighs more like a ar-10.
youre not giving up much w/ the 16" barrel.
i just stripped down my mod 0 to put a varmint tube and cantilever mount.
but im not as much of a collector as wanting a practical rifle.
i dont think im giving up anything in performance on the mod h though w/ the 8 power leupold w/ mk262 dials its a great rifle.
get your can ordered and form submitted early!

i like the mod h the best easily in function. if it was just looks the mod 0 for sure but the thing weighs more like a ar-10.
youre not giving up much w/ the 16" barrel.
i just stripped down my mod 0 to put a varmint tube and cantilever mount.
but im not as much of a collector as wanting a practical rifle.
i dont think im giving up anything in performance on the mod h though w/ the 8 power leupold w/ mk262 dials its a great rifle.
get your can ordered and form submitted early!

I know it’s gonna be heavy.. I’m use to my comp bolt guns being 14lbs. I already have a lightweight CQB 16” AR. What kind of accuracy are you getting with the MK 262?

I know it’s gonna be heavy.. I’m use to my comp bolt guns being 14lbs. I already have a lightweight CQB 16” AR. What kind of accuracy are you getting with the MK 262?

With the PRI Douglas barrel, typically .7-1.0 for 5-round groups, 100y.

I also did not mention, mine came with an AR15-cut carrier if that matters.

I have a HCS Mk12Mod1 and a full PRI Mk12 ModH.

The Mod H outshoots the Mod1 and with a 77g TMK I shoot to 700 with it often. Makes you really laugh that you're doing it with a 16 inch barrel.

My Mod1 has a NF 2.5-10x24 on it and I have the Wilcox top ring half with a MRDS on it.

Mod H has an older Leupold Mk4 3.5-10 with an Aimpoint T1 on the tube at 2 o clock.

Nice thing is the Ops Inc can goes on both.

I have a HCS Mk12Mod1 and a full PRI Mk12 ModH.

The Mod H outshoots the Mod1 and with a 77g TMK I shoot to 700 with it often. Makes you really laugh that you're doing it with a 16 inch barrel.

My Mod1 has a NF 2.5-10x24 on it and I have the Wilcox top ring half with a MRDS on it.

Mod H has an older Leupold Mk4 3.5-10 with an Aimpoint T1 on the tube at 2 o clock.

Nice thing is the Ops Inc can goes on both.

Nice!

I have a PRI mod0 and couldn't be happier, I just love the lines on it, dead sexy... and it shoots about .6moa with 77SMK's. I got the upper on sale for $1400, watch for black Friday sales.

Reactions: Henok
for looks Mod 0 for portability and weight mod 1

Attachments

• 20181108_205001.jpg
    20181108_205001.jpg
    419.8 KB · Views: 563
  • 20181108_204925.jpg
    20181108_204925.jpg
    486.9 KB · Views: 504
  • 20181108_204934.jpg
    20181108_204934.jpg
    395 KB · Views: 631
Some guys can get crazy results out of their Mod Hs. Pretty awesome guns, but I'm more partial to the NSW "recce" rifles myself.

If you are going to shoot critters with it go with the Mod O. The difference between a 16" and 18" barrel is simply amazing.

If you catch Brownells right you can get the complete PRI MOD 0 for $1600. You gotta catch it on the 10% discount days. I have a PRI Mod 0 I bought and a Mod 1 I built. The H is next on my list.

I've built semi-clones of both. The 0 carries a 1.5-6 USO and a TBAC can, the H a T-1. The H to me is an accurate carbine, the 0 a rifle. Love the 0 though.

Necropost incoming! Going to get a Mk12 Mod 0 soon. After reading this thread and seeing that the correct scope is kind of poo poo, I'm going more modern with the Mark5 HD 3.6-18. Rings still the best option to make it look as close to possible to the original? About to order some ARC rings because ARMS doesn't make 35mm rings.

If you don't care about having a "clone correct" SPR, you can always ditch the top rail and use a modern cantilevered scope mount. Mine has an ADM QD mount and Ares BTR 2.5-15x scope. Living in CA, mine was always going to be some sort of abomination anyway, so I took some liberties from the original design. It's still a work in progress, but damn do I love how it looks & shoots.

The Delta handguard and EFX-A1 stock are my favorite parts on this build.

Y7tmHMo.jpeg

I did. Base was a self etching primer from auto zone. It came in OD green and rust brown. Then just krylon or whatever for tops coats.
Thinking of getting mine in FDE and doing something similar. I am not crafty at all though so worry it will turn out shitty.

This is my Honda Civic build. Aero M4E1 upper, lower, R One MLOK 15" rail, Aero charging handle, BCG, gas block, ARP 16" barrel, VLTOR A5 buffer system, Dominus CB
You running a fixed gas block with the Dominus? A5H2? RCA adjustable gas key?

I tried a SA AGB and H2 carbine buffer with my Dominus and I had to have it in full bleed off. I am running a UBR Gen 2 stock which is a little longer tube.

They are both excellent, the Mod 0 has a 18” Rainer Ultra match rifle length gas And the Mod H has a BA Premium 16” mid length, Both are Ops12 cut.

They are both excellent, the Mod 0 has a 18” Rainer Ultra match rifle length gas And the Mod H has a BA Premium 16” mid length, Both are Ops12 cut.
What is ops 12 cut? Everything I’m seeing says it’s the muzzle? I don’t know.